FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Staff

Burning Crusade Classic Beta Update and Raid Testing: April 26th, 27th

57750-burning-crusade-classic-beta-raid-

We have some new additions to the BCC beta, with max reutations for template characters, more max level pets and a scheduled Karazhan raid test for the 27th! 

Blizzard LogoBCC Beta Update (source)

On the Badge of Justice Beta realm, we’ve updated character templates in the latest build.

Specifically, we’ve fixed some gear inconsistencies, brought template characters up to max reputations, and added things like multiple max-level pets for hunters.

Please create a new test character to test with these changes.

Thank you!

Tomorrow, please join us in resuming testing of Karazhan in Burning Crusade Classic.

Raid Date Start Time
Karazhan Tuesday, April 27 2:00 p.m. PDT/5:00 p.m. EDT

Testing will take place on the Badge of Justice Beta realm, and Kara will be open for at least a few days. The Badge of Justice Beta realm has level 70 template characters enabled, as well as consumables and professions vendors in Shattrath.

As always, please use the in-game bug reporter (default hotkey: F6) if you come across any bugs, and look here in this forum for dedicated feedback threads once the test gets underway.

We’ll see you there!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym
      Here's another crazy accomplishment, as Rommildrey managed to finish up their huge Classic goal JUST before Burning Crusade Classic hit, and got 60 characters to level 60 without boosting, dungeons or questing!
      Yes, you read that right, all 60 characters were leveled exclusively by killing mobs, completely reliant on rested experience. So how long did this all take? Around 316 days played, including everything related to it (bank transfers etc), and if you calculate that you'll probably conclude there was some multiboxing happening, or they spent basically ALL their time on leveling for the past 2 years.
      While the below images only show 58 characters, Rommildrey assures us that there were 2 extra level 60 Warlocks there, but they had to be deleted. And really, why would someone lie when 58 is just as insane a number as 60.

Source.
      And here's a whole lot more info from Rommildrey on this awesome goal that they accomplished:
      In WoD I decided to level 100 characters to 100 for the fun of it, as leveling was super easy with recruit a friend, heirloom gear and just overall more smoothed out leveling. It didn't scratch the itch for a hard leveling experience, so when they announced classic WoW I pretty much instantly knew I wanted to do 60 60s, knowing that the leveling in the game is the slowest and hardest that it ever was.

I was motivated the whole way through because I knew that I wanted to do it, I knew it was going to scratch that itch and make me stop wanting to do big insane projects like this. I think it worked, I only kinda want to do 70 70s for Burning Crusade.
      I wouldn't say I had a favorite zone, I would basically find humanoids of the levels I needed at that particular time so I rarely interacted with the rest of the zone apart from the inn keeper and and the mobs I was grinding.

There were plenty of areas that sucked at times, like grinding the trolls in northern STV, had tons of traffic from ZG and a huge number of 60s helping level 30 warriors grind for their Whirlwind Axe. Not often very friendly. The blood elves in Azshara were also pretty painful at lower level, their aggro range is huge and their heal is massive if you fail to interrupt it.
      The gear I was leveling with was basically just the best greens for that class, passed on by the other characters that didn't need it. So when a green str/agi item drops on my warlock, instead of vendoring it I can give it to a warrior, rogue, feral druid or paladin etc. So for the most part I had best in slot green gear on most of my characters.
      I love grinding, so to me it was basically just a super chill grind the whole way through until I was nearing the end and closer to pre-patch. Going mob by mob means I had a lot of free time to watch shows, movies, listen to and discover new music etc.
      Haha I was waiting for someone to call me out on that! In my final days of grinding 2 of my warlocks to 60, I had to continue grinding despite knowing they were going to be deleted in a few days to be replaced by paladins. I assure you they did exist!
      About 316 days played working on this project, including banking, transferring items etc.
      I found 3 pairs of Edgemasters, 1 Wardens Staff, 2 Glowing Brightwood Staves and probably 45-50 other random epics worth very little. I also got every single bad BOE blue possible, just not a single good one.
      Until I decide if I want to continue on to 70 70s and 80 80s, all of my Faerlina and Stalagg characters will probably just rot, I was fully prepared for blizzard to cap characters allowed to be brought into BC since boosting was such a big thing, so I never really had any intention of doing anything with them after classic wow.

I do plan on going fairly hard in Burning Crusade, I will probably get use out of most of my Herod characters.

