FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Reduced Loot Quantities in Shadowlands: Yay or Nay?

I can understand the lower loot drops but seriously does a bag really have to be on the loot table in raid, friend got it the other day after clearing it since start as his first drop and to say he was pissed well.

On 12/28/2020 at 11:08 PM, Hypersonic said:

The changes are absolutely pain in the *filtered* if you are a working man and have only few hours (or even less) to play per day. 

I understand someone love that feeling if get something after lof of suffering but I don't. Do 4-5 (or more) dungeons without even see a piece of loot and suffer in M+ for that 35 Anima is ridiculous. If you have only this small amount of time to play you want at least some reward but the system only punish you and force to play more and more.. but you already paid for it and don't want to be forced to even play more with it. I don't understand the thinking behind this changes at all. And even slow down the gearing alternative specializations or make an alt characters to be able discover for example other covenants. 

Overall I absolutely hate this new changes in the loot drop chance. Removing TF and WF was a good move but the rest... mehh...

I agree partly but the "I paid for it" I can't follow. You paid to play and you can play ad much as you like within the terms. 

How does this entitle you to loot? Loot is reward for skill and time, not money (thank god) 

The raid drop is f up.

I'm an adult with a demanding job. I'm casual. I play with a casual guild, they also all are adult with jobs.

Over the course of 2 week we downed 3 boss the first week and 6 the next. That means i'm at 9 boss killed, i havent got a single loot. Some guild member were lucky and had 2 drop, most of us haven't seen one. So far i have done four full evening of raid boss to do those 9 raid boss. That's 16 hour of gameplay for no reward. That's a little bit frustrating to say the least.

Edited by Lockbaal
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/29/2020 at 2:55 PM, Ragingwolf said:

I say nay to your response due to the fact that pug groups are now requiring ilvl over 200 and a io of over 900+ to run keys Level 9-11+.  When you farm constantly for any type of upgrade that won't drag your secondary stats down to hinder your dps it becomes a nuisance.  And when you run close to 20 keys per week and only gotten Anima power that is not 'self progress' for self improvement or 'rewarding' to say the least.  I'm not a shabby player when it comes to Tanking or DPS and I'm not lazy, mediocre/weak when I perform the role I play in for keys.  And I work hard and learn on navigating the Dungeons for timing, with completion being secondary unless the group falls apart.  And when you get pm's ingame asking why you are not pushing 10's and higher yet and your response is lack of gear it's a bit nerve wracking.

Pending on Covenant you chose the time gating factor limits progress.  I say this that some Soulbinds like the Nightfae have access to the secondary potency slot a lot sooner than that of Kyrian.  Pelagos you have to wait till Renown 21 before access and Kleia will have an open pathway for another Endurance slot starting today.

'Get better or wait?', if you think that justifies me running and timing 30 Mythic+ of level 8 or higher for one possible upgrade I say nay.  Get better?  Hell I'm pushing more than I can say for my own Guildies as  DH with dual Spec while pugging myself for increased difficult keys. Wait for the gear?  No, not when my goal is to work and complete 15's on time for the Achievement and mount before Season 1 ends.

OK here a few problems with what you have said.

1. Pug groups require High IL and IO - You are correct HOWEVER the topic isn't about how terrible the community is with how they handle keys. It's about how much loot drops. Yes they are interlinked but you can just make your own M+ with your own key. Possibly Join a guild that is planning to push M+.

2. You said secondary stats to hinder dps? The vast majority of time Primary stat is stronger than secondary stat at High IL unless you are planning to PVP.

3.  If you have run 30 keys and only gotten Anima (assuming you timed them all) then you are a statistical anomaly. 2/5 chance to get loot per dungeon. I'm not sure what the maths is but bby those odds you should get roughly 1 bit of gear every 3 dungeons. if you are unlucky 1 bit of gear every 6 dungeons but 30 and nothing? Unlikely.

4. If you are playing DH tank in M+ you are getting a free pass. By far the strongest M+ tank class.

5. If your goal is to complete 15s this early into an expac with low gear rate you might need to reconsider how you are going about things. See option 1.

Link your char and I will assess you if you want. Perhaps provide some insight as to why people may not invite you.

On 12/29/2020 at 7:53 AM, Hypersonic said:

That is not alt-friendly if you need to do 10 dungeons for 1 loot. I can't even gear my main. 

...that one very specific item isn't.

There is no AP grinding, which was far and wide the biggest peeve of every player for the last two expansions. 

