Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ChrisDaly

555 Balance druid needs major help in SoO

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys and girls I've started playing wow again after i had some real life issues occur and I managed to find an amazing guild full of very funny and amazing people who brought me into raids, got me geared, and didn't care about how low my dps was going to be. I am very grateful to them for giving me the chance to join their raid team. My current Ilvl is 555 and I have most of my gear upgraded. I'm currently gathering the Titan Runestones but seeing as I am recently back playing WoW and Siege of Orgrimmar has been out for ages now I'm having trouble finding guide's for this raid that are from a Balance Druids point of view. Is kinda heard deciding what abilities I take for what boss, Incarnation or force of nature? and heart of the wild and natures vigil? Also things like on what fights do i just single target the boss and what fights do I multidot? and when should i multidot? what numbers should I be pulling per fight? Basically I went into raids with this guild knowing nothing about SoO so pretty much every little bit of knowledge you can pass my way is greatly appreciated. I have read the tactics of every fight and now I know what to do but that's from a basic point of view and I'd rather have druid specific tactics as I'm the only druid raider in my guild and I know i should be doing better then I actually am I know gear is still a slight issue with my dps but I think not knowing my class fully is the big issue here. thanks to anyone who replies to this msg, I will forever be in you debt.

Link to my Character - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Swampfyre/advanced

Hi! Welcome to our little druid circle!

It may be something about the way scaling works at heroic level, but to my knowledge no one is using Force of Nature these days. Even if it's a teeny tiny DPS increase, it adds extra complication to the spec that you simply don't need. As far as HotW/NV, I think HotW is also the talent of choice for just about everything unless you absolutely need the extra cooldown, but again this might be a gear scaling thing where eventually the 6% int outweighs the 12% cooldown.

As far as learning to play the class, for the most part you should be throwing DoTs on everything that lives for more SS procs - even if it's not a kill target you're still going to be increasing your single target DPS by doing so. Read through our thread on improving your DPS and see what you can learn from there.