FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
zeffrell

When if at all to stop stackign haste

Aff is so RNG dependent that you can't really say "This is better, always" Higher haste leads to a much more smooth play style and better haunt uptime. If your gear can support the 18,207 haste break point then you should try it out. Even losing a few 1,000 mastery is okay, just don't lose to much. 

I was rolling 18,207 haste and around 12k mastery, very fun to play, very haunt heavy.

The high Haste build assists your Haunt uptime by forcing more Nightfall procs.  Your priority when snapshotting Affliction DoTs is to make Agony and UA super powerful and Corruption tick as often as possible.  Tempus Repit procs should ALWAYS be met with a Corruption recast, even at a slight loss of damage.

I think i can if i change it in ask mr robot to the 18207 and optimize I come out with

Time (ms)

Average ILvl
Intellect
Stamina
Mastery
128.89%
-24.12%
Spell Power
Spell Hit (?)
15.10%
+0.05%
Crit (?)
22.35%
-1.09%
Haste
50.07%
+14.32%
PvP Power
0.00%
0.00%
PvP Resil
77.00%
0.00%
Proc (Int)
Proc (SP) (?)
Proc (Haste)
5.05%
0.00%
Food
Int
Int
Flask
Int
Int

Coulda cleaned that up instead of a sloppy copy/paste ;)

Basically you're losing some Intellect, losing 24% Mastery (this hurts) and gaining 14% Haste.  50% is a lot of Haste - just to let you know, you'll be playing like you're on crack.  Test it to see if YOU can play it at this level without making mistakes. 

I think I would be ok Zag what would be the main issue Haunts like stated above or just keeping a eye on all the dots and so on?  But like you said may just have to try it out and see what happens

Main issue playing with that much Haste is that you have to clip your MG and DS perfectly.  You'll also likely global Haunt and UA casts.  Any human latency between your spell executions is DPS loss, so that's what I'm referring to.  You treat the spec the same - maximize DoTs and Haunt uptime.  I just find it a bit trickier with a high Haste build due to the speed of having to make decisions.

I'm in a raid at the moment anyway but link Warcraft logs if you can, easier to see how you snapshotted etc.

Quick look though, less than 400k on Protectors as a 577 Affliction lock means there's a fuck load of stuff going wrong, same with Sha being under 300k. Dot uptime around 95% is iffy but you could have been banished etc. Still, Agony should be 99%, if there's less than like 5 seconds before imprison you should make sure to not risk Agony falling off, even if it's super buffed.

Edited by Liquidsteel

yea im def missing something on protectors and it is driving me insane i don't know if it is just not getting enough dots out there or haunts or whatever im tring to do the copy /past with the dots and getting as many haunts going as i can.  Sha the same I think i need to remember to dot up the adds as well usually go down around 2:00 mark of the fight then back and so on but guessing my main issue on both is not getting the dots on as much as possible.  

I'm going to bed but it involves using soul swap inhale and exhale to make your 40 second Agony last 120 seconds before procs come back up.

I'm sure someone will explain it soon for you.