Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Azrogol

Raid Viability

11 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I have a question: I've been seeing on some other forums (MMO- Champion, battle.net) that Death Knights aren't that good anymore; is this true?

They have gone down hill a bit. For tanking their at the bottom end of the tanking pole. the dps spec are both currently at the lower end too. it does not mean dont play them or there not good. it just their time to take a turn at the bottom of the totem pole. this data is based on Raidbots.com

Edited by TIme987

DK tanks are one of the best for burst damage mitigation, and our overall damage taken per second is comparable to any other tank. In low damage situations we are the most likely to be able to 100% self heal. We also easily do more tank dps than anything except paladins and maybe brew masters (I haven't tanked with many, but I hear they do high dps). I did 550k dps on heroic Spoils once back in like December and was top 20 in the world for any class/spec for the fight. and about 5 others that were above me were DK tanks. There will be situations where other tanks are optimal, and there will be situations where DK tanks are the best. We can't solo tank heroic Thokk as easily as a paladin can, and we can't solo tank the blood rage on 25H Malkorok very easily. but I can live indefinitely without a healer on heroic Sha, Shamans, and Nazgrim.

DK DPS is in a similar situation right now. It looks bad in simcraft because it's one of the lowest in a patchwerk situation, but we can move and dps better than a lot of other classes. and DW frost pretty much has passive AoE with howling blast, so we really shine on fights like protectors, galakras, nazgrim, malkorok, spoils, seigecrafter. any fight where there is constantly other stuff for us to incidentally cleave and aoe. We can maintain 300k+ dps on a single target and add 100k more dps of aoe from stuff around us without even switching our rotation.

I'm a terrible dps. It's only my offspec, but I have 573+/- dps set. I typically only do about 275-300k because I'm bad. but I've been dps'ing heroic Seigecrafter lately as a fill in, and I'm usually top 5 dps in the raid because of the amount of incidental aoe I do to the bombs, and because I can move and dps as long as I can get back into melee range before I use all my frost/death runes to howling blast.  the only two players consistently beating me on bomb dps are two very well geared shamans that chain lightning for insane dps.

Fantastic!! I've been scouring multiple forums and it's a big back and forth debate, and it's hard to tell whether the detractors are actually bringing valid points, or that they're upset that they aren't in as good a place as say, ferals or locks. I'm glad I have something to look forward to!

Ok, so what about unholy? I have been gearing up mine and hear all the time that I'm "the only unholy PvE DK" they know. How do they stack up with frost? 

We have a UH DK in my 25H raid. He sits at the middle-bottom of the charts, but nothing to the point where people are carrying him. I just never see him take off like I do most of the DPS.

I honestly haven't seen an Unholy DK in a raid since ToT.

If you compare the top 50 ranks for Frost and Unholy on World of Logs they're actually fairly comparable among top ranks. but after the top 50 or so unholy ranks drop off much faster than frost does. It could be because there are far more DK's playing frost right now, or it could be because unholy is more difficult to play optimally.

Honestly I haven't tried unholy at all this expansion. I'm not a big fan of snapshoting.

I play a lock as my main with my alts being mage/boomy/ele shaman so unholy fits right in with what I'm used to :p

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By tanksta1
      [H] Salvation (est.2007) is a progression raiding guild on US-Cenarion Circle/Sisters of Elune.
      Objective
      Salvation is actively searching and recruiting players for current heroic content. What we look to do in the short-term is recruit players and gear them in our farm content. Mythic + will be run as well since it serves as another outlet to gearing up. By doing this we prepare them for our long-term goal, Mythic Mode Progression.
      Recruiting for Tomb of Sargeras
      Tanks- Closed Melee- Rogue x1 Ranged- Mages x1, Hunter x2, Warlock x2, Balance/Resto Druid x1 Healers- Holy/Disc Priest x1, Resto/Ele Shaman x1

