FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Loranee

[Enhance] Simulation vs Stat Priority

Hey there!

Just a quick question to whoever understands this more deeply:

Why do simulations OFTEN suggest Critical and even Versatility perform better than Haste, when the stat priority everywhere states Haste is the most valuable stat for Enhancement? Is there some sort of cap that we need to have other secondary stats at before Haste becomes super valuable? I didn't run into this situation in BFA...

Obviously, I'm talking about items with the same item level!

For example, I have two Gloves with the same item level, both with Crit/Haste, one with more Crit, one with more Haste... and the simulations always give me better DPS with more Crit.

Another example: I have two belts with the same item level. One has 60 Ver / 31 Mas, the other has 63 Has / 27 Ver. This should clearly favor the one with Haste, but the sim is slightly better for the other one.

On 1/8/2021 at 12:53 PM, Loranee said:

Hey there!

Just a quick question to whoever understands this more deeply:

Why do simulations OFTEN suggest Critical and even Versatility perform better than Haste, when the stat priority everywhere states Haste is the most valuable stat for Enhancement? Is there some sort of cap that we need to have other secondary stats at before Haste becomes super valuable? I didn't run into this situation in BFA...

Obviously, I'm talking about items with the same item level!

For example, I have two Gloves with the same item level, both with Crit/Haste, one with more Crit, one with more Haste... and the simulations always give me better DPS with more Crit.

Another example: I have two belts with the same item level. One has 60 Ver / 31 Mas, the other has 63 Has / 27 Ver. This should clearly favor the one with Haste, but the sim is slightly better for the other one.

Haste is breakpointy at the moment (particularly caused by Doom Winds) and is also heavily reliant on a balance of other stats - particularly Crit & Vers since Mastery doesn't impact DW windows - to pull from. Right now if you heavily lean toward Haste you're going to see it fall off very hard if you neglect the others, unless you are *just* under a breakpoint. For reference, you can see the way that stat plots look in a balanced build here:

3092d9d876.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wordup said:

Haste is breakpointy at the moment (particularly caused by Doom Winds) and is also heavily reliant on a balance of other stats - particularly Crit & Vers since Mastery doesn't impact DW windows - to pull from. Right now if you heavily lean toward Haste you're going to see it fall off very hard if you neglect the others, unless you are *just* under a breakpoint. For reference, you can see the way that stat plots look in a balanced build here:

3092d9d876.jpg

Thank you for the answer. Yeah, it seems Haste is only a little bit better, and in very low gear, it may even not be better at all, which seems to be my situation. Where did you see this graph, wordup?