Sign in to follow this  
Snowshaddow

Trinket Dillema

So I'm a bit stuck

I currently have a choice between

Kardris' Toxic Totem 528 Raid Finder

or

Frenzied Crystal of Rage 566 Heroic

I'm not sure which is best atm? I been using FCoR because its a MASSIVE increase in ilvl, but still not sure for DPS. If FCoR is better, what if I had a flex 540 KTT? Would it still be better to use FCoR because its alot better?

528 KTT gives 9316 Intellect with an average uptime of 12.1%.  This equates to about 1,127 Intellect overall.  The Multistrike proc is worth about, on average, a 3.6% DPS gain.

566 FCoR gives 13273 Intellect with an average uptime of 17.6%.  This equates to about 2,336 Intellect overall.  The Cleave proc is worth a marginal amount depending on what you're cleaving.  It's worthless on fights such as Iron Juggernaut and Thok and has very limited use anywhere else. 

If you're doing 200k DPS, the Multistrike is worth about 7.2k DPS.  If you're doing 300k DPS, Multistrike is worth about 10.8k DPS.  FCoR gives double the average Intellect and has a more reliable proc.  I'm unsure if Mages have an ability to really launch powerful attacks within that window such as snapshotting a DoT, so the decision is tough to make on my part.  It appears that despite the item level, KTT would come out ahead because of its consistency. 

Hmmm thanks for those numbers, really looks like KTT would be worth using which is what I though, I think I might do some flex and try get a KTT 540 :P seems a little better then 528 till I get it to drop in norm or heroic :)

Check Akraens trinket guide. Use Cleave Trinket the intelelct proc is worth it.

Cheers

Edited by Berlinia