FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Azpb

Two Questions regarding spec and Rain of Fire

Hey, 

So I recently boosted my warlock after not playing for about a year and a half. I impulse bought WoD so now i'm stuck hah. I am up to ilvl 522 and pulling about 110k or so consistently as destruction. Now I am happy with these numbers but I recently got into a conversation with another warlock who was beating me on dps (but also had about 15 more ilvl). 

So my two questions;

1) For Tier 5 talents, I switch between Supremacy and Sacrifice and notice no major change. Reading through the forums I was unable to find a general consensus about which one is generally more appropriate. Is there any insight on this?

2) Should Rain of Fire be consistently (100% uptime - as possible) on single target fights if the boss will stay in it? For example on Thok last night I attempted to keep RoF on him at all times (besides fixate) while using havoc + shadow burn on Thok. Again, I was unable to verify this through my search, and am hoping for a more definitive answer if possible.

3) (For the giggs) Hit my first 825k Chaos bolt. War banner, jade spirit, light weave, dark soul, aww yeah. 

I appreciate any help offered. My warlock is "Pwnthrone" on Magtheridon, I would post an armory link but my work has it blocked. 

Thank you!

I apologize;

To add - I am also looking for an addon to track these procs. I have looked into weak aura's but almost had an aneurysm trying to set it up. Is there any more simple ways to track, or should I suck it up and program it correctly?

Thanks again! 

1) For Tier 5 talents, I switch between Supremacy and Sacrifice and notice no major change. Reading through the forums I was unable to find a general consensus about which one is generally more appropriate. Is there any insight on this?

2) Should Rain of Fire be consistently (100% uptime - as possible) on single target fights if the boss will stay in it? For example on Thok last night I attempted to keep RoF on him at all times (besides fixate) while using havoc + shadow burn on Thok. Again, I was unable to verify this through my search, and am hoping for a more definitive answer if possible.

3) (For the giggs) Hit my first 825k Chaos bolt. War banner, jade spirit, light weave, dark soul, aww yeah. 

I appreciate any help offered. My warlock is "Pwnthrone" on Magtheridon, I would post an armory link but my work has it blocked. 

Thank you!

All of these are answered in the Destruction F.A.Q. tips and the Destruction guide located on the main site as well as the forum section there.  Those will give you more in-depth answers.  Bring more specific questions back to us.

To quick answer,

1 - Doesn't matter at your item level and the difference later is barely above 1%

2 - No

I apologize;

To add - I am also looking for an addon to track these procs. I have looked into weak aura's but almost had an aneurysm trying to set it up. Is there any more simple ways to track, or should I suck it up and program it correctly?

Thanks again! 

If you're having problems, Locky has a WeakAura pinned thread in this forum section.  You can snag his and modify them to your liking.

Hey, 

So I recently boosted my warlock after not playing for about a year and a half. I impulse bought WoD so now i'm stuck hah. I am up to ilvl 522 and pulling about 110k or so consistently as destruction. Now I am happy with these numbers but I recently got into a conversation with another warlock who was beating me on dps (but also had about 15 more ilvl). 

So my two questions;

Thank you!

1.  Primary shift that gives GoSac the edge is KTT Multistrike trinket which does not proc on Pet dmg, losing a bit of power, as well as larger multi strike hits once your gear starts scaling at higher levels.  There is minimal difference between them, even at BIS levels. (see recent thread by Zag prob still on front page)

2.  No, its no longer a gain to use single target unless your bursting with Haste procs like Meta/Hero/Troll Racial.  Your example of Thok however is a bit of an exception as for Destro it is one of our instants we weave while screech interrupt is happening.

3.  See the Chaos Bolt Peen thread to see where your headed!  Hopefully I get myself a BBoY soon to join in the fun.

4.  I would recommend you put the effort into Weak Auras.  And by effort I mean, install the addon and learn how to click import.  I probably couldn't make anything more than your most basic Aura myself, however I have imported TONS of amazing ones from MMO and ICY.  I recommend you check out the sticky mentioned.

Thanks for the responses. I've read the guide and FAQ pretty thoroughly and there seemed to be a little conflicting answers and no definitive answer, which is why I asked the questions. I don't know what more-specific questions I can ask, but I'm sure I will learn as I progress. 

As for weak aura's I do not see a sticky for threads, but I did find a few hopeful solutions I will try when I get home. When I tried setting it up before I loaded in a bunch from MMO, but it looked terrible and did not work at all, therefore, the "import and pray" theory did not work well for me. I will keep trying.

Thanks again!

You don't just import and leave it.

You make them all the same size and line them up nicely.

I have cooldowns and trinkets along my cast bar and resource bar, with meta gem and 4pc vertical to it. A bunch of others too, but you get my point.