Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ChrisDaly

555 Balance druid needs major help in SoO

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys and girls I've started playing wow again after i had some real life issues occur and I managed to find an amazing guild full of very funny and amazing people who brought me into raids, got me geared, and didn't care about how low my dps was going to be. I am very grateful to them for giving me the chance to join their raid team. My current Ilvl is 555 and I have most of my gear upgraded. I'm currently gathering the Titan Runestones but seeing as I am recently back playing WoW and Siege of Orgrimmar has been out for ages now I'm having trouble finding guide's for this raid that are from a Balance Druids point of view. Is kinda heard deciding what abilities I take for what boss, Incarnation or force of nature? and heart of the wild and natures vigil? Also things like on what fights do i just single target the boss and what fights do I multidot? and when should i multidot? what numbers should I be pulling per fight? Basically I went into raids with this guild knowing nothing about SoO so pretty much every little bit of knowledge you can pass my way is greatly appreciated. I have read the tactics of every fight and now I know what to do but that's from a basic point of view and I'd rather have druid specific tactics as I'm the only druid raider in my guild and I know i should be doing better then I actually am I know gear is still a slight issue with my dps but I think not knowing my class fully is the big issue here. thanks to anyone who replies to this msg, I will forever be in you debt.

Link to my Character - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Swampfyre/advanced

Hi! Welcome to our little druid circle!

It may be something about the way scaling works at heroic level, but to my knowledge no one is using Force of Nature these days. Even if it's a teeny tiny DPS increase, it adds extra complication to the spec that you simply don't need. As far as HotW/NV, I think HotW is also the talent of choice for just about everything unless you absolutely need the extra cooldown, but again this might be a gear scaling thing where eventually the 6% int outweighs the 12% cooldown.

As far as learning to play the class, for the most part you should be throwing DoTs on everything that lives for more SS procs - even if it's not a kill target you're still going to be increasing your single target DPS by doing so. Read through our thread on improving your DPS and see what you can learn from there.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jorvalt
      So, I was just wondering out of curiosity if there was a way to change the weakauras trackers for sunfire and moonfire to be based on an absolute value of the maximum time sun/moonfire lasts for rather than being based on a percentage of how long the DoT has been active on the target. Basically, doing it the normal way, if you have Nature's Balance (which you should) then using solar wrath or lunar strike will extend the duration of sunfire/moonfire, respectively. However, basically all this does to the tracker is make it decrease slightly slower each time. For the sake of convenience I'm just going to refer to it as a bar because that's what I use. I want it so that when the DoT is at its maximum possible duration, the bar is completely full, and then decrease from there. That way, it's less confusing.
    • By Vlad
      This thread is for comments about our Restoration Druid PvP guide for Legion.
    • By Fyresparxx
      <Abyss> is recruiting to bolster our Mythic raid team. We are a zero drama guild of adults who enjoy raiding progression content. 
      The guild has been around since day one of classic. We have a relatively relaxed raid environment and solid leadership that encourages players to excel while still enjoying the game.
      Raiders must come prepared, on time, with flasks, pots, food, and runes. 
      Raiders must know their class and role. 
      Potential raiders must have been gearing for the content.
      Drama Queens and Trolls need not apply. 
      Progression:
      7/7M, 2/3M (3/3H), 6/10M (10/10H)
      Our raid schedule is:
      Tuesday - Wednesday - Thursday
      8PM - 11PM CST
      We are looking for the following classes/specs, but will consider any good and dedicated players.
      Swing Healer - Druid, H Priest, Monk
      Ranged - Elemental Shaman, Hunter
      If you are interested in joining our Mythic team, please apply: https://goo.gl/forms/ZQPvm6KYcqEkzTpz1
      If you have any questions please leave a comment, contact Fyresparxx#1148 or Warriorferet#1935 or send a message or in-game mail to Elissa-Whisperwind or Fyresparxx-Whisperwind.
    • By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids and onwards. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids. The guild formed late March 2016 and fully cleared 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel pre nerf shortly after. We've since been improving our world ranking every tier.
      We currently raid 3 days per week on Mythic: Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:15-22:15 server time. While it is not a lot we try to make the most out of our time. We run optional heroic/normal/alt/previous tier raids during off days in which raiders are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with only a 9 hour per week schedule so you are expected to attend and be ON TIME! However we understand things can come up sometimes but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons/world quests to improve your gear and artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared(i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding and a good, stable internet connection.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools, Weakauras2 and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.

If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 Azkey#21565
      To apply please visit our guild website: http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/recruitment
      __________________________________________________________________________
      Requirements to be considered into current main raids:
      - 905~ ilvl
      - 40+ traits.
      - 6 or more mythic kills in NH.
      - Exceptions to the requirements may be made.
      _____________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Druid: Balance and Restoration.
      Hunter: BM and Survival.
      Monk: Mistweaver and Windwalker.
      Shaman: Restoration.
      Priest: Holy.
      Warlock: Affli/Destro.
      Any and all applications be considered.