FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Tyriallous

Hey guys I need help desperately

Hey guys how are you guys doing I have been playing wow for a bit and I have been raiding with my frost mage and I'm having a lot of problem my ilvl is 563 and when I'm fighting garrosh in normal I get kicked out cuz my dps is to low I can barely stay at 200 I must be doing something wrong I have been reading a lot from everyone and now I'm not sure what I'm going to do I'm thinking of going arcane plz guys help me out I'm fallowing mr robot to a thee here my report log on malk plz private msg me back with feedback or on the forum is fine too thank you to all that hav been reading this and taken time to respond

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/CYptWQbAyd8vD9N1/

First off, good job on coming here to get some advice, that can be a difficult thing to do.

Looking at logs:

-Living Bomb uptime is only 85.68%, this should be 100% on Malk.

-Invoker's Energy uptime is only 39.74%. This is honestly really low, it should be over 85% easily.

-28 Brain Freeze procs, only 26 Frostfire Bolts. Try not to miss any of those.

-I don't see any Alter Time usage, you should be casting it when you have max buffs on (trinket procs, int potion, tempus repit, cds)

-There's no need for Slow Fall on Malk, just use Blink to get back down if you get knocked up into the air. Slow Fall extends your time in the air, which limits dps.

-Presence of Mind isn't very good for Frost, you're better off with Ice Floes or Blazing Speed on all fights, in my experience.

Your armory looks ok, you have some extra hit, but that might be unavoidable.

Finally, I'm going to advise that you stick with Frost, unless you know you can play Arcane better than Frost. Arcane is a perfectly viable spec, but it isn't as mobile or flexible as Frost is most of the time. It is perfectly viable to go Arcane as your offspec, and use your Frost gear for it, so that's a thought if you really want to experiment on some bosses. I hope I helped a bit, best of luck to you :)

Thank you for your help what do u mean by invoker?? And usually alter time I should use it at beginning??

What should I be pushing I. Dps at this ilvl u think??

Invoker's Energy is the buff you get from your lvl 90 talent Invocation, which you have to refresh every minute.

You should use alter time to get extra BF/FoF charges, and to prolong the duration of your procs and cooldowns. Use it after popping Icy Veins when you have your FoF/BF procs up, and if possible your trinkets as well. Do this both at the start of the fight, and every time you cast Icy Veins.

edit: glyph of Icy Veins allows you to cast more spells, thefore get more procs, before popping Alter Time. This is the reason (along with being able to manage every proc better and not cancelling them by having them go off during AT) why you should IV first, wait for your procs, and then AT, rather than macroing them together.

Edited by TLTeo
  • Like 1

Ok awesome I will give it a try with alter time now what about arcane mage is it a hard spec to use,oh btw should I be using alter time before my trinket run out or when they just started. And for that 6 sec that alter time is on while I'm waiting for my proc tocone back what should I use after the procs?

Now for bombs with one do u recommend I know it depends on bobs but for garrosh for exemple cuz ppl keep kicking me because of my low dps

Arcane isn't a hard spec to play decently, I think the hardest part is in planning your movement so you can have the maximum uptime in Rune of Power.

Use it when you have the most buffs, preferably when they have over 6 seconds remaining, so they get the full extension.

Just cast Frostbolt, if you don't have a FoF or BF charge to use, and your bomb doesn't need refreshing. 

For Garrosh, I suggest Living Bomb.

Ok does it do anything if I release my icile before I got 5 over my head.

I have been reading a lot and how come ppl use cone of cold glyph is it that good to have in raids

So let me get this right about AT I just ivy veins then when my procs are full use AT then burn my procs down then use frost bolt until AT expires then once expired my procs will pop up ten I can use them again then while in waiting for it to coldown what do u suggest I do built up icicle until I get 5 then release them and use living bomb ??

I'm i getting this right

What I do is cast 5 Frostbolts 

Ok does it do anything if I release my icile before I got 5 over my head.

I have been reading a lot and how come ppl use cone of cold glyph is it that good to have in raids

So let me get this right about AT I just ivy veins then when my procs are full use AT then burn my procs down then use frost bolt until AT expires then once expired my procs will pop up ten I can use them again then while in waiting for it to coldown what do u suggest I do built up icicle until I get 5 then release them and use living bomb ??

I'm i getting this right

What I do is I cast 5 Frostbolts in order for everything to proc (althought often it does not), and then if everything has proced I use AT. But yea the "rotation" during AT is burn all procs and cast frostbolt during downtime.

That dps sounds reasonable for your ilvl, I wouldn't call it low, certainly not low enough to kick you from the group.

Possibly, if you could play it well enough. When it comes to dps, all 3 mage specs are fairly even, it all depends on how well you personally can play them.

WeakAuras/TellMeWhen and other addons are invaluable.  You really need to run with at least 1 of them to keep track of everything.

