FORUMS
Staff

Changes to Purchasable World of Warcraft Game Time

49055-shadowlands-alpha-901-build-33978.

Here comes a big change to game time options, but before we get into that it's important to note that subscriptions and tokens will remain unchanged, so you can still get 1, 3 or 6 months subscriptions. Game time, however, will now only be purchasable in 60 day increments:

Blizzard LogoGame Time Options (source)

We recently conducted a review on the available services in all currencies. Based on this, we have decided to alter the available Game Time options in the Blizzard Shop. As of today, the Game Time options of 30, 90, and 180 days have been removed and Game Time is only available as a purchase of 60 Days.

New Game Time Option USD
60 Days Game Time 29.99
New Game Time Option Price
60 Days Game Time 39.95 AUD
60 Days Game Time 47.99 NZD

Please note that currently, the options and pricing for the purchase of both WoW subscriptions and WoW Tokens will remain unaffected. Also, any Game Time that has already been purchased for an account will not be affected by this.

We appreciate that players choose to spend their time with World of Warcraft, and we are committed to ensuring the game continues to provide players with great entertainment value.

If you would like to review your World of Warcraft Game Time and payment method, you can do so through Blizzard Account Management 1 at any time.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Since subscriptions and token times remain same it's not much big of a deal and seems like it is to compete with sites selling those same 2 month / 60 day game times.

• Like 2

This does affect people who buy game time in bulk after redeeming tokens for cash for things like 6 months get free [item] you could do that with game time as Blizz Wallet is only redeemable for game time and not subscription time.

• Like 3

As someone in the final phases of my PhD/grad school, who treats myself to 30 days of game time about 2-3 times a year (if I am lucky) this really blows. getting 30 days was the best and most user friendly option for me time commitment wise. The ZERO notice of this change also really sucks. Granted this option still exists with the subscription option, but this will add an extra step for me as now I will have to start a 30 day sub, and then remember to cancel it. It does not make sense to me to restrict player options - but as an extremely casual player I know I am not the main market for the company

• Like 1

I'm OK with this...as long as they still offer us a bonus if we sub for 6 months. No real hardship...the price isn't going up.

59 minutes ago, DarkSparr0w said:

As someone in the final phases of my PhD/grad school, who treats myself to 30 days of game time about 2-3 times a year (if I am lucky) this really blows. getting 30 days was the best and most user friendly option for me time commitment wise. The ZERO notice of this change also really sucks. Granted this option still exists with the subscription option, but this will add an extra step for me as now I will have to start a 30 day sub, and then remember to cancel it. It does not make sense to me to restrict player options - but as an extremely casual player I know I am not the main market for the company

I think you can cancel it immediately after you buy it. Could be wrong though, but I know I've previously cancelled like mid-month and just played until it ran out.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Wildwitch said:

I'm OK with this...as long as they still offer us a bonus if we sub for 6 months. No real hardship...the price isn't going up.

Sub price is not changing. You just won't be able to purchase more than 60 days at a time if you don't want to give them your credit card information. That is my preference. I like to buy balance cards and then pay for it that way. That way I don't forget that they have my card on file for subscription. Also, some people don't have credit cards and the only way to purchase time is it with buy battle.net cards with cash and then purchase it that way. I just bought a years worth of game time myself this way. So it won't affect me for another year. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ain said:

This does affect people who buy game time in bulk after redeeming tokens for cash for things like 6 months get free [item] you could do that with game time as Blizz Wallet is only redeemable for game time and not subscription time.

i buy for tokken 6 month  few times,no mount rewards for us...

20 minutes ago, Calysia said:

And how do you know this?

because it doesnt help anyone and it's only worse for all non-sub players like me as we have to pay more EUR per month since now.

Yeah, this is disappointing. I’ve been buying the max 6-month game time (using battle.net balance from buying tokens). This change means I have to spend more if I want to get the same amount of game time.

Not to be one of those “I’ll quit if Blizz does/doesn’t-do this” types, but I had already been thinking of letting my account lapse for a while when my current paid gametime runs out as I’ve been playing less lately. This is another nudge in that direction.

As someone who did this a lot, you sign up for a 30 sub and then cancel immediately. You play for 30 days and if you can subscribe again your not out anything. I dont see this as a big deal. If people are looking for the 14.99 option you can still do that.

16 hours ago, minithor1337 said:

As someone who did this a lot, you sign up for a 30 sub and then cancel immediately. You play for 30 days and if you can subscribe again your not out anything. I dont see this as a big deal. If people are looking for the 14.99 option you can still do that.

Blizz could hire you to execuse their stupid decisisions 🙂 No offense here but there are many ppl including me who don't want to sub. and Blizzard is going to punish them via forcing them to pay more money for the same service.

Edited by Kopuliak

This blue post confuses me. I thought they would remove 1/3/6 month subs and replace them with 2-month subs, but it only seems to affect game time you buy on Battle.net, not subscriptions, so it's not that bad.

On 3/25/2021 at 7:53 PM, Aernath said:

Since subscriptions and token times remain same it's not much big of a deal and seems like it is to compete with sites selling those same 2 month / 60 day game times.

Some of us cant play non.stop so  1 month sub is perfect