***Exceptional applicants can feel free to sign up even if we aren't recruiting your class/spec. Outstanding applications will always be considered.
      We are also accepting players that engage in social aspects of the WoW community such as leveling, PvP, questing, dungeon finding, roleplaying and other challenging activites. We provide monthly guild events. For example, the Tournament of Tiny Champions. It’s a pet battle tournament where guildies compete with each other using 3-6 of their mightiest level 25 tiny champions. We are expanding this extremely fun side of Salvation so that everyone can join in on some action and prizes!
      Raiding Schedule
      Our schedule is as follows. We push content three times a week for 3 hours at a time starting at 6:00pm to 9:00pm PST Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Mondays. 
      Our Raiding Requirements
      You must be able to raid all three nights. Be on time for raid. Lateness will not be tolerated. Be able to play the optimal specialization for Legion raid encounters. (this requirement is more towards the pure dps classes and hybrid classes in some special cases) Come prepared with the knowledge of the Legion raid bosses and mechanics. Have Discord app installed and a working microphone to communicate. Discord browser and phone app is also acceptable. (Note: Some of these requirements will change as time goes on. Ex: Guild Discord server.)
      How to Join
      Please sign up on our guild website at:
      www.salvationcc.guildlaunch.com Want to reach me in game? On Discord? Questions or concerns? Hit me up at:
      Battletag: Zanngetsu#1255 Discord: Tankstâ2329  
    • By Dredd
      <Return With Honor> PvP/PvE[9/9] looking to recruit new members. For guild information such as raid times and guild activities or to simply apply please visit at returnwithhonor.shivtr.com

Who Are We?
      Established in Tichondrius during WoD expansion, Return With Honor is a guild lead by military veterans who are also veteran players of World of Warcraft. We offer great conversations, crude humor, active guild environment, and a home for individuals looking to be apart of a tight nit group. We also have a guild point system used by our members to earn great prizes from the WoW Shop, BOE items(xmog gear, pets, mounts, etc) and game time. These points can be earned by staying active on our guild website, volunteering to assist the guild, and being involved in any guild groups. 

RAID SCHEDULE Alternating raid weeks Tues, Friday, Sunday and Wed, Thu, Mon: 1800-2000 EST. We expect everyone to be prepared and ready to go 15 minutes before raid time (1745 EST) to start pulls at 1800 EST. We get Saturdays off every week.
      http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/...urn+With+Honor

RATED BATTLEGROUNDS The RBG schedule varies on a week by week basis. Multiple groups will be formed to accommodate mostly everyone.
      Guild Events Guild Events are held every week with prizes for members to earn like high ilvl BOE gear, gold, pets, and mounts.

If interested please contact Hoodxd or myself(Dreddmourne) by in-game message or mail Contact me at #ActionJack11202
    • By Athlios
      Guild Information:
      Guild name: Gordian Knot
      Faction: Horde
      Realm: Draenor (EU)
      Realm Type: Normal - PVE
      Current progress: ToS 8/9H, NH 6/10M, ToV 2/3M
      Raid days: Wednesday, Sunday, Monday
      Raid times: 20.00-23.00 CET
      (Full application details on website)
      Recruiting for Heroic and Mythic Raiding:
      High:
      Death Knight: All specs Druid: Balance & Feral Rogue: All specs Priest: Shadow Warlock: All specs Medium:
      Demon Hunter: Vengeance Mage: All specs Monk: Windwalker Paladin: Protection & Retribution Shaman: Elemental Warrior: Protection Low:
      Priest: Discipline These are our open spots at the moment, however, we are always interested in any player that is highly skilled, knowledgeable with their class and has positive and friendly attitude.
      Also, in order to be able to join our main team straight away, you need to meet the requirements for our current progress, which are around 910 item level equiped and around 57+ traits on your weapon.
      Any social and friendly person who wants to join us for kicks and giggles is welcome. Just poke any of our officers online and you will get an invite for a social spot (no raiding spot).
      About us:
      Gordian Knot is a 20-man semi-hardcore raiding guild that consists of experienced raiders with some of them having raiding experience as far back as Vanilla.
      We are a friendly group who enjoys World of Warcraft and loves raiding. We have fun and joke around but when bosses need to go down then all is serious! We wish for all our members to enjoy the game as much as we do and we expect raiders to maintain a 70% attendance per month.
      We also enjoy a variety of other activities such as running a lot of Mythic+ dungeons doing alt-runs, achievement runs etc.
      There are a few things we hold in high value but above else we value friendliness and politeness towards guildies and other players and skillfulness when it comes to the more serious parts of the game.
      Currently :
      We raid 3 nights a week, Wednesdays, Sundays and Mondays, from 20:00 till 23:00 server time.
      Although we are a 20-man guild, we usually run an extra group in order to get more people to experience the joys of raiding, help new raiders learn the Knot's way to down bosses and gearing up. Usually, these runs happen on Thursdays. Also, every Friday and sometimes Saturdays too, we're on RBGs killing alliance scums!
      Saturdays are generally left for those RBGs or older content runs for fun and drinking!
      Our current guild progress is 8/9 on Tomb of Sargeras heroic, and we're focusing on getting to Mythic Mode as soon as possible and our aim is to get Cutting Edge for this patch!
      If you're interested in joining Gordian Knot, please fill in our application form, located at http://gordian-knot.eu/apply/, alternatively please whisper one of our officers:
      Jenquai - Athlios#2283
      Leleko - Leleko#2235
      Narweena - Sephyra#2517
      or contact me on discord Athlios#0153
      PS. We're always open to group applications or guild merging discussions.
      We are also open and welcome social applications.
    • By chizuko
      Recruitment is currently OPEN. We're looking for dps!

