FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Ashenrune84

Frost 2H DK needs DPS help =(

Hi guys,  first off great forum, thanks for all the info.

I just started getting into raiding a few weeks ago with my guild and im having some trouble with my DPS, and was wondering if if was doing something fundamentally wrong?

Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malfurion/Ashenrune/simple

Logs: just made a world of logs account, will post logs in a bit

Rotation: Diseases up, (Soul Reaper if < 35% health) OB till runes are gone, FS to dump Runic Power, HB if Rime proc, OB if KM procs.  Horn of Winter if nothing is up.

Im averaging 100 - 130k dps on Normal SoO fights and my guild is disappointed because I can do better.  Any advice to what im doing wrong?

Thanks for any input, will post logs ASAP 

I don't see anything drastically wrong with your gear. At lower item levels str is a little bit better than crit, but that would make a minor difference. You do have a few piece that don't have their mastery reforged into either crit or haste.

with a 542 ilvl the max dps you could expect is probably only about 175-200k, but I'll take a look at the logs when you post them and see what I can find.

If I were to nitpick on armory, it would be the fact that you are slightly below the hit cap and your glyph choices are not the ones people usually run with. Death Coil and Pestilence are both likely to find their use only in few extreme situations, so it is probably not worth wasting glyph slots to improve them. 

• Like 2

Drums has a good point too, I noticed the glyphs and was going to say something, but forgot to type it. none of them will make a huge difference, but a few of them are more likely to help than others. 

Anti-magic shell - is pretty much standard for every dk regardless of spec, and in addition to using AMS defensively you can use it offensively and purposely stand in stuff with AMS up to generate runic power.

Dark Succor - There are a lot of fights with little adds. Dark succor gives you a free death strike whenever you land a killing blow on one. It won't be a huge dps boost, but 1-2 free death strikes on like half the fights is better than nothing.

Loud Horn - allows you to generate 20rp with horn of winter instead of 10. doubles the cooldown, but it's easier to work into your rotation optimally that way.

Dark Simulcrum - there are a few fights where you can steal useful spells, although I have to admit the only one I do is the chain lightning from the wolf riders on garrosh. This glyph allows you to steal them twice as often. It's also situational, and I would say a bit of an 'advanced skill' but it can provide a nice boost if you know how to use it.

OK, so ill def reglyph.  thanks.

I followed ask mr. robot for my reforges and gems, and now it wants me to regem again haha.

thanks for all the help guys!  still working on logs

AMR is right most of the time, but sometimes it can come up with some weird results. Your gemming looks ok, you just need to reforge mastery into either crit or haste on a few of your peices that aren't reforged.