FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Deamux

Demo on farm

Good morning Icy Veins (at least its morning overe here :D)

Recently the guild had to reform the raiding team, 2 officers have quit (1 tank and 1 DPS, also the raidleader). So we are running normals again to gear up new recruits. We wanted to only recruit geared ppl first, but that didn't work on our realm :(.

Anyway so we are doing normals now, I used to do them as affliction with decent results. But I dont really enjoy affli that much, So I'll try them as Demo now :) 

So Demo on farms, And I have some questions;

1. The opener; 

Pre-pot & precast Soul Fire

Curse

GoServ

Corruption

Felstorm

HoG

DS

Shadow bolt

HoG

Meta

Doom

And then Soulfire until out of fury/procs. Most of the times I drop out of Meta fast, then I have to cast shadowbolt to get fury back and pop back into Meta. That feels bad :(

2. IF PBI procs and the 2p set bonus does, is it worth it double casting Doom then?

3. I also could use some guidance on when to use molten core procs, In theory you should only use those in meta, but I feel like I have too little fury to do that. So i'm using some in caster form. Is that a mistake or?

4. Macro's

When playing Destro I only use 1 macro, that's a havoc one. I dont feel I need any more (Razer Naga helps a ton! <3). But when I play Demo I dont use any. Are there any Demo Macro's that are as helpfull as the havoc one for destro?

I know I still have LOADS to learn about Demo but i'm in no rush. I'll get there, one day, thanks to you all! =D

Hi! OMW to breakfast so giving a quick answer.

Make sure you read Zag's guide here on demo - it should explain at least a bit to you. Read some of the other threads that have been made on demo recently as well.

I'm on my phone on the train so my answer will be short.

If you feel fury starved then reforge to more haste. Losing mastery reduces burst AoE but gives you more fury and MC procs to play with.

I recommend macroing Grimoire: Felguard into Dark Soul. GoServ and GoSup are close on paper but I find the extra fury gen from service helps a lot in cooldown windows. Especially on the pull. Same reason I take imp swarm glyph.

I'm on my phone on the train so my answer will be short.

If you feel fury starved then reforge to more haste. Losing mastery reduces burst AoE but gives you more fury and MC procs to play with.

I recommend macroing Grimoire: Felguard into Dark Soul. GoServ and GoSup are close on paper but I find the extra fury gen from service helps a lot in cooldown windows. Especially on the pull. Same reason I take imp swarm glyph.

Okay more haste it is then biggrin.png I'm currently sitting on 10.5k unbuffed haste.Isn't imp swarm a dps-loss in general? Anyway thx for the fast replies, dont feel like this is urgent, btw biggrin.png

Oh and btw, do I assume I should be using Imp Swarm on CD then or, stacking it with DS?

Hi! OMW to breakfast so giving a quick answer.

Make sure you read Zag's guide here on demo - it should explain at least a bit to you. Read some of the other threads that have been made on demo recently as well.

I've read the guide, and other stuff tought i didn't read all the replies, which often hold a ton of usefull stuff. That'll be for some other time, im' just gonna give it a few goes and see where I end up.biggrin.png

Edited by Deamux

Imp Swarm is a dps loss on paper yes. Simcraft APL for Demonology isn't very good, however.

Zagam made a great post a few weeks back about only using Imp Swarm on the pull, and then again whenever you have a haste proc. You end up with a similar amount of imps generated throughout the fight, however get the added burst/fury on the pull which is invaluable.

• Like 1