FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Staff

Children's Week Is Here, May 3rd to May 10th

xWses1p.jpg

Children's Week is back with a bunch of mounts, pets and achievements to claim! From Orgrimmar and Stormwind to Boralus and Zuldazar and Shattrah and Dalaran, there's plenty of children to be helped! 

Blizzard LogoChildren's Week (source)

It’s time to give back to the children of Azeroth during Children’s Week! Take an orphan under your wing and show them the wonders of the world.

Throughout the year, the orphans of Azeroth spend much of their time wandering their home cities, dreaming of the day they’ll be old enough (and big enough) to go out into the world to experience the adventures and marvels they’ve missed as children. During Children’s Week, the giving souls of the Horde and the Alliance can help make those dreams come true.

2AM0B55KUFGZ1556818841548.jpg

Traveling with orphans is now easier than ever! All orphans (except Wolvar and Oracle) now have their own mounts, making it all that much easier to show them the wonders of Azeroth.

Overview

When: May 3–May 10
Levels: Available to characters level 10 or above
Where:

• Kul Tiran and Zandalari: Orphan Matron Westerson in Boralus to start the Kul Tiran orphan quest line; Padae in Zuldazar to start the Zandalari orphan quest line
  • Human and Orc: Orphan Matron Nightingale in Stormwind; Orphan Matron Battlewail in Orgrimmar
  • Draenei and Blood Elf: Orphan Matron Mercy in Shattrath
  • Wolvar and Oracle: Orphan Matron Aria in Dalaran.

Pets

Showing your orphaned child around can be beneficial to you and the child. Once you’ve completed the various quests associated with this event, you’ll have a choice of several pets to add to your Battle Pet collection:

Boralus and Zuldazar: Mr. Crabs, Beakbert, Froglet, and Scaley

Orgrimmar and Stormwind: Whiskers the Rat, Speedy, Scooter the Snail, Mr. Wiggles

Shattrath: Egbert, Peanut, Willy, Legs

Dalaran (Northrend): Curious Oracle Hatchling, Curious Wolvar Pup

If you’ve collected all these pets through the years you’ll be rewarded with the Pet Care Package which provides a variety of items, including pug costumes, Magical Pet Biscuit, and a Flawless Battle-Stone.

Achievements

Meta-Achievement: For the Children
Complete the following Children’s Week achievements listed below, and you’ll earn the title reward of Matron or Patron: Home Alone; Daily Chores; School of Hard Knocks; Bad Example; Aw, Isn’t It Cute?; and Hail to the King, Baby.

Home Alone (Part of the Meta-Achievement)
Use your Hearthstone while your orphan is with you.

Daily Chores (Part of the Meta-Achievement)
Complete five daily quests with your orphan out.

School of Hard Knocks (Part of the Meta-Achievement)
Take your orphan into the Battlegrounds and complete the feats listed below:

• Capture the flag in Eye of the Storm, assault a tower in Alterac Valley, assault a flag in Arathi Basin, return a fallen flag in Warsong Gulch

Bad Example (Part of the Meta-Achievement)
Eat the sweets listed below while your orphan is watching.

• Tigule and Foror’s Strawberry Ice Cream, Tasty Cupcake, Red Velvet Cupcake, Delicious Chocolate Cake, Lovely Cake Slice, Dalaran Brownie, Dalaran Doughnut

Aw, Isn’t It Cute? (Part of the Meta-Achievement)
Obtain one of the Children’s Week reward pets through questing.

Hail to the King, Baby (Part of the Meta-Achievement)
Defeat King Ymiron in Utgarde Pinnacle with your orphan out.

Veteran Nanny
Acquire Egbert’s Egg, Sleepy Willy, and Elekk Training Collar on one character.

• These are the items that unlock the battle pets Egbert, Willy, and Peanut.

Activities

Many orphans wish they had someone special to show them the wonders of the world. Throughout the year, they often spend their time wandering around their home cities of Stormwind or Orgrimmar, dreaming of the day they’ll be old enough (and big enough) to go out into the world to seek the adventures and sights they’ve missed as a child. During Children’s Week, the giving souls of the Horde and the Alliance can help make those dreams true.

Visit Famous Landmarks: Talk to either Orphan Matron Nightingale in Stormwind (Alliance) or Orphan Matron Battlewail in Orgrimmar (Horde) to pick up a new little buddy you can guide around Azeroth and Outland.