2 hours ago, calledyouout said:

OK here a few problems with what you have said.

1. Pug groups require High IL and IO - You are correct HOWEVER the topic isn't about how terrible the community is with how they handle keys. It's about how much loot drops. Yes they are interlinked but you can just make your own M+ with your own key. Possibly Join a guild that is planning to push M+.

2. You said secondary stats to hinder dps? The vast majority of time Primary stat is stronger than secondary stat at High IL unless you are planning to PVP.

3.  If you have run 30 keys and only gotten Anima (assuming you timed them all) then you are a statistical anomaly. 2/5 chance to get loot per dungeon. I'm not sure what the maths is but bby those odds you should get roughly 1 bit of gear every 3 dungeons. if you are unlucky 1 bit of gear every 6 dungeons but 30 and nothing? Unlikely.

4. If you are playing DH tank in M+ you are getting a free pass. By far the strongest M+ tank class.

5. If your goal is to complete 15s this early into an expac with low gear rate you might need to reconsider how you are going about things. See option 1.

Link your char and I will assess you if you want. Perhaps provide some insight as to why people may not invite you.

1) Have you ever worked with less than 5% Haste as a melee DPS?  Or as a Tank?  I have and I highly recommend NOT to do that by taking 'everything' based on main stats alone.  Main stats like Agility will only go so far when gear is less than a 5% of a possible upgrade unless that piece of gear is of better ilvl 10 levels and greater.  I've been using Raidbots and AskMrRobot and compared data via sims, looked at rotation similarities, and even compared talent choices for pure single target DPS as Havoc.  And to test I spend 10-30 minutes or more on a Training Dummy to see how accurate the sim testing is (I'll run 5 tests per site and calculate an average/median).  Changing to more Mastery pieces has hindered DPS as Havoc 500-2k+ difference with selected Talents for single target output.  Haste/Versatility still trumps this at this time for Season 1.  I don't see Mastery being beneficial for Havoc till possibly later through the expansion with better gear options available and or a multi target talent rotation w/o an AoE cap in place. (Don't believe Demonic is ever going to be a lesser option on our final talent row) The Trail of Ruin talent which was generally used for single target dps for Tyrannical weeks/Raid, use to be a bleed dot till SL changed it to Chaos Dmg.  Compared to the old BFA talent selection I was doing less dmg till I opted out for Glaive Tempest and Cycle of Hatred.  And Vengeance now shares the same stat priority as Havoc.

2) I don't pug myself in keys as Vengeance-just for Battlenet friends and Guildies.  

3) The goal is to quickly work, assimilate, acclimate and work on completing, timing, and to the point of 2-3 chesting Lv.10 keys before the start of Season 2.  And not waste limited time to where I can't eventually start progressing on the more difficult keys 11-15 before the season starts to end.  

4) When you are using the Legendary pants (Tank) for stats (haste/versatility) for DPS and the dungeons decide to reward you pants with lesser stats or wrong stat priority then it becomes an issue specially when you ran the same dungeon more than 5x or more that week alone and try to get either a ring/trinket upgrade.  I have seen more pants and other items with Mastery/Crit drop more often in my runs during the 2nd and 3rd week when the season started instead of Rings, Trinkets, and or Head pieces.  I broke down and bought a BoE Ring to help with my Haste %.  And it was a big difference that I saw overall when I had to switch specs back and forth with an increase in my overall dmg output.

6) This system is far from being any form of 'meaningful' progression when items are based on poor/broken RNG system.  The only ones that have a better shot at gear and a 'meaningful' progression are the PvP'ers with the new Conquest system in place.  Where they can eventually buy/upgrade gear at a steady rate.  I would honestly love a similar Conquest system in place for PvE where if I see the same bloody pants drop again I can just go to a Vendor, with a saved up currency, and buy a different piece of armor instead and not feel agitated from running dungeons all week long. 

5) Even with the Vault choices are very 'lack luster' with items you really have no need for and are technically not an upgrade for either spec.  Meanwhile you still rock out that ilvl184 trinket again for another week or more.

On a side note I've been finding more and more players that 'bought' their runs and have zero clue whatsoever on how to work the affixes and how a keystone actually works.  One week I pugged where a MM hunter left the group and the Warlock literally thought we can stop and summon another person into the dungeon and continue the run.   Just the other day I attempted a +9 Necrotic Wake, as dps, and the Paladin Tank from Azralon (which was their key) could not comprehend what Necrotic does and instantly racked up 52 stacks.  Did not kite.  Screamed at the Shaman healer for not dispelling them and ran out the dungeon door.

