FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Trecko

Ancient teaching of monastery OP?

Hey!

Am I do only one who thinks that Ancient teaching of monastery is OP as hell?

https://www.wowhead.com/spell=126890/ancient-teachings-of-the-monastery

I thought first it gives a buff, which modify your next fist attack, but now I realized it gives a buff for the next 15 sec. So its kind of a Way of Crane. Like forever, because you can cast an Essence Font every 15 sec. 

So it's like:

1. Choose Rising Mist talent

2. Cast Essence Font (and maybe a Renewing Mist)

3. Spam fistweaving for 15 sec 

4. Repeat step 2-4. 

I choosen Kyrian as covenant but now I think I will change to something else, because why would I need the mastery buff, if I fistweave all the time. Maybe swap to Venthyr's Fallen Order?

What's your opinion?

• Like 1

On 12/5/2020 at 9:21 AM, Trecko said:

Hey!

Am I do only one who thinks that Ancient teaching of monastery is OP as hell?

https://www.wowhead.com/spell=126890/ancient-teachings-of-the-monastery

I thought first it gives a buff, which modify your next fist attack, but now I realized it gives a buff for the next 15 sec. So its kind of a Way of Crane. Like forever, because you can cast an Essence Font every 15 sec. 

So it's like:

1. Choose Rising Mist talent

2. Cast Essence Font (and maybe a Renewing Mist)

3. Spam fistweaving for 15 sec 

4. Repeat step 2-4. 

I choosen Kyrian as covenant but now I think I will change to something else, because why would I need the mastery buff, if I fistweave all the time. Maybe swap to Venthyr's Fallen Order?

What's your opinion?

I think that too! The problem Is that the overall healing Is nota that big. When you play lower keys and thorghast maybe ancient teachings of monastero Is enough, but in High keys this buff Is not enough..it's very situational. The class of tank you are healing changes things so much, too.

One thing i must admit. This legendary Is soooooo much fin to play..i played monk during all bfa, but right now With this legendary i'm enjoing mm playstyle so much

You just have to prioritize different stats. Drop mastery and go Crit - Vers - Haste. Go RJW. People stack on you for heals. You have a 15 yard range. I'm top heals H CN but Mythic+s depend on the comp. Melee dps helps. Toss a renewing mist out, essence font, tiger palm, rising sun kick, tiger palm x2, then blackout kick. Can prolly get another rotation at least before another essence font and repeat. This uses Ancient teachings of the monastery passive ability with Rising mists. RJW on cooldown. I'm nightfae so Faeline stomp is nice