FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Leadbelly

5.0.4 Warrior Guide Questions...

Just wondering why the Mace in Heroic DS is BiS over the Axe in Heroic DS.. Crit/Mastery vs Crit/Haste seems to me Crit/Mastery is a no brainer..

Please explain to me how Pure Strength beats Pure Crit or me using Crit + Str gems and getting the bonus isnt better then pure str.. I know its a no brainer come level 90 because the crit gems have double the stats of Str gems but i thought Crit overall was a better stat then Str..

Just wondering why the Mace in Heroic DS is BiS over the Axe in Heroic DS.. Crit/Mastery vs Crit/Haste seems to me Crit/Mastery is a no brainer..

Please explain to me how Pure Strength beats Pure Crit or me using Crit + Str gems and getting the bonus isnt better then pure str.. I know its a no brainer come level 90 because the crit gems have double the stats of Str gems but i thought Crit overall was a better stat then Str..

You are correct. Our BiS pages are not currently entirely accurate for the new 5.0.4 stat weights. We will adjust them soon.

so.regem or not regem this is the question.in other words gem crit all the way now?

I will say - if you have gold to spend for new gems - why not? Gemming all slots with crit gems will give you higher Enrage uptime via Bloodthirst and Colossus Smash procs and thus more DPS.

But personally, I think that changing all your gems (especially for epic ones, which may be expensive) 2 weeks before new expansion is not the best way to spend your gold.

• Like 1

I've read in various places that SMF still benefits from gemming mostly strength. I do sometimes feel like I'm the only SMF weirdo out there. In either case, since in a week all of my gear will be replaced with greens, I am not going to spend gold to re-gem!

• Like 1