I use WeakAuras (with templates made by a friend, Takaoni on Hyjal) and below are the strings to import for tracking both invoker's energy on yourself, and a string to watch living bomb on 3 targets.  Please note on Living Bomb that if you refresh your Living Bomb with more that 3 seconds left it will not explode.  

So as an example on Garrosh P1 I will often have 1 active LB on Garrosh at all times, 1 active on the Desecrated Weapon, and 1 active on an add.  The WeakAura will show you the timers, and indicate whether your current target has an active bomb.  

String for LB:

dWJMiaWsvbAxufXRvfQzIQ0CvfWSP43u5MIkUnO(McDAGDII9s2nu7hL(PQcddv14uvDzHHQQObJkdxsoOOsNsvehteNtbwOiTuvjAXkOLRupuvipf5XuQNdzuQIQPQIjdY0L6IQs6QQs4zuvxxL2OQuttu2SsSDkXhPkQlPksFwrFxvPrQkkhwIrtvy8ufPtQkOBHQ4AusNNQ0FvsltsTnrvReDev0rTiKOApHVNyveSiirq6iYt)yzbfTEBToljH)44)GKKbz))AHNSmr7ycC4J3QqeKxCbgyp3UBLiVFSSGIwV5X6FMvRjdQ5pW3VE0pVw4jBGiuyw(0bWTOZhFk6laQ9qVZSY3pp))6KrF(w5))RfEYYlcFHpBWCgBKysebGeLtPmdwoEbwa4jlxQdEOipcW0JwVZxxpM3pBGVFwER8))1cpzwfvGGanWHlM1EdMZyJ0rTiJRaPJOTZe6ic(AAGoQvRwu4PvfmuaPu1IS1rmj6iY2zCBDetIE)pym5Fm)a(zJ11z85RfES6lgF9(3FmXFq(bwZY4N33ptl8y1xTOlU3G5m26icvfgdtboeZ)yIAr9gmNXwhr2xu7Gx9aafIAaCaj6IdlbUfvUTtK7l(dSXRsfDrXkaBj2OqPIclbUf9iNZa5(Iz5(C7M7aHy5EovfgZteHQcJHPahI5Fmr0ffROQWyykWHsfHlWHiEbwa4jlxQdEOOlg0I6YEgTiCboq6iMer8cSaWtwUuh8q1IUOy9IbTsfbfdVllhVvHONL7lZ59l4vTiJRaPJOlkwTnfesPI2otOJi4RPb6OwTOlkw7IjWTsf1ftGBXKKjY2uqiDeHa4PjeLtUE(v1IqvHToIqa80eIPwTOlkwTDWdlTsvlccGQmfVuxSFms0tReTJjWHpERcraBhwubcc0ahUyw7nyoJnsh1IWx4ZgmNXgjMerairVUSe2nlxwgl3ilxnlNpl3ilNplxnlxTiBNZa5(IvQAXuRJiBNXT1rm1IHVy81781j5h99ZZ3VESUoXxl8yDuTOlU3G5m26icvfgdtboeZ)yIAr9gmNXwhrqXW7YYXBvi6z5(YCE)cEfHQcJHPahI5Fmr0fdArDzpJw0ffRaSLyJcLkkSe4w0JCodK7lML7ZTBUdeIL75uvymprK7l(dSXRsfDrXkQkmgMcCOur4cCiIxGfaEYYL6GhkcGTeBuOur4cCG0rmjI4fybGNSCPo4HQfDrX6fdALk6IdlbUfvUTtK9f1o4vpaqHOgahqQfzCfiDeDrXQTPGqkv02zcDebFnnqh1QfDrXAxmbUvQOUycClMKmr2MccPJieapnHOCY1ZVQw0ffR2o4HLwPIqvHToIqa80eIPwTArqauLP4L6I9JrIEALODmbo8XBvicy7WIaqIEDzjSBwUSmwUrwUAwoFwUrwoFwUAwUAwUAr4l8zdMZyJetIOceeOboCXS2BWCgBKoQfbbqvMI3hA7WIEiUJ9sXoEGhA7WOhi3HadO9UMtzgR8cSaWZuh8qr2oNbY9fRu1IXxhr2oJBRJys07)bJj)J5hWpBSUoJpFTWJvFX4R3)(Jj(dYpWAwg)8((zAHhR(Qf1BWCgBDebfdVllhVvHONL7lZ59l4v0fhwcClQCBNOlg0IGVMgi6IIva2sSrHsffwcCl6roNbY9fZY952n3bcXY9CQkmMNicvfgdtboeZ)yIOlkwrvHXWuGdLkcxGdr8cSaWtwUuh8qrUV4pWgVkv0ffRxmOvQiCboq6iMerE(w2qGcMLZTWYLl2ge4ML7bb4jsTi7lQDWREaGcrnaoGulYJam9OftMvrgxbshrxuSABkiKsfTDMqhrWxtd0rTArxuS2ftGBLkQlMa3Ijjt0ffR2o4HLwPIqvHToIqa80eIPwTiBtbH0recGNMquo565xvRweeavzkEPUy)yKONwjAhtGdF8wfIa2oSiBNZa5(IvQiaKOxxwc7MLllJLBKLRMLZNLBKLZNLRw0f3BWCgBDeHQcJHPahI5FmrTOVaO2dXKzve(cF2G5m2iXKiQabbAGdxmR9gmNXgPJA1Qfzrmjzj8vlba

