Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PerfectDefect

How many % of SIM-dps should i do?

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I've been a frequent reader of this forum and i love the discussions and answers that are given. Since i have only played WoW for a year i havn't felt experienced enough to be a part of the forum, but now i have a question of my own.

Now to my question/problem. My SIM-dps is about 362k but i'm usually doing around 300k, which is far less then my SIM-dps. How bad is that? And how much can my fellow raiders expect from me?

On HC Malkorok which is almost only single target, i do around 300k, on HC protectors, i do around 300k and now last we are doing HC spoils and i'm around 300k.

My own opinion is that with more then one target i should be over my SIM-dps.

Second question, is there a good macro to use in the start of a fight? I usually prepot, RoF to get the procs, dark soul, synapse (engineering tinker), doomguard, Immolate, conflagrate, 3x incinerate and get out 2 CB:s before my prepot runs out.

But just to cast my 2 cd:s, doomguard and immolate takes a few seconds even if they are instant. Am i doing something wrong? And some say the doomguard have the stats i have when i cast it during the whole time he is active, some say it changes if my cd:s run out. What is the correct way of using him?

I'm rhankful of any answer :)

Post your logs.  Can't help you if we don't see what you're REALLY doing despite you saying you do it all well.

% of Simcraft DPS is a pretty terrible way to analyze your DPS.  Simcraft models single target, zero interference DPS of which exists zero times in Siege of Orgrimmar.  It's also possible to beat the Simcraft DPS, so the scale is meaningless.  A good value of DPS to be at can be found at Raidbots where you can see your DPS compared to others as a percentile. 

Rain of Fire shouldn't be in your opener unless there are multiple targets to hit.  It's too valuable of a GCD at the start when most procs are live.  Your prepot should last 22-24 seconds into combat and should be the last thing wearing off.  You want 2 CBs in the first 10 seconds which sounds difficult to do with the plethora of spells you're using including Doomguard.  The difference in using him at the start of battle, middle, or end of battle is less than half of a good Chaos Bolt.  His usage is rather flexible and you shouldn't fret using him at the start especially at the cost of a Chaos Bolt in the first 10 seconds.

1 person likes this

What Zag said.

SimC is 5 kinds of useless for warlocks right now.

A note with RaidBots, you need to be uploading to worldoflogs.com for it to track and even then it will sometimes not track it right, but this is a uncommon bug so it shouldn't be to much of a worry.

When you post logs, please use warcraftlogs.com

My logs are to messed up for now and i know of many things that can be much better so logs won't be linked for the time being sorry =/ when i have cleaned it all upp a bit i will post them but that can take a few weeks. I have only been raiding on HC for 8 weeks and still trying to master the mechanics.

Mkay then, i will take RoF out of the opening, only used it to get the procs to get as much of my two first CB:s as possible. But still when i reach a total damage of 10m on a fight, all the other dps are ahead of me by so much as 7m so i think there is a lot in my opening that i miss.

Checked raidbots and wow, basically i suck :)

Thanks for the answer Master, much appreciated :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mike14107
      1. Times available & time zone:
      <The Mafia> Raids Tuesday/Thursday from 6pm-9pm PST.  We also run alt/non-raider raids on Wednesdays that are optional for everyone from 6pm-9pm PST.
      2. Server preference:
      <The Mafia> is a day one HORDE FROSTWOLF guild. Frostwolf is a medium pop PvP joint server with Vashj.
      3. Hardcore/semi-hardcore/casual:
      <The Mafia> is a semi-hardcore PvE progression guild. We just started Mythic raiding at the tail end of 7.1.  We raid ~6 hours a week UNLESS in a rare circumstance we are close to killing a boss and everyone wants to schedule an additional raid day or stay 30min to an hour after scheduled raid times.
      5. Current progression/experience:
      <The Mafia> is 7/7 M EN, 3/3 H ToV, 10/10H NH and 1/10 M NH.
      6. Recent logs (if available):
      If you want to look at our current logs to see what kind of players we currently have you can find us @ https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/22446
      7. Contact info:
      Feel free to add me @ Mike#14107
      8. Anything else:
      <The Mafia> is a super friendly day one Frostwolf guild.  Our primary objective is to have fun in an environment that is as stress free as possible.  Our goal isn’t to be a top 200 US guild, but instead to clear the content before the next set of content is released.  Not saying we wouldn’t be able to get there, we just don’t have the top 100 guild pressure environment others do.  We have some really skilled players and are looking for a few more to round out our Mythic raiding team.  Please contact me with logs if interested.  Thanks!
    • By Violentravi
      Hello,
      Adelante is currently recruiting DPS & Heals, however, all competent players will be considered.  We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 1/10M NH, 10/10H NH 6/7M EN and 3/3H TOV.  As far as classes go we do not have a Moonkin, Mage, Feral Druid, or any type of Monk. We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 7:00 PM until 11:00 PM Eastern.  Thursday is not considered a raid night, but we will often clear Heroic and Normal on this evening for AP and it is not required. We are pushing progression on Il'gynoth, and look forward to finishing off EN then moving on to Nighthold, we will be intermittently working on Mythic TOV.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that, if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated.  In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
      If you are interested, please PM me (violentravi#1826) or recruiting officer Sepsis (tuxedomask#1712) in game.  However, if you have time (which goes a long way) for us to give you a real evaluation there is a short forum to fill out linked on our discord: https://discord.gg/JMVuYRW

Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho & the Guild
    • By MayorMayo
      Howdy howdy!

