FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Mischief

Need some advice on disc

Firstly i like to say i love this site been using it for awhile never post until now. Well here's my question. I have a disc an hes 541Ilvl link here  http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/greymane/Fatherfaith/simple. I resently started raid normal on this toon. One of the raider in the team was saying that my dps is low, and that it should be higher than my hps. He said i shouldn't have that high of an hps with my dsp being as low as it was. That i must be using other heals. Witch i really don't I use Inner Focus + Prayer of Healing, but that only if the raid is taking high damage. So i told him all i do is use Archangel, Penance, Power Word: Solace, Halo, Spirit Shell on cd and fill with smite as well as  Inner Focus +  PoH. On any given fight my hps can be 60-80k and my dsp will be 50-60k. he also said i should have Inner Focus up an not use it as a cd an should be using Shadow Word: Death an Mindbender to help with my dps. He seems to think disc is a support class instead of a healing class.  I don't realy known who right here or what. I've read the disc guide many of times. Maybe i'm missing something. any help is welcome. an sorry for the confusing wall of text i suck at making these things.

thanks Mischief

You dps will not be higher than your hps.  The raider trying to help you is grossly mistaken.

first of all look at what a disc is. it mainly a healer. yes it dose have some dps built in to it but then again so dose mist-weavers monks. there was a time that disc could be played as a dps class but that long gone. pick up Prismatic Prison of Pride asap.

i suggest getting rid of glyph of smite becasue the extra 20% dose not translate in to atonement.  Glyph of Prayer of Mending is more useful then smite. not sure if you toss prayer of mending out at all but that could help you a lot with healing.

it suggested that crit should be higher then Mastery. i would suggest pushing your crit more and keep Mastery with in 5 points of crit

who ever suggest that i dont honestly know if he know what he is talking about. if your dps is higher then healing then there some thing wrong and you are not needed as a healer. "One of the raider in the team was saying that my dps is low, and that it should be higher than my hps. He said i shouldn't have that high of an hps with my dsp being as low as it was." im guessing they said it was because of wiping.  people get frustrated so they look out for some one to blame but them self. Rember your a healer first then dps

Edited by TIme987

Oh I didn't even notice the armory link.

UPGRADE YOUR WEAPON.  Weapon is by far the most meaningful piece of gear you have, the extra spellpower gotten from it is extremely important.  And if anyone says "raid finder gear" look at his wrist.

T15 talent should be roots.  It's the only ability that has any use in raid fights in SoO.  Get the minor glyph of sha shadowfiend, it sorta removes the GCD needed to cast it.

Other than that you seem to know what you're doing as far as optimization goes.  Get some gear and rock some healing charts.  If you have any questions on specific fights, link us some logs.

Tell that guy to shove it. Discipline is a healing spec and any dps is a by-product.

Looking at your gear you're doing what you can with the gear you have. Like Time said, crit is generally a better stat and replacing some of the spirit/haste or spirit/mastery pieces you have with spirit/crit will go a long way to help achieve that. Mastery isn't a bad stat for you though and there is no need to pass on intellect bonuses for additional crit. Arbitrary numbers like keeping mastery and crit within 5% of each other has no actual merit. An item with mastery will, all else being equal, be an upgrade over an haste item, regardless of the percentage point difference between crit and mastery.

Like Brutal points out, SW: Death can be useful. If for example it is put on an add during Norushen and that add will die relatively quickly, dotting it becomes a way for you to optimise your uptime on Twist of Fate, increasing your healing and damage done by 15% while ToF is up.

If you need more qualified help, some log submissions would go a great way towards it. You can only do so much looking at armory.

The glyph of smite was only add because said raider told me to. It not because where wiping we made to galakrass this week. He just want me to dsp more to push the raid over. Some of the team member are doing subpar dps. So he feel that i should be making up the differents. also how dose one link log kind of new to this stuff.

The glyph of smite was only add because said raider told me to. It not because where wiping we made to galakrass this week. He just want me to dsp more to push the raid over. Some of the team member are doing subpar dps. So he feel that i should be making up the differents. also how dose one link log kind of new to this stuff.

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/4392-warcraftlogs-a-comprehensive-guide/  Here you go.

Ostensibly, subpar dps is a problem for your dps to fix; it's a lot easier for dps to offheal (shaman OP) than it is for healers to meaningfully dps.  Perhaps you could direct some of the dps players to these very forums for assistance?

again that raider is stupid he trying to make up dps when the dps should be replaced. the question he should be asking is is the healing doing there job and keeping every one up? yes then it not a healing issues so look else where. it sound like you did wipe a few time honestly if the dps is suppar then norshen would be a issues.  and trying to make up the dps with a healer is honestly stupid. i would suggest talking to your gm

It is hard for a healer to squeeze out more dps. It's not even your job... Is that guy even the raid leader? If he is not you should definately keep your calm and keep doing a proper job disc healing not compensating for dpsers 'under performing'.

If your raid leader asks you to do more dps and he asks you nicely I suggest you use Mindbender instead of Solace and Insanity. You lose some mana generation but your new friend does a lot more dps (for a healer at least).

And as everyone here sort of implied: If your raid needs 10k more dps then they should turn to the dps not you.

To link logs, you create a user at warcraftlogs.com, download their app and point the app to your wow folder.

In-game you go into system --> Network  --> Enable Advanced Combat Logging.

To start logging go in-game and do /combatlog, then open the app you downloaded, and press "Start a live logging session".  It will upload logs to the site that you can link to us.

• Like 1