21 hours ago, Ragingwolf said:

1) Have you ever worked with less than 5% Haste as a melee DPS?  Or as a Tank?  I have and I highly recommend NOT to do that by taking 'everything' based on main stats alone.  Main stats like Agility will only go so far when gear is less than a 5% of a possible upgrade unless that piece of gear is of better ilvl 10 levels and greater.  I've been using Raidbots and AskMrRobot and compared data via sims, looked at rotation similarities, and even compared talent choices for pure single target DPS as Havoc.  And to test I spend 10-30 minutes or more on a Training Dummy to see how accurate the sim testing is (I'll run 5 tests per site and calculate an average/median).  Changing to more Mastery pieces has hindered DPS as Havoc 500-2k+ difference with selected Talents for single target output.  Haste/Versatility still trumps this at this time for Season 1.  I don't see Mastery being beneficial for Havoc till possibly later through the expansion with better gear options available and or a multi target talent rotation w/o an AoE cap in place. (Don't believe Demonic is ever going to be a lesser option on our final talent row) The Trail of Ruin talent which was generally used for single target dps for Tyrannical weeks/Raid, use to be a bleed dot till SL changed it to Chaos Dmg.  Compared to the old BFA talent selection I was doing less dmg till I opted out for Glaive Tempest and Cycle of Hatred.  And Vengeance now shares the same stat priority as Havoc.

2) I don't pug myself in keys as Vengeance-just for Battlenet friends and Guildies.  

3) The goal is to quickly work, assimilate, acclimate and work on completing, timing, and to the point of 2-3 chesting Lv.10 keys before the start of Season 2.  And not waste limited time to where I can't eventually start progressing on the more difficult keys 11-15 before the season starts to end.  

4) When you are using the Legendary pants (Tank) for stats (haste/versatility) for DPS and the dungeons decide to reward you pants with lesser stats or wrong stat priority then it becomes an issue specially when you ran the same dungeon more than 5x or more that week alone and try to get either a ring/trinket upgrade.  I have seen more pants and other items with Mastery/Crit drop more often in my runs during the 2nd and 3rd week when the season started instead of Rings, Trinkets, and or Head pieces.  I broke down and bought a BoE Ring to help with my Haste %.  And it was a big difference that I saw overall when I had to switch specs back and forth with an increase in my overall dmg output.

6) This system is far from being any form of 'meaningful' progression when items are based on poor/broken RNG system.  The only ones that have a better shot at gear and a 'meaningful' progression are the PvP'ers with the new Conquest system in place.  Where they can eventually buy/upgrade gear at a steady rate.  I would honestly love a similar Conquest system in place for PvE where if I see the same bloody pants drop again I can just go to a Vendor, with a saved up currency, and buy a different piece of armor instead and not feel agitated from running dungeons all week long. 

5) Even with the Vault choices are very 'lack luster' with items you really have no need for and are technically not an upgrade for either spec.  Meanwhile you still rock out that ilvl184 trinket again for another week or more.

On a side note I've been finding more and more players that 'bought' their runs and have zero clue whatsoever on how to work the affixes and how a keystone actually works.  One week I pugged where a MM hunter left the group and the Warlock literally thought we can stop and summon another person into the dungeon and continue the run.   Just the other day I attempted a +9 Necrotic Wake, as dps, and the Paladin Tank from Azralon (which was their key) could not comprehend what Necrotic does and instantly racked up 52 stacks.  Did not kite.  Screamed at the Shaman healer for not dispelling them and ran out the dungeon door.

Whats your Character name? Link me to your armory. 

1 hour ago, calledyouout said:

Sure when I get home from work I will show you; did get lucky last night to get the Trinket off of Sludgefist so that helps alot.  While we are at it would you like to show me one of your characters?  I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Quoting Asmongold here, but getting loot, is fun and motivating. Granted once you hit your peak with current loot you tend to fall off the track until new raid content comes out, but speaking as a casual raider, I hate the vault loot system. My guild is just now getting enough of a consistant group together to start pushing heroic Nathria, and we're reliably clearing normal now, but the vault loot has been awful, 9 times out of 10 I've taken the M+ option over the Raid option, the 1 time out of 10 the M+ option gave me a piece of loot that was slotted for that character's legendary.