Requisite armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aggramar/Mayo/simple Requisite most recent parse: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/93755/latest Am I following the Icy Veins rotation? Yup, for the most part, unless I have a brain fart. With that out of the way, I want to start by saying that I’m not unsatisfied by my DPS, but I know that I can do more / do better. 
      I’ve got two of the best legendaries (Ashes to Dust & Chain of Thrayn), two of what I think are the best trinkets. I’ve got the Claw of the Crystalline Scorpid (880) and the Entwined Elemental Foci (890) but don’t use them currently because my sims are showing Convergence of Fates (895) & Might of Krosus (895) being ~7-10k higher, but I’m very open to hearing if maybe the sims aren’t as accurate as I’d like to think they are.
      I’m just... stuck on how to get there. I was hoping that I could get some sage advice from other paladins in here.
      All of your thoughts are most appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Mayo 
    • By Bowers2194
      <Mors Certa>
      Sargeras (PvP-CST)
      Chicago Datacenter
      www.morscerta.com

About Us
      We’re a Mythic raiding guild of close friends looking to meet new people and have fun, all while progressing at a steady pace.
      We offer a competitive raiding atmosphere on a very minimal schedule.  Raiding only 9 hours a week and being competitive is a tough task, so we want people who are not only reliable, but know how to make the most of a short period of time.
      Past progression included pre-patch kill of Mu’ru, Kil’jaeden, Yogg-Saron (0 Light), Algalon, Anub-arak, Lich King, Cho’gall, Sinestra, Deathwing, Lei Shen, Ra-den, and Garrosh.

Raid Times
      Tuesday-Thursday 10PM-1AM CST (server time) or 8-11PM PST. 
      Only NINE hours a week!!!

Progression
      Emerald Nightmare (7/7 Mythic)
      Trial of Valor (3/3 Heroic)
      Nighthold (1/10 Mythic, 10/10 Heroic)

Recruitment Needs
      Healer
      --Druid
      Melee DPS
      --any competitive, high DPS
      Ranged DPS
      --any competitive, high DPS

**All quality players regardless of class will ALWAYS be considered**

What We’re Looking For
      -Be reliable – show up to raids on time on a consistent basis.
      -Understand your class- knowing when to swap to a different talent for a specific fight can often push a raid group over the top. Knowing when to play fire instead of arcane, or survival instead of marks is also a very important quality.  This included all hybrid classes that have damage and healing specs.
      -Experience, skill and gear – We are looking for people wo want to progress seriously and have a capability to play your class to a high level. We expect applicants to have combat logs to prove this as well.
      -Attitude – We have a fairly laid back raid atmosphere, but you must be willing to accept criticism.  If you are told you are messing up repeatedly, it is nothing personal, but we may sit you for the fight to get a kill.
      -Outside raid participation – Artifact power and legendries are two systems put in place in Legion that have an impact on raiding.  We are looking for raiders that perform their own player progression outside of raids (mythic+, artifact power farming, etc.) We do not require our raiders to be at 54 traits, but each raider must actively pursue this goal. 
      -Having an alt is a bonus, but by no means required.

What We Offer
      -A competitive raid environment
      -A stable guild that has existed for many years
      -Other friendly players with multiple classes to socialize and play with

Contact Info
      If any of this interests you at all, please feel free to contact us in game or on our website.
      We DO NOT do formal applications. After an interview on Discord, we will set you up with a try out during our farm run.  In the end, it’s your play that should decide whether you get into the guild or not. 
      www.morscerta.com (most website purposes are now run through our Discord)
      Battle tags: chimi#1777, chomp#1748 or chrisbowers#1297
    • By Avayl
      Hey guys, we're a newly formed guild on Stormrage alliance. Most of our leadership transferred over here from a heavy progression mythic guild just to run something a bit more casual and be a part of something a bit less dramatic. Although we're quite laid back we will still be looking to progress quickly through normal, heroic, and later on mythic NH. Not a super hard push, more about having fun and killing bosses than world/server firsts. That said we do still expect you to be prepared, on time, and skilled at your class/spec.
      Progression raids are on Saturdays and Sundays, We are looking for 875+. There is also a more casual raid on Fridays that does normal.
      Saturday and Sunday 6pm EST until 10pm EST.
      Friday starts at 10pm EST. 865+
      Class needs:
      Melee DPS - DK, Ret Pally, Warrior, Rogue
      Ranged DPS - Shadow Priest
      Healers - Druid
      Any dps that has an offspec tank is a huge plus!
      We're a tight knit guild and run +'s and Kara all the time. Always have things on calendar and discord is very active.
      If this seems like a good fit for you please contact me here or one of our officers in game.
      Purake- Parker#1401
      Zeraphel (GM)- Yami#11320
      Adorno- Steamsh0vel#1446