FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Covenant Adventures XP Catch-Up in Shadowlands

pvivQpW.jpg

Covenant Adventures come with a catch-up system for Followers if they fall behind with XP.

If you switch Covenants and fall behind with the Mission Table and Follower Experience, you will have a chance to receive a Mission that rewards Grimoire of Knowledge Grimoire of Knowledge. The item can be used to grant your Follower anywhere from 2,400 to 6,000 XP if you complete it.

Not much is currently known about the catch-up system and the thresholds that trigger it, but multiple versions of the catch-up grimoire have been added in Shadowlands:

You also get the mission xp whether you beat the mission or not, only the reward is dependent upon winning. I frequently use this to send a follower on a solo mission that they couldn't beat with a good setup anyways, if it will level them up regardless.

Edited by SidonisAntares

It would be nice to have this catch-up not only after changing covenants but to level up the followers we obtain later on. 
It seems as one progresses on the mission's campaign, the difficulty and the level of the rest of the missions scales too - rewards not much. After a certain point I didn't see any XP specific mission anymore.
I'm at the point that I obtained 2 mounts from the mission's campaigns, but I shot myself in the foot because the rest of the missions are as difficult as the soul ash quest, which is now lvl60. The augment rune quests used to be a gold mine but now it crushes my army to dust.

A few of my followers are +35, but the ones I obtained in the last three weeks are still around lvl20 and they are no use in any mission I want to successfully complete (the ones between lvl 35-30 require carry as well).
Troops are very fragile, I don't remember when I was able to complete missions using them (Necrolord btw - the ranged has high damage potential, but it really is a glass cannon with 400hp, cleaves take them out in the first round)

Since getting anima is so time consuming 70-140/ quest (excluding the rare occasions of 250) I'm unsure is it worth to burn hundreds of animas into them.

I know I shouldn't really complain, I heard Kyrian and Venthyr are quite suxor, I'm just sharing my experience, maybe someone can learn from my mistake: be strategic with progressing the table's campaign.

Unless I'm getting it wrong and something else scaled the missions to the near impossible levels.

Edited by Odi

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym
      Here's a classic tale of Dagpit and Goliath as a raid group didn't quite manage to kill Fatescribe Roh-Kalo on their own in the Sanctum, but then rose the hero they needed and saved the day.
      We've seen plenty of everyone's dead raid boss kills where the Necrolord Heirmir or Venthyr Draven Soulbinds pull a post-death victory, but this one is much more old-school. In a massively understated post titled "MvP Imp", SnooDoodles3070 shared their experience of the raid fully wiping on the Fatescribe extremely close to the end, but then the new DPS king of the raid arrived. Now sure, the boss still had dots and such on him, but everyone else was dead and it sort of looks like the tiny firebolt was the one getting the final blow, so clearly the imp was the one responsible for the win!

Also, just so we're clear and don't detract from this heroic demon's identity, the name probably isn't Dagpit, I just used that for the expression at the start. But whatever that little demon's name is, he is now a legend among Warlocks and imps alike and we salute it!
    • By Stan
      One of the last tier sets that we haven't previewed yet is the new Rogue Tier Set. 
      The Rogue Tier Set includes the following items:
      9.2 Raid - Class Sets - Rogue - Armor - Leather Chest 9.2 Raid - Class Sets - Rogue - Armor - Leather Feet 9.2 Raid - Class Sets - Rogue - Armor - Leather Hands 9.2 Raid - Class Sets - Rogue - Armor - Leather Shoulder 9.2 Raid - Class Sets - Rogue - Armor - Leather Legs 9.2 Raid - Class Sets - Rogue - Armor - Leather Head 9.2 Raid - Class Sets - Rogue - Armor - Leather Shoulder 9.2 Raid - Class Sets - Rogue - Armor - Leather Waist 9.2 Raid - Class Sets - Rogue - Armor - Leather Wrist Set Bonuses
      Assassination
      Grudge Match (2-piece bonus) - Shiv's debuff causes your Bleeds to gain 25% Critical Strike for 9 seconds. Grudge Match (4-piece bonus) - Vendetta causes Poisons and Bleeds on your target to expire 100% faster. Outlaw
      Tornado Trigger (2-piece bonus) - Your Main Gauche has a 25% chance to fire a Pistol Shot. Tornado Trigger (4-piece bonus) - Pistol Shot has a 50% chance to load a Hidden Bullet from your sleeves, up to 6 times. After loading 6 bullets, Between the Eyes has its cooldown reset and costs no energy. Subtlety
      Immortal Technique (2-piece bonus) - Shadowstrike has a 20% chance to grant Shadow Blades for 5 sec. Immortal Technique (4-piece bonus) - Your finishing moves have a 4% chance per combo point to cast Shadowstrike at up to 5 nearby enemies.ze  Set Appearance

• By Stan
      In Eternity's End, players will be able to obtain new Hawk mounts through Protoform Synthesis, a new crafting system native to Zereth Mortis. In this post, we preview all tints and the mount special animation.
      Hawk mounts have 3 tints. All of them can be obtained through Protoform Synthesis.
      Desertwing Hunter
      "Desertwing hunters were created to fill the skies of the Shadowlands."

