FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Blackd

5.4.8 patch notes PTR

Gear changes are coming! First, in Patch 5.4.8 (which is currently in testing on the PTR), all upgradable epic items introduced to the game in Patch 5.4 will be given the option to upgrade 2 more times for a grand total of 16 item levels. This change will be applied to all items found on the Timeless Isle and in Siege of Orgrimmar. For instance, if you have an item level 553 Greatsword of Pride’s Fall and its Upgrade Level is 2/2 making it item level 561, once the new patch goes live it will display 2/4 and allow you the opportunity to bump it up to item level 569. Whether you’re working on a newly boosted character or progressing through Siege of Orgrimmar, we hope this change will provide you with the extra punch you need to take down your foes.

Second, we are also adding a new token called Deeds of Valor which will cost 3000 Timeless Coins, and can be used to grant your character 100 Valor Points. Players who wish to purchase the new token can do so by visiting Mistweaver Ai on the Timeless Isle next to the Celestial Court. Keep in mind, these tokens won’t allow you to go above the current weekly cap on Valor, but they do provide you an extra option to gain the points you may need so you can upgrade your gear.

We will be bumping up the ilvl of all Garrosh Heirlooms by +8 in 5.4.8, since they are not upgradeable with Valor. The intent of the 5.4.8 VP upgrade change is to let people continue to progress, and we don’t want those who are using one of the Garrosh BoA weapons as their primary weapon to feel like they need to go get a brand new weapon due to this change.

If thats true @Akraen come back you have stuff to do!

Edited by Blackd

For you Mages, I've updated the trinket values for 588 item level in a post over in the Warlock section.  I'll be modifying my trinket guide accordingly. 

Arcane is going to be the best spec to play now I think. The extra mastery and haste is going to place our dps in extreme values.
Trinket wise i think BBoY will become extremely strong for snapshotting the NT bomb as Arcane so probably that's BiS.
Damn you blizzard sad.png

Edited by Berlinia

Bad news, in my opinion. I´ll explain myself.

First up, what the consequences of this?

Current challenges people are facing will drop down in difficulty. Meaning that, if you are struggling at 10-man HC Norushen, you will beat it down through ilevel boost and move on to next step right away. No achievement, no learning, no performance improvement. Your char ilevel has been raised by 16. You win. Perfect.

Possible impact on game balance. You fellow mages already pointed it out, this impact will hit on classes vs classes, specs vs specs and even might broke some items.

Temporary buffs (those with fixed numbers), enchants and gems will decrease their vaue. Why? Because their potency is relative to the power (ilevel, actually) of the char they are boosting up. It is not the same to have a pandaren banquet being a boy standing at 540 of ilevel that 582. Not a big deal I know, but still.

Secondly, what is the point of this? Looking at all the suscriptions that Blizzard is losing on the go and with the upcoming new expansion, it becomes a pretty clear message to the playing and non playing community.

Fellow legion of 12 years old whiners, do not desperate anymore. You can still win WoW 5.0 before the release of WoW 6.0 after the summer and will be ready to enter first in the new WoW same as your mum in the rebates.

OR

Those of you who turned back on your God and stopped playing because you were sick of farming timeless kidneys, come back and eat the sweet candy that will boost up your ilevel by 16 without having to do anything. And afterwards, win WoW, etc.. (see above)

Honestly, I´d love to see Blizzard doing something a just half an inch away from ONLthey will have considering how many active accounts by doing X or Y. But this is not gonna happen.

- Elia -

"Current challenges people are facing will drop down in difficulty" Um, yeah, that's the point of it mate. Instead of a blanket 10/15/20% nerf or w/e, they're giving us an ilvl boost

I guess it's more fun as it feels more rewarding?
Idk it certainly feels better to be able to reach another breakpoint rather than doing passively more damage.
Still a shit change though :P

Well, for casual raiding group like mine that's stuck at H Immers (yes, we suck), and valor capped for months now, this will actually help us out quite a bit, so yay.