FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kaboozey

Anyone NOT looking forward to WoD?

My account has been frozen since December on account of becoming a daddy + Wildstar beta, but I've been following WoW/WoD information just to stay up to date.  I only started playing a 'lock in Mists, but it has been far and away the class I have enjoyed playing the most.

WoW-wise,I haven't seen anything but downers.  DoT snap-shotting removal was among the over simplification of the game, which renders Pandemic near useless and makes Affliction the most brain dead spec ever. The new Warlock talents are "meh", and this popped up on twitter not long ago:

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/status/446704252052721665

I'm afraid I don't understand this:

Instead, we think the right call is to leave them until Warlords, then fix them there. We agree that they're too strong now

Isn't this the optimum time to be making changes if you already plan to?  Or are you not trying to pre-piss people off so hopefully they'll buy your product?  I just think they should be more clear with their intentions. 

Honestly, going back to Outlands sounds amazing.  Burning Crusade was by far my favorite era of WoW. With that said, I'm heavily leaning toward abandoning WoW all together.  Though I prefer Fantasy vs Sci-Fi, I think Wildstar better encompasses the original spirit of WoW.  The first boss video of the first raid nearly has me sold by itself.  ESO is certainly nothing to write home about, and I haven't seen enough of Everquest Next to make a judgement.

Well reading the post right before that, it seems in they nerf warlocks right now it would be a detriment to everyone currently doing any progression. Why completley change the way a game works when you can do it when that's gonna happen anyway? (such as content patch or expansion).

Blizzard has always been one to not change things mid content unless it's absolutely game breaking

I'm not saying they should make changes to current content.  The way I read it, he/she made it sound they were gonna wait until we were into WoD first.  Re-reading it helps I suppose.

If the nerfs he's referring to are the recent announced ones like the gateway change, it's no big deal.  But really, none of those changes are detrimental enough to deter the original logic of the "necessity" of having a Warlock.  The Healthstone change certainly shakes things up, but if they create encounters like they say they want (less bursty), it won't be so bad.  The gateway change is actually a buff in some circumstances.

Edit: Clarification.

Edited by Kaboozey

Always look forward to a new expac.  While some of the changes wont be desirable some of them will be.

I may not like every change that happens, but overall i have been very happy with the Evolution of the game.  outside of Class specifics, things like Dual Talents, LFD, Mog, Reforge get brought in which bring more to the game as a whole.

Our damage is going to be brought back in line.  Right now, we are outliers in every way, shape, and form.  Enjoy remaining overpowered right now - we are the flavor of the expansion.  In WoD, a lot of the people who rolled Warlocks because they were overpowered will go back to their original class.  We always find ways to bring value to the raids we are in.  Right now, it's too easy to bring value as a Warlock.  This is what is being rightfully corrected.

I can't wait, personally.

New quests, new zones, new raids.

The thrill of levelling again and spamming those heroics ready to step foot into T17.

It's going to be GLORIOUS.

Won't be spamming heroics unless you need certain pieces of gear.  Completing Challenge Modes with Bronze or better will have a chance to net you LFR quality gear.  This is where most of the elite players should be farming gear.

Won't be spamming heroics unless you need certain pieces of gear.  Completing Challenge Modes with Bronze or better will have a chance to net you LFR quality gear.  This is where most of the elite players should be farming gear.

Heroics for the first day for blues, CMs might be slow at first but once they're learned it will be speed runs for the upper tier players. I'm pumped for that, good players getting a real edge because they are good is always something I love.

It is said that BRONZE earns LFR gear.  We should be able to get Bronze the first time we see the bloody dungeon.  Bronze is SO relaxed.  Gold time for Gate is 12:00 while Bronze is 45:00.  Gold time for SP Monastery is an hour...it won't matter if they're slow.  Getting Bronze should be easy for anyone who got silver in the previous set.

I'm excited about a lot of the QOL changes. We're not going to be god mode necessarily, but our toolkit I think will still make us very desirable.

I'm excited about a lot of the QOL changes. We're not going to be god mode necessarily, but our toolkit I think will still make us very desirable.

IMO its our toolkit that keeps us being strong always, regardless.  Our specs have strengths in various situations and lock more than any other class I know play between specs to take advantage of fight mechanics.  

They nerf us, and we find a way to still be better because we are awesome.

that's my assessment as well. the toolkit we have now (ignoring damage numbers) is pretty godlike as it is. things like FNB, havoc, soul swap, and KJC are just so incredibly good in so many different situations and really define the "warlock experience" as a unique thing in the game. 

I don't want to see warlocks nerfed but at the moment if all things are equal (gear and skill) locks will be top by a considerable amount. I'd personally like to top the meters because of skill as a player not because the class.