The Shadowstalkers are looking for dedicated members to join our raid team!

We are a raiding guild with a long history on Argent Dawn, We are currently seeking new raiders to help us push our progression and aim to raise our rank as high as we can!

Current progression is 1/9 mythic Tomb of Sargeras
      9/9 heroic Tomb of Sargeras
      8/10 mythic Nighthold
      7/7 mythic Emerald Nightmare
      3/3 mythic Trial of Valor

About your trial:

-Minimum 900 average ilevel required!

- You will remain a trialist for around two raid lockouts to allow us to get a feel for you as a player and see how you fit and preform.

- We want trialists to join the guild during their trial period to see how they fit socially as this is an important part of our guild.

About our raids:

- We raid Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday 19:50 until 23:00 server time.

- We expect raiders to maintain good attendance.

- We expect raiders to keep us informed if they can't attend a raid.

- All raiders must be willing to use voice chat and speak English.

-All our raids are logged on Warcraft Logs (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/3311) should you wish to find more information about us.

Please visit http://shadowstalkers-alliance.enjin.com/ for more information and to check out our current class needs . Click the recruitment tab at the top to apply.

If you would like to discuss the guild further please poke Hucknell or any of the other officers in-game who will be glad to chat!

Feel free to add my battletag for a chat
      Jacob#21111
    • By Lamuria
      Hello, we are <No Carries>. Based on Area 52 we're a semi-hardcore guild looking for good players to progress through Heroic Tomb of Sargeras. We are formed from people who have made 7/7M EN 3/3M ToV and 8/10M NH we wanted a different raid environment and formed a new guild as a result. The plan is to move onto Mythic once we have established a team of 20 good players.

Raid Days (Times are server time EST):
      Sunday: 8 pm - 11 pm
      Monday: 8 pm - 11 pm
      (Optional Farm / Trial Night) Wednesday 7 pm - 9 pm

Current Recruitment needs: Balance Chicken, Shadow Priest, Elemental or Enhancement Shaman, DPS Death Knight

Required Raid Addons:
      Deadly Boss Mods
      Exorsus Raid tools
      RCloot Council
      Weak Auras 2

We expect you to come prepared to raids with food, flasks, etc. We would like to keep downtime to a minimum as we only raid 6 hours a week, so we expect everyone to come knowing the basic mechanics for bosses and stay focused during raid time. Loot will be distributed via loot council and will be based on whoever can get the most out of a piece.

We are willing to trial any good player. We have a 3-week trial process during which you are reviewed. Please feel free to speak up in discord as well. Comments, questions, chatting, etc. We want to get to know you as a more than just random <insert class here> person.

Add Lamuria#11827 or Alöra#1207 for any questions regarding recruitment.