FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kaoskreator

Switching to Fire from Frost

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Kaoskreator/simple

^^ that's my armory. 

I have a great assortment of gear at the moment... I just have 2 questions.

1. Is there a certain Haste Breakpoint I should shoot for lower than 14100? I feel as though I can't comfortably reach that without sacrificing too much crit...

2. Is Normal, double upgraded BBoY worth using over my H Totem, or even H PBoI for the haste to crit reforge?!!

Please help, my guild is really expecting me to go fire, and out of everything I've read, I'm still leaps and bounds from where I feel I should be!

Never sacrifice crit. Ever. It is by far the most important stat you have. Don't worry about the haste cap until you have the gear to hit it without giving up any crit whatsoever. H PBoI is BiS, never replace it. I'm actually not sure about the BBoY compared to H KTT.

If you go fire, just go for crit > haste. You're still a fair few items including a heroic BBoY short of getting to 14.1k haste without sacrificing crit, so ignore that. Definitely keep that heroic totem and heroic PBoI.

Tell your raid leader to add my Btag so I can tell him how wrong he is about forcing you to go fire.

• Like 1

There's practically no point where you would ever give up crit for any other stat. After that, haste > mastery. Past 14.1k haste (without giving up any crit) is where mastery could be better than haste, but this is not conclusive. For pure single target haste will still outscale mastery past 14.1k as well. On a fight like the fallen protectors however, mastery gains significant value over haste, especially past 14.1k.

If you go fire, just go for crit > haste. You're still a fair few items including a heroic BBoY short of getting to 14.1k haste without sacrificing crit, so ignore that. Definitely keep that heroic totem and heroic PBoI.

Tell your raid leader to add my Btag so I can tell him how wrong he is about forcing you to go fire.

like this =)