It is said that BRONZE earns LFR gear.  We should be able to get Bronze the first time we see the bloody dungeon.  Bronze is SO relaxed.  Gold time for Gate is 12:00 while Bronze is 45:00.  Gold time for SP Monastery is an hour...it won't matter if they're slow.  Getting Bronze should be easy

for anyone who got silver in the previous set.

Here's hoping they don't rebalance this, so that I have to actually find a good CM group in MG!!! lol.

I guess I'm just miffed about Affliction and unless they announce a change, it's going to be nothing but spamming MG.  On par with Combat rogues.

Demo is the only spec left that appeals to me because of it's complexity, though the Timmy in me (for you Magic: The Gathering players) is amused by Charred Remains for Destro.  I'd probably feel like this guy: 

I'm actually super excited to see snapshotting go, but agree that Affliction will feel very bland.

Regardless, in it's current form Affliction is frustrating because it's damage is 100% based on RNG and the opener.

If something didn't proc in the first 10 seconds you may aswell go afk. You burst high then ride that wave home. Whoever gets the most black blood procs wins other than that.

To be fair, that's every spec right now. It's what caused us a lot of wipes on Garrosh in phase 1 just because the RNG of procs at the start would swing everyone so much we'd either way overshoot our timing on him or way undershoot it. It's the shit state of the game at the moment.

Isn't this the optimum time to be making changes if you already plan to?  Or are you not trying to pre-piss people off so hopefully they'll buy your product?  I just think they should be more clear with their intentions. 

Don't worry, you'll still be overpowered I'm sure.

My account has been frozen since December on account of becoming a daddy + Wildstar beta, but I've been following WoW/WoD information just to stay up to date.  I only started playing a 'lock in Mists, but it has been far and away the class I have enjoyed playing the most.

WoW-wise,I haven't seen anything but downers.  DoT snap-shotting removal was among the over simplification of the game, which renders Pandemic near useless and makes Affliction the most brain dead spec ever. The new Warlock talents are "meh", and this popped up on twitter not long ago:

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/status/446704252052721665

I'm afraid I don't understand this:

Honestly, going back to Outlands sounds amazing.  Burning Crusade was by far my favorite era of WoW. With that said, I'm heavily leaning toward abandoning WoW all together.  Though I prefer Fantasy vs Sci-Fi, I think Wildstar better encompasses the original spirit of WoW.  The first boss video of the first raid nearly has me sold by itself.  ESO is certainly nothing to write home about, and I haven't seen enough of Everquest Next to make a judgement.

Actually, from a lore perspective...we arent going back to Outland per say. Were going to Draenor. Outland doesnt exist in this timeline.

Our damage is going to be brought back in line.  Right now, we are outliers in every way, shape, and form.  Enjoy remaining overpowered right now - we are the flavor of the expansion.  In WoD, a lot of the people who rolled Warlocks because they were overpowered will go back to their original class.  We always find ways to bring value to the raids we are in.  Right now, it's too easy to bring value as a Warlock.  This is what is being rightfully corrected.

We've pretty much been the flavor of every expansion lol. Locks were awesome in Vanilla, We were kings in BC with an albeit horribly boring rotation. We also held the line easily in Wrath and Cata. We're pretty much always awesome regardless of any buffs or nerfs haha.

I'm actually super excited to see snapshotting go, but agree that Affliction will feel very bland.

Regardless, in it's current form Affliction is frustrating because it's damage is 100% based on RNG and the opener.

If something didn't proc in the first 10 seconds you may aswell go afk. You burst high then ride that wave home. Whoever gets the most black blood procs wins other than that.

With Aff being my favorite spec, im a bit saddened by the changes to it. After being Destro for a while now, i was really looking forward to starting Aff again. Now, i dont know. Maybe its because im a vanilla baby when Aff was a complex and intricate dance...now its looking sooooo...endgame BC'ish lol.

The rest of it im looking very forward to...then again, i look forward to every expansion because there is always some awesome stuff i cant wait to see. This time around its the Toybox lol. finally a place for all my useless trinkets. I remember when they finally gave us learn-able pets and mounts. I think i only had two mounts, but literally every slot, in every bag in my bank had a pet in it. I believe at the time i was probably one of the highest ranked people on warcraft pets. Now im like...4000 or something. But i am at 93 on stormrage which is the second largest server.

not looking forward to WoD at all or anything about it.  All they are doing is putting 100% ALL effort into normalization so that it's harder to spot the shitty players until you get them into the run and they wipe you a few times doing stupid mechanics errors, this will be the complete death of pugs, unless they make the content so easy (which seems like they will based on everything they're putting into WoD) that it's faceroll.

and then garrisons ...... they are giving a fuck all about anything other than making bad players able to disguise themselves as being less bad (no professions, reforge, anything that would make a bad player more easily spotted), and then everything else is going into garrisons, which sounds like complete zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

It all sounds like shit, and I haven't talked to, read anything from anyone otherwise, really just hoping that once the beta comes out and they get mountains of terrible feedback they actually listen for once and fire the braindead tards responsible for wasting their resources.