String for Invoker's:

d0tMgaGEKs1UqQyBQWTPIzIuqZfPiZwOtt4MiLyAi5BkYHvYovv7f2nj7NsmkKIAyuQFtv)vvAOscgmPQHlOdIuPtHushJIoNaTqvXsrkWIPKQLlXdPKYtrTmI65iMOIk1uvyYez6sDrkjptPCzrxNcBuPQtIu1MvrBxr5JkQyCKYNvPVljnsfvYJPsJwaJhPuUesHULsLRjPopPYNKe61sI(PIQgMyaEHbAWeWY0XMo1GDalbwcdW3IVkyAa9ZzUgGPT5ppjzJVPPgDOomPKRN0mLRbxYRWRg6ctWs6ulhH7T4ncbRB(Zts2y)onnn5dnnZAzn5GbRLX5oQAWKmEwbVq1GPHwTFaUQqQdG9AtY2B2ABYuYt22A24Ch1byLHZOiU3SqW3e8sss0cVAfF7I4EZcbd0GdKIBGg71OOOKP2cUjFyAxFyJZDutGfsGPxnZxzwQiXIERuz5QdC0VKWaCXhtma7yeBbgOrJgCsBHlLukHh0GDXaFtma76J(cg4BI9AhMAh1Bu2u1BhutA4Cx9g(ByVM2rDq7GA1uhhhhYB4Cx9gAWDrCVzbdWgQCwQAWlJ2dMeMX4F5K4RvpTzd2xvnVkQdpGZzPQbBnVpk5RQSOVcf)TKeIf90mhMXiTcwTCscg4BcME1mFLzPIel6TsLLRo0Gni5ljmJX)YjXdyds(kuZYcjH1b7AqAVZBaHucUfoPeyds(AOenEqdoqkUbASxJIIsMswRwt7qBA7aN7OMah9ljmaBqYx34IqWd4IpMya2Xi2cmqJgSbjFD9owF14bmjmDXamrOUXeFzWogXwGb(M4bFz8Ggny34IqWamrOUXemTq35yfA0Gp9QMf0EIV5gyjbjmU0X9YTscyAmeCjVcVAOlmblC9kWUEFuYxvHhWljjrl8Qv8TlI7nlemqd2q1fX9MfmatcZy8VCs81QN2SrdUQqQdG9bTTNmdklpvtzg0C7aN7OMaRmCgfX9Mfc(MGfsGNxzrV1MBl6POSO)WIEzWlLWz1cVcdWNcLGeadWTUWeCyjjzdoSKKSbFl(QOrJgFzma76J(cg4lJVn(By)K9bf1KTT92KPgLCno3vFGgSHQlI7nlyaMeMX4F5K4RnzIg8sjCwTWRWaSZsOWaCRlmbhwss2GdljjBWKaRkt0Ob3fX9Mfma7AqAVZBaHucUfoPeydvolvn4Lr7bBqYxdLOXdyFv18QOo8aoNLQgS18(OKVQYI(ku83ssiw0tZCygJ0kyds(kuZYcjXdyds(scZy8VCs8awOMLfsIhWKWmg)lNeFTjtWQLtsWaFtW0RM5RmlvKyrVvQSC1Hgn4aP4gOXEnBzz7A7PGuAbNOSdIZDutGJ(LegGni5RBCri4bCXhtma7yeBbgOrd2GKVUEhRVA8aMeMUyaMiu3yIVmyhJylWaFt8GVmEqJgSBCriyaMiu3ycMwO7CScnAWNEvZcApX3CdSKGegx64E5wjbmn6cUKxHxn0fMGfUEfyxVpk5RQWd4LKKOfE1k(2fX9MfcgOblKaB15z62w0trzr)Hf9YGRkK6a4xprNGYB2bRNS3mLRbRmCgfX9Mfc(MGLeKW4sh9UEfy6vDwoxUjnrVRxrOjomJXx6wCxQ8LUf3LkT3qJg8m8nPmTrda

If you want you can post your UI in combat and we can look what is missing and what can be done better.
You can also (if you know how) post a UI as if everything is happening (like all TMW/Weak Auras) are visible .

The addon is WeakAuras. Check a tutorial on how it works as it's the most useful addon we have.
Cheers