FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
MrMike

Resto - Haste breakpoints and Heroic Thok 25

I have a bit of a conundrum that I would like to get some opinions on.

My guild is currently doing 25 man heroic Thok and we are trying to bring in resto shamans.  We have one resto shaman potentially comming in, but he's going for a 50% haste breakpoint.  Now, my question is about weather or not that level of stats (High haste, low crit) is viable for Thok 25 man heroic?

I've always been taught that 30% break point is better overall then go into crit, but I am trying to figure out if his gearing is viable for the encounter?

Thanks for everyones info!

The Healing Rain breakpoint?  I don't think I've ever seen anyone go for that BP.

Personally, I've done Thok on 10 and 25 as Resto, and I can't think of any real value in the extra HR tick.  I'd so much rather the extra crit, because it'll help maintain mana as well as increasing throughput.

Along with that, there's only so much haste that is really effective because of the fight mechanics.  The first time I was doing it, I had 26% after AS, and was able to fit a single CH/HR cast between each roar.

For the real question of if it's viable or not, the answer is most likely yes.  It probably won't make a huge difference in total healing done, especially if it's paired with excellent RT and HST usage.  They'll have to watch their mana closer (or run a spirit build/flask) as well.

Edited by Hybrys

Yes it is viable, an insane ammount of healing on that fight comes from healing rain.

On top of that with my ping (aussie player) I found weave instant spells (cast -> instant -> cast -> instant), between interupts much easier with 50%

That said I still run with the 30% point but would consider either viable on this fight

• Like 1

Yes it is viable, an insane ammount of healing on that fight comes from healing rain.

On top of that with my ping (aussie player) I found weave instant spells (cast -> instant -> cast -> instant), between interupts much easier with 50%

That said I still run with the 30% point but would consider either viable on this fight

Just for my own curiosity, what kind of ping do you play with?  ~200, or higher?

Just for my own curiosity, what kind of ping do you play with?  ~200, or higher?

Wow usualy reports a ping of 175-225.

I have suspicions that blizzard are fudging the figures but thats a topic for anouther day.

At any rate, the window to get a cast in is usualy, ping +reaction time + cast time + ping.

Back on topic, we ran with resto shaman, disc priest, monk healing team, with a pali solo tanking on our kill. Unfortunatly we no longer have a prot pali so may have to move to dual tanking. on top of that out only sourse of devo+ bops in the guild will be an undergeared trial ret pali