It wasn't broken, yet they decided to "fix".  Whoever the first dumbass at blizz that said "hey, let's really cut back on dungeons.  I think people will really enjoy it." should definitely be forced into mandatory vasectomy so they can never procreate.  We don't need offspring in the world from minds like that.

no professions, reforge, anything that would make a bad player more easily spotted

I wouldn't consider any of these a sign of a good player. I've completed many 9/9 Challenge Modes on all classes without leveling professions because I found it more time consuming than the dungeons themselves to level them. Reforging is important and can give a good idea of if a player knows their stat weights, but, like, AMR, reforgelite, lots of other stuff.  I can push one button and get a reforge path that might not be optimal but more than viable.  You want to find a good player, read logs, search epeenbot.  I'd also say, Blizz is bringing a lot more mastering of classes to WoD. The new boomkin model looks very similar to the nuke style that destro is and afflic will become, giving it a mastering through using procs and rotation in a more comprehensive way that casting DoT's on procs like what every class currently is. You will be able to tell good from bad very easily ESPECIALLY because of the normalization.

It wasn't broken, yet they decided to "fix".  Whoever the first dumbass at blizz that said "hey, let's really cut back on dungeons.  I think people will really enjoy it." should definitely be forced into mandatory vasectomy so they can never procreate.  We don't need offspring in the world from minds like that.

You are really overreacting and pulling away this forum thread.  It's a video game and I HIGHLY DOUBT anyone goes, "Shit man, I would really love to sub to the new xpac, but they only have 7 new dungeons and I'm more of an 8 dungeon kind of guy," or "wow, I have to CC 1 in every 30 trash mobs, deal breaker."

really just hoping that once the beta comes out and they get mountains of terrible feedback 

There won't be mountains of feedback because there won't be that many people. Blizz has already said a few times that this will be a small beta compared to other beta tests, especially compared to MoP.

With G.C. gone, they have been listening to the players more lately. But they won't just up and abandon 3 years worth of work or suddenly throw a few thousand man hours in to making more 5 man content. 

All they are doing is putting 100% ALL effort into normalization so that it's harder to spot the shitty players until you get them into the run and they wipe you a few times doing stupid mechanics errors, this will be the complete death of pugs

they are giving a fuck all about anything other than making bad players able to disguise themselves as being less bad (no professions, reforge, anything that would make a bad player more easily spotted)

The slow death of the pug comes from the ideology that reforge, gems, enchants, and professions are the marks of a good player. A Lamborghini driven by a comatose monkey can't win a race, a Toyota Camry driven by a NASCAR Hall of Fame driver can.

The game existed for a long time before reforging, and it will be around a long time after it has gone. Gems are only truly important when doing PG or CMs, and even then you can get away without them and still not break a sweat. One of the best tanks I ever knew was a miner/herber, he didn't have alts and he wanted to make money. Never stopped him from doing US top 20 progression.

This isn't to say that these should be ignored or that they mean nothing, I do fully believe in optimization and that any raider, be they casual or world race, should at all times stay as closely optimized as possible. The time it takes to do so is small and the greater impact of all raiders doing so can mean the difference between a kill and a wipe. But the lack of perfect optimization does in no way prove the worth of a player. 

Bad players always find ways to stand out.  Even players who push insane DPS can be considered bad players if they always find a way to become a corpse before the boss drops his loot.  With less of a focus on maximizing DPS with easier rotations and less button bloat, content can and should be harder to put a focus on players maximizing their performance within combat.  Today, WoW is just like a big car show - people post logs, armory pages, and are concerned with haste breakpoints and what stat is best.  All of that means nothing when you can't stay on the Siegecrafter belt or dodge Sawblades and fire. 

I hope raiding comes at us hard and makes fights REALLY hard.  If everyone can do 95% of your max DPS because of macros and sequence macros enabling mindless DPS, I hope you have to run, jump, hide, stack, spread, stop and start DPS, and use every defensive CD available just to see the last phase of a fight.  I'm REALLY hoping that happens.  If content becomes difficult, you don't have to worry about bad players hiding.  They'll be wearing signs.