Jump to content
FORUMS
Starym

Easy and Low-Effort, 3-Button 50-60 Leveling Method

Recommended Posts

53512-new-fastest-leveling-route-and-spe
 

If you have a ton of alts you want to try out and don't feel like putting in too much effort, here's a not too slow and very easy way to get from 50 to 60!

MoffiSlayer found a spot in Ardenweald where you can easily 3-button chill farm player XP via a pet battle, but you might need the Iron Starlette Iron Starlette and some pet bandages. It's probably doable with  other pets as well, but this one gets the job done in 2 rounds, so it's the optimal choice. It's a pretty good option if you have something else to do/watch a show or movie, or even at work as some players noted (via remote desktop tools and similar), as it's a very brainless side-activity.
 
This will earn you about 195K XP per hour, so you'll need about 14-15 hours to get from 50 to 60, which actually isn't that bad at all considering the regular way will probably take about 10 for a relatively chill playthrough, except that requires actual focus.

 The pet battle is located in Ardenweald at 40, 64.4.

Source.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you can use Tranquil Mechanical Yeti for 3-button win as well : Mechanical Fist->Call Lightning->Ion Cannon.

I agree w/ Wildwitch this could be very boring way to make 60, also you will end up without any anima reserves (my new L60's got usualy about 5K anima ready and can build basic conductor, command table and ie transport/special building as soon as hit 60) so pet battle leveling is not that great. But still, I use pet battles to make fast final ie 50-100K XP if I don't want to start new quest chain/go dung so this 3-button fight could be pretty good choice.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I level I usually dungeon spam - and this is a great thing to do to pass the time while waiting on dungeon groups.  Better than laps around Oribos...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, thurk said:

Better than laps around Oribos...

I wish laps around Oribos would actually give XP. I'd have all the alts.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The information provided here is not completely accurate. This pet battle requires 3 rounds, not 2. May not seem like much until you spend a few hours doing this. Second, pet speed leveling alts has been a thing for some time and is much faster than traveling/questing when set up correctly. However, it's best to do it during pet battle bonus week when you can also level your pet collection at the same time using one or two pet leveling strategies. The best repeatable ones are probably Rydyr only at Beasts of Burden world quest in Stormheim because it takes about 30 seconds per battle(approximately 480k alt XP per hour), Sir Galveston in Dalaran which rewards more pet XP, or Super Squirt in your garrison which has a pet healer behind you so no bandages are required and good XP. If you set up tdscripts and the Rematch addon you can prepare 3 identical teams and do 3 battles in a row anywhere without the need for reviving until all three teams have been used. Each time you complete two pet battles at Sir Galveston during bonus week, for example, your level 1 pet will be maxed at level 25. And, Rematch can be set to automatically queue the next pet for leveling. Also, using tdscripts means you only have to press one key repeatedly to do each battle. Additionally, some things that will speed up leveling of both pets and alts is to complete the Taming the World achievement for the Safari hat toy(+10% XP when equipped), using pet treats, setting rematch to auto load teams and to "load healthiest pet" in options for the 3 identical teams speed leveling, and getting xp buffs or items such as the darkmoon tophat or riding the roller coaster before leveling. Strategies/teams can be cut and pasted directly in Rematch. Strategies, teams, and information are available from wow-petguide.com. Pet bandages, treats, and stones are account bound so you can mail them to your alts. Lastly, for those without a large pet collection who just want to get pet battle world quests done quickly try using a team of all level 1 pets because the enemy will scale with the highest pet in your team(most achievements do require max level pets though).

Edited by Threewolves
Additional info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SgtBaker said:

I wish laps around Oribos would actually give XP. I'd have all the alts.

I'm glad that i'm not the only one doing this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Threewolves said:

The information provided here is not completely accurate. This pet battle requires 3 rounds, not 2. May not seem like much until you spend a few hours doing this. Second, pet speed leveling alts has been a thing for some time and is much faster than traveling/questing when set up correctly. However, it's best to do it during pet battle bonus week when you can also level your pet collection at the same time using one or two pet leveling strategies. The best repeatable ones are probably Rydyr only at Beasts of Burden world quest in Stormheim because it takes about 30 seconds per battle(approximately 480k alt XP per hour), Sir Galveston in Dalaran which rewards more pet XP, or Super Squirt in your garrison which has a pet healer behind you so no bandages are required and good XP. If you set up tdscripts and the Rematch addon you can prepare 3 identical teams and do 3 battles in a row anywhere without the need for reviving until all three teams have been used. Each time you complete two pet battles at Sir Galveston during bonus week, for example, your level 1 pet will be maxed at level 25. And, Rematch can be set to automatically queue the next pet for leveling. Also, using tdscripts means you only have to press one key repeatedly to do each battle. Additionally, some things that will speed up leveling of both pets and alts is to complete the Taming the World achievement for the Safari hat toy(+10% XP when equipped), using pet treats, setting rematch to auto load teams and to "load healthiest pet" in options for the 3 identical teams speed leveling, and getting xp buffs or items such as the darkmoon tophat or riding the roller coaster before leveling. Strategies/teams can be cut and pasted directly in Rematch. Strategies, teams, and information are available from wow-petguide.com. Pet bandages, treats, and stones are account bound so you can mail them to your alts. Lastly, for those without a large pet collection who just want to get pet battle world quests done quickly try using a team of all level 1 pets because the enemy will scale with the highest pet in your team(most achievements do require max level pets though).

