FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
igetdahkstoo

Mage looking for help improving

Ok so just recently i've started getting half serious on my Mage.

Starting my guild raids next week and I want to make sure I correct whatever I am doing wrong before then.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Timel%C3%B6rd/advanced

Malk log: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/BAgGf6cdQ1wPh8RJ/#type=summary

And should I be dropping socket bonus' so I can reach the 14242 haste BP? Or should I not worry about the 14242 breakpoint and gem normally?

EDIT: Just got my first normal garrosh kill on this alt and BBoY dropped and I won! so ignore the whole socket bonus' question...

Should I start gemming mastery instead of haste if I have too much now? until I am back down to the 14k breakpoint?

Edited by igetdahkstoo

Ok so just recently i've started getting half serious on my Mage.

Starting my guild raids next week and I want to make sure I correct whatever I am doing wrong before then.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Timel%C3%B6rd/advanced

Malk log: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/BAgGf6cdQ1wPh8RJ/#type=summary

And should I be dropping socket bonus' so I can reach the 14242 haste BP? Or should I not worry about the 14242 breakpoint and gem normally?

EDIT: Just got my first normal garrosh kill on this alt and BBoY dropped and I won! so ignore the whole socket bonus' question...

Should I start gemming mastery instead of haste if I have too much now? until I am back down to the 14k breakpoint?

Hello fellow mage

I have a first question for you:

What trinket did you replace for BBoY?

Anyhow further on.

Gearing wise: You are far over the hitcap

Go into AskMrRobot.com and click Optimize Character

Import your character

Click Edit weights.

Click: At least mode

Set Manual Soft cap = 14242

Do whatever AMR is telling you to do.

Now let's move on to the gameplay

First of all there is no reason to even discuss snapshotting as your uptime on living bomb is quite low. There were times that you didn't refresh living bomb for over 20 seconds and that's not good :) So first point improve LB uptimes. Your invoker's energy uptime is very good but: You do have some moments it falls of for a little but that's ok. Well done there

Your Alter Time usage with your current trinkets is near perfect. Just try not to use Synapse strings on the pull, but when PBoI procs and you can extend that as well with Alter Time.

You cast 24 Ice Lances and received 21 FoF charges. Yet you cast no Fireblasts. Generally you don't want to be casting un-Finger of Frosted Icelance. You cast 15 FFB and received 21 Brain Freeze charges so some improvement can be found there. I think i saw everything hope you can have some use out of this.

As for which trinket I had before BBoY: inv_pet_jadeserpentpet.jpgYu'lon's Bite

I was over hitcap due to trying to regem/reforge out of haste as I was over the breakpoint and I was too tired last night to be bothered doing anything other than putting the gems I had on hand in tongue.png should be fixed now.

Working on my LB uptime, I think the times I wasn't keeping it up(at least on malk) were right around the time the puddles were up and the big stretch was just as a breath was coming leading up to blood rage, so i'll have to work on keeping it up during that and not focusing so hard on puddles/breath that it detracts from my DPS/uptimes.

I had synapse springs macroed in with Frozen orb so i'll have to take that out of the macro and try to manually keep it up.

I think I had a few extra ice lances from just hitting it a few too many times as I was getting luck with chain procs or something, i'll work on that.

No excuse for FFB, i'll just have to make sure i'm not wasting procs.

Thanks for the help!

A UI question is weird to answer because my prefferences probably differ from yours.
Okay so what would I definatelly change on this UI is the positioning of your buffs/debuffs.
Having them in your face hinders your vision.
Also I do not see any reason for 3 LB WA's.
What I prefer to do is put all buffs/ trinket procs etc etc on WA's under your feet at some distance.

Under that I set 4 WA's (Icy, MI, ALter, Petnova)
Add one WA on the right showing Bomb and one on the left showing Invo/Rune.
There is no need to see FoF/BF on WA (except if you like doing so) as there are visuals that are quite easy to see :P
Do put petnova cooldown somewhere close to see :)
This is what I can see now!
cheers out

The 3 LB WA's are useful if they are tracking the timers on 3 target DoTs.  This can be really valuable on a fight like heroic protectors where LB can be kept up on all 3 the entire fight.

If that's the case then ofc
What I meant is if they are 3 WA's of LB on target in order to make sure you see it :P