FORUMS
Staff

Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes: January 8th

55759-patch-902-hotfixes-january-7th.jpg

More hotfixes! We finally get the Execute/Condemn Warrior issue resolved, the Maw of the Maw gets nerfs, Covenant tweaks including an Ember Court improvement and more!

Blizzard LogoJanuary 8 (source)

Classes

• Warrior
    • Fixed an issue that sometimes caused Condemn (Venthyr Ability) to incorrectly display as Execute when switching into a talent specialization with the Massacre talent chosen.

Covenants

• Kyrian
    • Fixed an issue where players would be unable to see Forgelite Prime Mikanikos during the quest "A Partner for Eternity."
    • Fixed an issue where players could be unable to see enemies during the quest "Compassion, Blade of Humility."
  • Night Fae
    • Fixed an issue with the size of the Podtender (Dreamweaver Soulbind) nameplate when engaged in combat with enemy players.
  • Venthyr
    • [With regional restarts] The Ember Court scenario lockout now occurs when Stage 1 ends or the first surprise event is triggered, whichever occurs first (was at the start of the scenario).
      • Developers’ note: We want to reduce the likelihood that connectivity issues could cause frustrations for players during Ember Court scenario, without encouraging players to replay the scenario repeatedly to get the "perfect" run each week. We hope this hits a nice middle ground, which should allow players experiencing those issues to continue attempting without losing their weekly fun. Party on, dudes.

Creatures and NPCs

• Soured-Flesh Growth is now immune to Control Undead.

Dungeons and Raids

• De Other Side
    • The Manastorms
      • Resolved an issue in where Millhouse and Millificent Manastorm could forget how to fight like the devious masterminds that they truly are.

Items and Rewards

• Reduced the frequency of the dialogue from the Battlecry of Krexus toy.
  • The Rapier of the Fearless treasure now respawns more often.
  • Fixed a number of issues with receiving the pet Dal.

Player versus Player

• Players will now drop PvP flags and Orbs of Power if their Podtender (Dreamweaver Soulbind) is triggered.

Professions

• Reaching Rank 2 of a Legendary specialized armor or jewelry recipe no longer removes the recipe from Favorites and it can once again be favorited.

Torghast, Tower of the Damned

• Fixed a rare issue that could cause Empowered floor guardians to permanently evade.
  • Fixed an issue where the Twisting Corridors reward list would appear duplicated on the Layer selection screen.
  • Enemies
    • Maw of the Maw's health and damage lowered by 10%.
    • Maw of the Maw’s Devour Obleron Armaments cooldown increased to 10 seconds (was 5 seconds) and no longer affects the increased maximum health Anima Power, Obleron Endurance. Maw of the Maw will still return all Obleron Armaments upon leaving combat or dying.

World Quests

• Fixed an issue where players could unintentionally enter the Necrotic Wake dungeon during the world quest "Air Supremacy."

I expected to fix the issue that balance druid's starsure does insane damage. I did like 3 runs where druids were present in my group and they were responsible for more than the 50-60% of the total DPS, while the other 4 people of the group contributed the other 40-50% together.

1 hour ago, Odi said:

I expected to fix the issue that balance druid's starsure does insane damage. I did like 3 runs where druids were present in my group and they were responsible for more than the 50-60% of the total DPS, while the other 4 people of the group contributed the other 40-50% together.

that's freaking insane.

3 hours ago, Odi said:

Runs? Runs of what? I main moonkin an my SS only hits for 1M + in Torghast. I don't see the problem?

4 hours ago, Manbearpig said:

Runs? Runs of what? I main moonkin an my SS only hits for 1M + in Torghast. I don't see the problem?

any suggestions you could give for arena matches against moonkins? i got killed by one in ~2 seconds, i had 21% versatility and couldnt do anything.the moonkin was invis and suddenly showed up behind me and when i saw him i was allrdy dead. he played with a dd monk who just stood behind a pillar and didnt even fought us. that was just 1 game, in other games vs moonkins we dont die instantly like that but we still cant deal with them mostly especially due to the incredible range moonkins have and that it even hits you when you LOS them. my mate is a holy pala and im a mage. thx in advance

Edited by ResoWho

13 hours ago, Manbearpig said:

He's probably referring to Convoke windows in dungeons when they can do upwards of 300k dps with one button in like 5 seconds

On 1/9/2021 at 10:14 AM, Odi said:

My bad guys. I was reading this topic right after the one about Torghast, so I was referring to Torghast being unaware that I wasn't specific about the environment. But at that time I was doing low level corridors. After completing the lvl8 corridor yesterday, tbh that dps is well justified. 
I like the random luck factor of anima powers and the option to stack certain skills to empower effects but some classes feel like lackluster.

Mechanics, that make 70% HP of a mob disappear shouldn't be usable on the rares, empowered mobs, bosses at the end of the levels and the description of the item should properly state that. Although I like Torghast very much and the concept of it,I believe it does need some fine tuning. As a holy priest my strongest tool was PW:S with stacking traits + guardian angel. EG: renew, divine hymn, the PW sanctify and serenity only benefited from passive stats and those are spells that make holy priest unique from the other priests.

Our level8 run took almost 2 hours, and at the end of the run we killed the last boss within 7sec after pull, me as a healer doing 24.5M damage from one spell and the DH finished the boss with another spell.

Edited by Odi

On 1/9/2021 at 6:54 PM, ResoWho said:

any suggestions you could give for arena matches against moonkins? i got killed by one in ~2 seconds, i had 21% versatility and couldnt do anything.the moonkin was invis and suddenly showed up behind me and when i saw him i was allrdy dead. he played with a dd monk who just stood behind a pillar and didnt even fought us. that was just 1 game, in other games vs moonkins we dont die instantly like that but we still cant deal with them mostly especially due to the incredible range moonkins have and that it even hits you when you LOS them. my mate is a holy pala and im a mage. thx in advance

Actually LoS should work against convoke. Apart from LoSing, you should probably blink to him and interrupt if he is not in range. If you interrupt Convoke in a double Dps comb, you'll win. Apart from that against double dps, when he uses convoke, why not just bubble and iceblock? 😉

13 hours ago, Odi said:

My bad guys. I was reading this topic right after the one about Torghast, so I was referring to Torghast being unaware that I wasn't specific about the environment. But at that time I was doing low level corridors. After completing the lvl8 corridor yesterday, tbh that dps is well justified. 
I like the random luck factor of anima powers and the option to stack certain skills to empower effects but some classes feel like lackluster.

Mechanics, that make 70% HP of a mob disappear shouldn't be usable on the rares, empowered mobs, bosses at the end of the levels and the description of the item should properly state that. Although I like Torghast very much and the concept of it,I believe it does need some fine tuning. As a holy priest my strongest tool was PW:S with stacking traits + guardian angel. EG: renew, divine hymn, the PW sanctify and serenity only benefited from passive stats and those are spells that make holy priest unique from the other priests.

Our level8 run took almost 2 hours, and at the end of the run we killed the last boss within 7sec after pull, me as a healer doing 24.5M damage from one spell and the DH finished the boss with another spell.

Yeah it's definitely not balanced, which they could have done with anima powers. As far as i know Rogues have a pretty hard time. As Balance, you just get so much Starsurge dmg that you oneshot enemies up to floor 18, or you get the entangling roots build where you win without even getting into combat (works with massroot as well, but not as strong).