While I'm sure that's all accurate, it seems like a LOT of prep time, if you're doing this afk while watching or even doing something else, the fact it's a little faster or slower doesn't seem that big of a deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncommon Patron

I've put a few levels on one character via pet battles (collected the wild ones and the dailies) in Shadowlands - you get close to 13K xp against the WQ daily and 4K+ against wild caught.  This also worked going back and collecting some in BfA.  It might work for any zone?

It's a change of pace and saves from repeating the same limited WQs available pre-60.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Starym said:

While I'm sure that's all accurate, it seems like a LOT of prep time, if you're doing this afk while watching or even doing something else, the fact it's a little faster or slower doesn't seem that big of a deal.

It's some of the fastest alt leveling possible atm. World of Warcraft pet battling is no longer a novelty game within the game. Pet battling now is a valuable activity to invest game time into. Pet collecting and battles can help players level characters more quickly, earn reputation with factions, experience quest chains otherwise unavailable, collect mounts, toys, and pets to add to collections, complete daily activities quicker, earn achievements, add value to participating in annual and weekly events, battle in pet dungeons, PVP pet battles, PVP pet duels, discover and participate in secret content, earn game time and blizz cash to purchase future expansion, mounts, pets, and other games by selling pets at auction to exchange for WoW tokens, and more. Pets have become BIG business in wow. It's not difficult to get it set up for speed leveling alts. And, once you do it you're done and everything is on autopilot from then on... so to speak. Each to their own. It's not for everyone. But there's way more added value to it nowadays than many players realize.

Here's something to try: Take a new alt to northern barrens and park it at the pet battler Crysa. Log onto it every now and then just to do the pet battle(teams available at website in previous post). When you get a rare Albino Buzzard reward drop auction it by caging it on your main. Rinse and repeat. Your alt will level up quickly. And, you'll earn decent gold for the couple minutes invested each log on. Tons of those kinds of activities available through pet battles with big reward vs. time invested.

Edited by Threewolves
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Threewolves said:

It's some of the fastest alt leveling possible atm. World of Warcraft pet battling is no longer a novelty game within the game. Pet battling now is a valuable activity to invest game time into. Pet collecting and battles can help players level characters more quickly, earn reputation with factions, experience quest chains otherwise unavailable, collect mounts, toys, and pets to add to collections, complete daily activities quicker, earn achievements, add value to participating in annual and weekly events, battle in pet dungeons, PVP pet battles, PVP pet duels, discover and participate in secret content, earn game time and blizz cash to purchase future expansion, mounts, pets, and other games by selling pets at auction to exchange for WoW tokens, and more. Pets have become BIG business in wow. It's not difficult to get it set up for speed leveling alts. And, once you do it you're done and everything is on autopilot from then on... so to speak. Each to their own. It's not for everyone. But there's way more added value to it nowadays than many players realize.

Here's something to try: Take a new alt to northern barrens and park it at the pet battler Crysa. Log onto it every now and then just to do the pet battle(teams available at website in previous post). When you get a rare Albino Buzzard reward drop auction it by caging it on your main. Rinse and repeat. Your alt will level up quickly. And, you'll earn decent gold for the couple minutes invested each log on. Tons of those kinds of activities available through pet battles with big reward vs. time invested.

Look, man, I'm really high up on my server for pet score and the more people you encourage to get into it is more people who I have to keep up with.  All my pets are 25 and rare- the only way to raise my score is to buy more off the auction house - and I don't want to have to resort to spending tens of thousands of gold to get more pets.  

Pet battles need to be *secret*.  My big fish/small pond life is comfortable and I won't have you threatening it.

That said, you may be fighting a losing battle - people who don't like pet fights realllly don't like pet fights.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Starym
      A very interesting thing has come up during today's raid testing, which might very strongly indicate that there will be a huge and somewhat unexpected (at least this early) confrontation taking place at the end of the Sanctum of Domination! Big potential spoilers ahead!
      Pauper_Jenkins looked around the raid using Far Sight and spotted the Arbiter's room from Oribos inside the raid, which means there might be something happening there.