Mawdapted Raptora
      "Since the Jailer's incursion, some new raptora have been synthesized by Zereth Mortis specifically capable of resisting the corrupting influence of the Maw."

Raptora Swooper
      "The raptora swooper was one of the earliest and most vicious iterations of its kind, perfectly suited for its ecological niche. The swoopers synthesized today are identical to those created in eons past, right down to their temperament."

Finally, here's the mount special animation.

• By Stan
      The fourth week of Patch 9.1.5 is ending soon, so we looked at the Tier List for Mythic+.
      Disclaimer
      In this post, we're taking a look at the tier list for Mythic+ based on the data gathered by Benched.me. The site plots all runs available from the Blizzard API (excluding the Chinese region) on a single ridge plot, so the data is different from our Shadowlands Mythic+ Rankings maintained by Petko.
      How the Data is Calculated
      To rank all specializations, Benched.me uses something called Meta Ratio Score. The "ratio" is between the specialization's representation in the meta vs. its representation in the population. For example, a specialization makes up 3% of all players in the population, but 6% in the meta, which means that spec's ratio is 6% / 3% = 2.
      Furthermore, the site defines the "population" as all keys level 2 through 15 and the "meta" as keys 16 and above. Based on that, we break down specs into tiers based on their meta ratio as follows:
      S-Tier: Ratio of at least 1.5. A-Tier: Ratio between 1 and 1.5. B-Tier: Ratio between 0.5 and 1. C-Tier: Ratio below 0.5, but greater than 0. F-Tier: Ratio of 0 (the spec isn't present in the high-level bin at all). Class / Specialization Mythic+ Tier List (Patch 9.1.5 Week #4)
      S-Tier
      We've got two specializations in the S-Tier.
      Affliction Warlock - 1.73 meta ratio Subtlety Rogue - 1.51 meta ratio A-Tier
      Fire Mage - 1.36 meta ratio Outlaw Rogue - 1.26 meta ratio Windwalker Monk - 1.26 meta ratio Guardian Druid - 1.23 meta ratio Restoration Shaman - 1.18 meta ratio Brewmaster Monk - 1.17 meta ratio Holy Paladin - 1.16 meta ratio Marksmanship Hunter - 1.14 meta ratio Balance Druid - 1.12 meta ratio Arms Warrior - 1.09 meta ratio Elemental Shaman - 1.09 meta ratio Frost Mage - 1.08 meta ratio Arcane Mage - 1.04 meta ratio Discipline Priest - 1.01 meta ratio B-Tier
      Shadow Priest - 0.99 meta ratio Vengeance Demon Hunter - 0.98 meta ratio Unholy Death Knight - 0.95 meta ratio Havoc Demon Hunter - 0.94 meta ratio Blood Death Knight - 0.93 meta ratio Fury Warrior - 0.89 meta ratio Holy Priest - 0.89 meta ratio Survival Hunter - 0.87 meta ratio Protection Paladin - 0.85 meta ratio Beast Mastery Hunter - 0.81 meta ratio Protection Warrior - 0.78 meta ratio Restoration Druid - 0.78 meta ratio Assassination Rogue - 0.77 meta ratio Feral Druid - 0.72 meta ratio Mistweaver Monk - 0.71 meta ratio Enhancement Shaman - 0.68 meta ratio Frost Death Knight - 0.68 meta ratio Destruction Warlock - 0.67 meta ratio Demonology Warlock - 0.64 meta ratio Retribution Paladin - 0.55 meta ratio SEASON 2 PLOT

• By Starym
      We've now seen how big Zereth Mortis actually is, so now let's find out how we get there! Here are two datamined (and very much work in progress) cutscenes that cover how we manage to enter the new patch 9.2 zone, as LeystTV gives us a look! We find out how the final sigil is crafted as well, where exactly we cross over into Zereth Mortis, and who's coming with us: