FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Drtain

[Resto] Just looking for some suggestions.

Hello. I've recently start played my resto druid again out of me being bored on my main. So I've kinda been just messing about in normals/flex/lfr with the mastery/spirit build getting the 3k haste cap. Pulling about 200k with another good healer on malk and 275-300k with bad/not so good healers, But I noticed back when i was considering maining my resto druid i was pulling about the same (only i was 10 ilvls lower I got 10ilvls from some gear I got from normal) I went up 20k Hps which I feel is low considering I went up 10ilvls.  I switched the 8k haste (Losing 7ish% mastery and 1.3k spirit which I the spirit I didn't need at all.) 

I guess I'm mainly asking is if you guys think I should have done this or I should go to the 6.6k haste cap maybe go for 13k? (Which i can achieve losing another 600 spirit which idk if would be comfortable I probably would. also losing another 7% mastery and around 1400 intel) I'll post later tonight with what i think about 8k haste. 

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/Loosha/advanced

Edited by Drtain

6.652 Haste (or 8k) is a lost, you must change from 3.043 to 13.163 and the rest of your secondary stats must be Mastery.

You need to use the Mr. Robot like Krazyito says in this post: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/3924-resto-how-to-gearbuild-a-resto-druid/#entry59879

With the numbers that you posted, you will lose another 7% of healing (7% Mastery = 7% Healing) if you reach 13.163... First ensure that all your equipment don't have Crit, when all your equipment is Spirit/Haste/Mastery, then you must change to 13.163 at any mastery cost, until then, i suggest you to remain at 3.043.

And for the Spirit, i run with 15.000 because i like spaming hots, if you can say: "I can lose XXX spirit without running out of mana", then, reforge that spirit into something more usefull, don't wait for any softcap, just reforge that Spirit into Mastery.

Edit: I saw your armory, you need to change 4 items that gives you Crit (Shoulders, Bracers, Gloves and Belt). I suggest you to obtain the Craft Belt you will not change it until you have the Garrosh Belt from Normal or Heroic. So, until you change that 4 slots, you need to remain at 3.043.

Edit 2: Shoulders and Gloves are good slots for Tier and bracers you have Malkorok or Juggernaut either of them are good.

Edit 3: I say that 6.652 Haste (or 8k) is a lost, because you can have 3.609 more Mastery (~7'5% of Healing) and that Haste grants you only a tick of Wild Growth and Lifebloom (without speaking of SotF). The haste caps are primary to empower your Rejuvenation (and Tranquility) that will always be at the top of your healing skills.

Edited by Arctodus

Hi Arc. Welcome to Icy Veins!

Drtain, increase in item level does not always work out to higher HPS on the meter. The nature of healing is that you can only heal as much damage as has been taken. To evaluate your progress look at hps during periods of heavy damage taken, uptime on LB, mushroom use, etc.

As for your gearing question, read the stats section of my guide here in the forums. Changing things up on your gear should not affect your into. I advise always going to the highest haste cap you can reach up to 13163, regardless of mastery loss, if you can keep your spirit at a comfortable amount (you should be okay around 12.5k).

The 6652 breakpoint is actually worth reaching provided proper use of Wild Growth, as I've explained in several places. I don't recommend SotF breakpoints, though.

well a few thing first your spirit is a bit high. i run around 19k mana Regen and i dont really have any issues with my mana(25 man normals) the fact is you should be pushing to one of the higher haste caps if not the 13 k then at least the 11 k one. the lower cap is ok if your not really doing any thing but lfr.

honestly your gemming is a bit all over the place. you should honestly never be using pure spirit gems.

Hello I've ran around in some flex/lfr ealier with the 8k haste 13.5k spirit I like it more then the 3k one for the fact of faster globals that's originally why i went with it + it's haste cap i guess. The reasoning i went all over the place with gems is cause i wanted 13.5k spirit  not do to I need it every fight Just cause you know thok or something so i can spam rejuves on a majority of the raid or this or that fight I know i can get away with closer to 10k spirit  but I go oom on thok with that low. But yeah I guess i can go for the 13k haste cap without much spirit loss. (also one think you should remember about syaing oh i run this or that is cause i don't have meta gem, so i choose to go a little higher in spirit) 

Thanks for the replies guys! I'll go mess around with 13k for now

Your spirit needs will change based on three things:

1) Your familiarity/comfort level with the class and fights. The better you get with resto druid, the less mana you'll waste in putting out the same amount of healing. When I first switched to my main on my druid and began clearing heroics fresh out of farming normals, I had to use my mana pot on most fights with 12.8k spirit simply because I was spending more mana than I needed to while I was getting used to the increase in damage.

2) Your gear level relative to the difficulty of content you're doing. Normal mode bosses hit harder than flex bosses, requiring you to spend more mana on healing. Heroic bosses hit harder yet. When we first started on heroic Paragons, I was at a 565 item level. It sucked. There's a ton of tank damage, which druids aren't the best at healing, plus heavy raid damage at the start and towards the end. Now that I'm 574, it's significantly less stressful. There's still a lot of healing to do, but it takes less effort to do it.

3) How good or bad your group is. The more players in your group that are bad, the more damage unnecessary damage you have to heal. I've done flex kills on Iron Juggernaut that required more healing than normal and almost as much as the fight requires on heroic. Why? Those players were standing in bore drill, standing in the cannons, letting mines go off, not swapping at three stacks, standing in tar, and just playing poorly in general.

When you're used to healing with efficiency and you're clearing content with an appropriate gear level (that is, about 510 for flex, 530 for earlier normals, and about 550 for the earlier heroics) with a group that isn't bad, you should be able to function at around 12k mana if you have the legendary meta gem. Since I recently got the Siegecrafter trinket and have been hoping to ditch it for Thok's, I haven't bothered reforging down. But, if you have Siegecrafter's trinket, about 10.5k mana should be more or less apporpriate.