FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Jijin

Chest piece for Ret

I just got my token from normal mode for my chest piece, but when looking at Mr Robot, the absolute BiS says the tanking chest is best, which seems really weird to me.

The relative says it should be my the Ret piece but I'm just not sure now.

Any idea why it might say the tanking one is best?  Should I just go with the Ret one like I was planning?

The tanking chest is not bis and I don't know why Mr Robot would say that, it's exp and mastery, which you should have no troubles with exp and mastery only comes after haste, while the ret one has haste and mastery, and they both have red sockets for exp+haste/mastery gems or str+haste/mastery gems, that's weird that it would say that. Go with the ret one it's bis.

• Like 1

BiS will mean very little until you're in full 580 gear anyways, since things aren't exactly the same for the two levels of gear. One will be capping haste and moving into mastery (which probably still doesn't make the tanking chest better) and the other needs all the haste it can get. I recommend gearing yourself based off the stats you need, and not based off of any BiS list.

• Like 1

It might be messed up becasue I was set to absolute.  I take it relative is what I should be looking at when it comes to ask Mr Robot?

Relative will mean, based on your gear currently.

Absolute will mean assuming you can get the best of the best gear, and get anything you want.

Relative will be what you want to look at, if you're not sure what you want already.

Relative will be what you want to look at, if you're not sure what you want already.

Even this is true, let me try to explain in other words to make it a bit clearer wink.png

• "Absolute" means the best available stats for your class/role without regards to your current equipment. Since hit and exp are the strongest stats for dd until cap, most items with hit and exp will be listed in top position under this option.

• "Relative" means that the selection will be done with respect to your current gear and stats. E.g. if you have already reached the hit cap, a piece with hit becomes less inportant and the selection will consider your second stats for your class/role (see the prio / weights).
Edited by LobbyBoy

Like Auriel said, the actual Ret tier is going to be the BiS piece. Keep in mind as well, that in 6.0 when expertise/hit are removed, our off-piece choices are going to change. With expertise changing to crit, and hit to haste, Shoulder tier becomes our worst itemized piece of tier. Making it better to pick up the inv_shoulder_plate_raiddeathknight_n_01.Darkfallen Shoulderplates if you're able to get the Heroic Tier gloves/legs/helmet. It might even be better if you're using just the heroic Gloves, and normal helmet/legs.