Source: Rommildrey.
      A really crazy feat, and we hope to see Rommildrey again with 70 level 70ies in two years time!
    • By Starym
      With World Buffs leaving the Classic meta tomorrow with the Burning Crusade's launch (at least for those that decided to move on to the expansion), awesome and funny machinima maker Gorak decided to give them a fond farewell, by comparing the original Vanilla experience with the buffs to the way they were handled in Classic! The results are pretty great:
    • By Staff
      Blizzard have announced specific plans for the Classic Era realm connection process, detailing which specific servers are getting connected in both US and EU regions.
      Classic Era Realm Connections (source 1, source 2)
      US:
      As we approach the moment when WoW Classic players will make the choice to move on to The Burning Crusade Classic (version 2.5.1) or stick with Classic Era (version 1.13.7), we will be connecting many Classic Era realms during maintenance on Tuesday, May 18.
      This means that in each region/locale, we will create connected realms among groups of Classic Era PvP realms, or groups of Classic Era Normal realms, or Classic Era RP realms.
      In this region, we will connect:
      Anathema, Arcanite Reaper, Bigglesworth, Blaumeux, Fairbanks, Kurinnaxx, Rattlegore, Smolderweb, Thunderfury, and Whitemane Arugal, Felstriker, and Yojamba Ashkandi, Mankrik, Pagle, Westfall, and Windseeker Atiesh, Azuresong, Myzrael, and Old Blanchy Benediction, Faerlina, Heartseeker, Incendius, and Netherwind Earthfury, Herod, Kirtonos, Kromcrush, Skeram, Stalagg, Sulfuras, and Thalnos Our goal is to maximize the opportunities for Classic Era players to establish strong communities and carry on enjoying their way of play. We hope to see healthy populations of connected realms for Classic Era players, and we’ll continue to monitor and consider further connections in the future.
      Thank you!
      EU:
      As we approach the moment when WoW Classic players will make the choice to move on to The Burning Crusade Classic (version 2.5.1) or stick with Classic Era (version 1.13.7), we will be connecting many Classic Era realms during maintenance on Wednesday, May 19.
      This means that in each region/locale, we will create connected realms among groups of Classic Era PvP realms, or groups of Classic Era Normal realms, or Classic Era RP realms.
      In this region, we will connect:
      Mirage Raceway, Nethergarde Keep, and Pyrewood Village Ashbringer, Bloodfang, Dragonfang, Earthshaker, Gandling, Golemagg, Mograine, Noggenfogger, Skullflame, and Firemaw Dreadmist, Flamelash, Judgement, Razorgore, Shazzrah, Stonespine, Ten Storms, and Gehennas Our goal is to maximize the opportunities for Classic Era players to establish strong communities and carry on enjoying their way of play. We hope to see healthy populations of connected realms for Classic Era players, and we’ll continue to monitor and consider further connections in the future.
      Thank you!
    • By Staff
      Blizzard is lowering the price of the WoW Classic cloning service from $35 to $15, in response to some fairly heavy community criticism on the decision.
      (Source)
      Salutations, WoW Classic players! We’d like to inform you about a course correction we’re making.
      When you log in to WoW Classic after the patch next week, each of your Classic characters will choose between staying in Classic Era (version 1.13) and progressing to Burning Crusade Classic (version 2.5). For those who want to play a character in both versions, we’re offering a service to purchase a character clone in the other version of the game.
      This service – providing a player with a second copy of a character in a different game – is new for us. Our original concept of the value of this service was largely based on how we price other optional items and services. We want players who choose Classic Era realms to feel as though their choice comes with the possibility that they’ll be able to build relationships and guilds with other players they can count on.
      However, over the last week or so, we’ve gotten a very large amount of feedback from the community, and we’ve decided to lower the price. A lower price will likely still accomplish our goals with the new service, while allowing many more players to explore the option of playing characters on both Classic Era and Burning Crusade Classic realms.
      After careful consideration, we’ve decided to lower the price of a cloned character in WoW Classic to $15.00 USD ($20.00 CAD, $20.00 AUD, $24.00 NZD). You’ll see the lower price in-game when the service becomes available next week.
      As always, we deeply appreciate the passion and thoughtfulness of the WoW community. We play WoW alongside you, and we can’t wait to join you next week on Classic Era realms, in the Burning Crusade Classic pre-patch, and as we step through the Dark Portal with you in June.
      Thank you very much,
      – The World of Warcraft Development Team
    • By Staff
      Blizzard just clarified that the character transfers will be returning on pre-patch day, soon after maintenance as they still need to keep them offline until then due to the characetr copy snapshotting. We also found out there would be a new gold limit on them, raised to 5,000 gold! 
      Server Transfers (source)
      Hello yes! We intend to turn on the character transfer service soon after realms go live with the update next week. We need to keep transfers offline until we’re done snapshotting all characters, but that will be finished during maintenance, so realm transfers can be resumed thereafter.
      On a related note, we’ve made a small change to realm transfer restrictions. Previously, a player-character was restricted to taking a maximum of 2000 gold with them. Going forward, that maximum has been raised to 5000 gold.