      Source.
      But what could that something be? We've already seen the very top of Torghast in the recent Sanctum raid sneak peek, and the Arbiter's room actually is positioned above it there as well. Obviously the Arbiter's room isn't literally "above" Torghast, but these are the Shadowlands we're talking about, and the Jailer surely has his ways of traversing as well. It's also likely that the Sylvanas encounter will take place at the top of the tower... at least at first. If we take a look at the final raid encounter in more detail, the Dungeon Journal states that in the later phases Sylvanas waylays the players as the Jailer "ascends":

      The above happens after Sylvanas "destroys" the tower below, so we're definitely heading up, and is followed by:

      Final showdown between Death and inevitability? If you factor in the Oribos room into all that, it seems pretty likely we'll be seeing the Jailer facing off against the Arbiter, in one of the most one-sided fights in history unless the big soul dispatcher wakes up or someone other than us steps in to help, as we'll be busy with Sylvanas. This also indicates that the Jailer might be getting another key at the end of the raid, with theories about the Arbiter's chest-gem/pearl finally being resolved. Also, that means the final part of our fight with Sylvanas might be in that same room, and if I were a betting man I'd say those portals all around the platform will come into play.
      This is a hugely interesting twist, as we weren't quite expecting the story to progress quite this fast. Also, could this possibly mean 9.2 will be the final raid/patch of Shadowlands? It seems like an extremely big leap there, but considering the delays we've already seen and 9.1 coming in 2-3 (or more?) months, it's possible Blizzard sped up the story a little. Then again it's just as likely that this was planned all along, but considering the relatively low stakes/story implications of Castle Nathria, this is a pretty huge step up - that is if any of it is true.
      We still don't now what exactly happens at the end of the Sanctum of Domination, but the above is a pretty solid theory at this point, as I'm pretty sure the Jailer will get all of his keys before the end of Shadowlands. I just wasn't expecting it to go this quickly...
    • By Starym
      As the 9.1 PTR is the main focus of the community at the moment, Nerfmeta, Ellesmêre, Asûna, Jpc and Onezyd thought they'd shift the attention back to live, as they took down Plaguefall +27, as spotted by Raider.IO, with 3 and a half minutes to spare!
      This is a huge move forward in the Mythic+ top end, as it's been a little under 2 months since the last highest key World First. The team also brought back the highest key WF title to the West (and the US in particular), as the past four top clears have been by Chinese teams.
      Now let's have a look at their runs, shall we:
      Ellesmêre Holy Pala PoV:

      Jpc Outlaw Rogue PoV:

      Onezyd Balance Druid PoV:

      And here are the stats:


      So huge congratulations to the team and let's see if they can go even further! How high do you think we'll be getting in Season 1?
      Source.
    • By Starym
      Let's take a break from the 9.1 PTR content for a second and enjoy/admire some really awesome artwork, as Maksym Gordiyenko is back with more amazing Covenant-themed Taeshalach sword models!
      These are one of those things were "Blizzard, we need this in the game!" is the most common comment, as we now have all 4 Covenants covered! The two new additions since last time we checked are the Kyrian and Necrolord swords:

      Some truly epic stuff there, and very thematically linked to the Covenants they represent. Here are some comments from the artist himself, from two reddit threads:
      So, we may be getting more swords, this time Maw/Jailer-oriented! There's a whole lot more awesomeness to be seen over on Gordiyenko's Artstation and Instagram, including a Gorehowl variant, additional Bolvar-related variants, and many more!
    • By Starym
      Here comes one of the tools that will make your life a lot easier in Mythic+. Keystone.guru is a site that not only lets you make your own routes, but also lets you check others as well, with rankings for each individual dungeon per weekly set of affixes!
      Similar to the Mythic Dungeon Tools in-game addon, the site allows you to create your own routes and browse through other people's routes and make your own, and you don't have to be in the game to do it! You can set it up on a secondary monitor (or phone) while playing to make it even easier, and there's a whole lot of routes to choose from already, week-by-week!
      The site just got a redesign yesterday and it's looking pretty good:

      You can check the popular routes either by specific dungeon, or overall, with each dungeon being ranked according to the week's affixes, so you can get a good overview of which dungeon to focus each week based on relative difficulty:
        
      And here's a word on some of the features from the developer, Wotuu:

      This really seems like a must-have, invaluable tool for any even half-way serious Mythic+ player, as it's just so convenient to create routes outside the game, not to mention check other popular ones either use them outright, or tweak them to your liking. So make sure to head on over there and check it out!
    • By Staff
      Muffinus clarified that we won’t have to wait 7 weeks to reach Renown 59 to unlock flying in Patch 9.1. In fact, Memories of Sunless Skies should become available from the next chapter following the hub unlocking in Korthia and that's next week on the PTR.
      In an interview, Blizzard said that we'd need to complete the final chapter of the Covenant Campaign to unlock flying in Patch 9.1, so we checked out updated Renown rewards in the game's database and found out that the final chapter unlocked at Renown 59. With Renown increasing by 3 each week, it would take approximately 7 weeks to unlock flying, but this theory has been debunked.
      Placeholder for tweet 1383093589899583492
×
×
  • Create New...