And I'm not even going to talk about M+ loot feeling horrible, 2 out of 5 people getting gear from the timer being met is less than half the group, in content that features massive class/spec bias to the point where some people won't invite certain classes/specs just because they do the job of others worse. Finding groups on my Spriest particularly has been a challenge because it seems most groups lack the short cooldown interrupt classes, so typically I run at least one 7 or higher a week and then not even bother to run them anymore because of how difficult it is to get invited anymore. Not to mention the Raider IO plebs that hold that number as gospel so even if you are a good player, if that number is low you're dogs**t to them.

Not happy with this expansion...not enough loot to make me want to do dungeons and especially Torgast...its a joke to spend hours doing it then get some ash, and don't get me started on twisting corridors, did it once to 18 then stopped that crap.  Sorry but honestly at this point just waiting for another game to come out and save me from the boredom and grind of Shadowlands,  one of the worst WOW expansions to date (and I have played since beta).  Hope they fix it...but at this point not sure I even care anymore.

On 2/1/2021 at 3:14 PM, Kilbane said:

Not happy with this expansion...not enough loot to make me want to do dungeons and especially Torgast...its a joke to spend hours doing it then get some ash, and don't get me started on twisting corridors, did it once to 18 then stopped that crap.  Sorry but honestly at this point just waiting for another game to come out and save me from the boredom and grind of Shadowlands,  one of the worst WOW expansions to date (and I have played since beta).  Hope they fix it...but at this point not sure I even care anymore.

You have been playing since beta and it takes you a few hours to Torghast 7 weeks into the game? I think you are doing something very very wrong.

I don't think it ever took me more than 40 mins. And that was when I was IL 190

*filtered* drops, every week its guaranteed Ill get either a ring or a wrist, both slots I already have, blizz and the lame loot system repeatedly keeps giving me the same drops week after week. Ive lost track of the number of times I took the stygia.

Garbage loot system, to go with a garbage expansion, With the least amount of content Ive seen in my 13 years plus playing.

Now blizz is re- releasing old content, because their developers have no clue, or any original ideas.

M+ are already boring IMHO, and to think theres 2 more years of this *filtered* and maybe a patch before years end, and the next expansion which no doubt will have even more recycled content

On 1/5/2021 at 12:12 PM, calledyouout said:

Does it even matter?

Russians on stormrage will carry you for lots of US $$$$$, and spam your mailbox daily with their offers for real money?

Complain to blizz like I did gets you no where, In all my years playing a GM has NOT solved a single one of my complaints, I am still seeing issues with mission tables I reported 6 years ago, as one prime example. since China and Russians are making a living of US players, with blizzs full support

Edited by marky
get my point across, about your pathetic loot system

On 5/11/2021 at 11:05 PM, marky said:

Does it even matter?

Russians on stormrage will carry you for lots of US $$$$$, and spam your mailbox daily with their offers for real money?

Complain to blizz like I did gets you no where, In all my years playing a GM has NOT solved a single one of my complaints, I am still seeing issues with mission tables I reported 6 years ago, as one prime example. since China and Russians are making a living of US players, with blizzs full support

Seems pretty salty, whats your char?

I agree completely about pathetic drop rates.

I've been grinding M+ since Dec last year, And I have only 2 pieces equipped on my main and that is I got in all that time from this VERY SAD expansion, aND THIS IS between drops and the really PATHETIC Vault Drops.

4 weeks straight I had to take stygia, because lame blizzard gave me the exact same ring three weeks in a row.

Any wonder their subscriber base has millions of people leaving the gamE, ( I am also done )

This is the WORST EXPANSION OF ALL. NEARLY A YEAR OF THIS *filtered*, AND STILL NO NEW CONTENT.

EXAMPLE OF HOW PATHETIC BLIZZ IS, AND HOW THEY LACK ANY ORIGINAL THOUGHT, DOING RE- RUNS OLD EXPANSIONS.

i AM DONE WITH THIS PATHETIC GAME. THERE IS NO MOTIVATION TO PLAY, WHEN THERES NOTHING TO DO, AND YOU DONT EVEN GET ANYTHING TO DROP. I STOPPED RAIDING CN, IT REALLY SUCK TO SPEND 3 HOURS RADING EVERY WEEK AND GET NOTHING AS FAR AS DROPS GO

getting THE EXACT SAME THING THAT i ALREADY HAVE EQUIPPED 4 WEEKS IN A ROW FROM MY VAULT IS REALLY PATHETIC, ,IM DONE

BYE BYE BLIZZ, IT USED TO BE FUN YEARS AGO

Edited by marky