FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
vixjava

New DK needs assistance

picking apart your Sha of pride since it's one of your better logs.

- don't ever use icy touch, howling blast is better single target, and it happens to aoe if there's something else around. if you need to apply frost fever on the boss use howling blast.

- You had a lot of howling blasts on adds which helped your overall dps, but you only have 1 howling blast targeting Sha of Pride. given the amount of time in which there shouldn't have been adds up it's safe to assume you're probably missing a lot of free howling blasts from rime procs, or you're using rime procs on icy touch. Make sure you use rime procs on howling blast.

- Your obliterate usage seems really low, although your crit rate is amazing. Obliterate should be your default spam ability for 2h. not just when you have a killing machine proc.

- You should only use plague strike when you need to refresh blood plague, and only on the boss. don't worry about diseases on adds.

- You used soul reaper 11 times, but only 4 of them hit the boss for the full effect. The graph shows you were using it a bunch at the start of the fight for some reason.

- I don't know anyone that uses death siphon, I'm pretty sure it's still a dps loss, and since you aren't using it anyways you should take death pact.

Lot of misses which can be fixed with correct positioning and being expertise-capped. Icy Touch should never be in the logs and/or on your action bar for Frost. Pillar of Frost usage is lower. It should be used on cooldown starting with the pull.

• Like 1

I would add stuff but there really isn't anything i can say that drums/storm didn't say 

Is this your toon? 

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/exodar/Hobgobbler/advanced

If so, there is not much that can be done with logs before fixing the gearing issue. The weapon and trinkets hurt, so do lack of enchants and reforging. Weapon / trinkets are based on RNG but the rest is still under your control and you should work on fixing them first.

• Like 1