Achievements! Earn many fun achievements while traveling around the world with your orphan by your side.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym
      A bigger batch for the end of the week, focusing on Mythic+ dungeon changes, with some Torghast and minor class and item tweaks as well, with the Paragon reputation from the Archivist's Codex now working properly.
      July 23 (Source)
      Classes
      Demon Hunter Fixed an issue with Hidden Helm and Hidden Cloak transmog options for Demon Hunters not using the correct appearances. Covenants
      Soulbinds Night Fae Fixed an issue where Podtender (Dreamweaver) would cause the player to die when accepting a queue. Dungeons and Raids
      Sanctum of Domination Remnant of Ner’zhul Fixed an issue that allowed cleave effects to hit his armor pieces on Mythic difficulty. Mythic+ Fixed an issue where dying after completing the dungeon in time could cause you to lose the ability to trade your keystone with Ta'hsup. Tormented Affix The spawn location of the 4th Tormented Affix lieutenant in Sanguine Depths has been adjusted to be available before Grand Proctor Beryilla. Spires of Ascension Devos Fixed an issue that would cause Archon's Bastion damage reduction buff to be removed with player immunity effects. Tazavesh, the Veiled Market Fixed an issue where Lethal Force would continue to affect players after Commander Zo’far’s defeat. Items and Rewards
      Paragon reputation gains for The Archivists' Codex faction now function properly. Torghast, Tower of the Damned
      Torments Raging can now be dispelled by spells that remove enrage effects such as Soothe . Reinforced: Unstoppable is no longer removed from the enemy upon the player’s defeat.
    • By Stan
      Blizzard President J. Allen Brack sent an internal email to Blizzard employees, addressing the allegations from this week's lawsuit.
      The president called them "extremely troubling" and said that he'd be "meeting with many of you to answer questions and discuss how we can move forward", according to Bloomberg's Jason Schreier.
      Placeholder for tweet 1418512291218264065 Here's a full transcript of the mail (courtesy of Jason Schreier).
      J. Allen Brack
      Hello Blizzard - 
      I personally have a lot of emotions coming out of yesterday, and I know you do, too. The allegations and the hurt of the current and former employees are extremely troubling.
      I know many of you would like to receive more clarity. While I can't comment on the specifics of the case as it's an open investigation, what I can say is that the behavior detailed in the allegations is completely unacceptable.
      It goes - without saying - it is completely unacceptable for anyone in the company to face discrimination or harassment. It goes - without saying - that everyone should feel safe working here, whether we are on campus, at BlizzCon, or working from home. It goes - without saying - it takes courage to come forward, and all claims brought to the company are investigated by internal and (when needed) external investigators. We take these claims very seriously. Claims made without fear of retaliation, and many times, I attend to them personally, along with our other leaders. Stepping back - when I talked with Bobby about taking this job, one of the first things I mentioned was a revered saint of the Brack household - Gloria Steinem. Growing up, the value of women as equals, understanding the work that had been done for equal treatment, and the fact that there was still much to do, were common themes. This is just one of the reasons why the fight for equality is incredibly important to me. People with different backgrounds, views, and experiences are essential for Blizzard, our teams, and our player community. I disdain "bro culture," and have spent my career fighting against it.
      Iterating on our culture with the same intensity that we bring to our games is imperative, with our values acting as our north star. This is some of the most important work we do, both as professionals and human beings.
      A company is more than a legal construct that exists as a piece of paper in a filing cabinet in Delaware. The people that work at the company make it what it is, through their actions and creations. Each of us plays a role in maintaining a place of safety for one other. And it is also up to each of us to continue to craft the Blizzard we want - and commit to doing our part in keeping Blizzard great but always aspiring for more.
      The leadership team and I will be meeting with many of you to answer questions and discuss how we can move forward. In the meantime, I wanted to know that you can talk to any man ager, any HR partner, any member of the legal team, or to any one on the executive team [including, Hey J]. If you feel more comfortable by talking to someone outside of Blizzard, or prefer to be anonymous, you can contact the Way2Play Integrity Line (CENSORED).
      I feel angry, sad, and a host of other emotions, but I also feel grateful to work alongside a set of leaders and thousands of employees who join me in their commitment to continuous improvement.
      Thank you Blizzard.
      JAB
    • By Stan
      Domination Socket Helper is an addon that prevents you from replacing/destroying Shards of Domination in Patch 9.1.
      Shards of Domination should always be extracted using Soulfire Chisel. However, if you decide to replace them, they will be destroyed in the process, which is where Domination Socket Helper comes in handy.
       What Does the Addon Do?
      Prevents you from replacing a Domination Shard and adds a button next to the socket which safely removes the shard.

Destroying the item or selling it to a vendor is also blocked.

I will add more functionality when I have time. (Hopefully, a window that lets you add shards without dragging them from your bags)
      You can download Domination Socket Helper here.
    • By Starym
      It's been a big few days for the Race to World First, as the EU re-clear meant an actually pretty tense race for World 3rd, as Pieces and BDGG went at it trying to see who can defeat Sylvanas first and we got 5 guilds past the Banshee today!
      While the top 2 has been determined for a while now, that doesn't mean the race is over, and we had yet another EU vs. US face-off on our hands! We actually had 8 guilds progressing on the final boss of the Sanctum today, but only BDGG, Pieces and Method were actually close to a kill. After a lengthy re-clear, both Pieces and Method were back progressing on the boss, and Pieces were doing well, managing to get under 50% in 134 pulls, and then after a few wipes, this happened:

Yep, that's right. 0.16%. THE closest any guild has come to defeating Sylvanas... without actually defeating her. It took Pieces over an hour to recover from that close of a call, but they did manage to focus up and get that extra tiny fraction of HP down, claiming and defending their previous World 3rd!

BDGG were the biggest  movers in this tier, as they caught up to Pieces quite quickly and gained 5 spots on the world stage since Nathria, earning their World 4th!

And finally, we got our 5th place guild today, as Method also improved from their Nathria performance, climbing 2 spots!

We still have plenty of guilds still progressing on Sylvanas, 6 to be exact, 5 spots in the top 10, and the Asia first yet to be crowned! And as a final treat, here's Complexity-Limit's multi-PoV World 2nd video:
    • By Starym
      More hotfixes for 9.1 arrive, with more Shard, class and Torghast fixes!
      July 22 (Source)
      Achievements
      Fixed an issue where Horde players who have earned the Hall of Fame: Sylvanas (Horde) achievement were not granted the Famed Bane of The Banshee Queen title. Classes
      Priest Fixed an issue where Bwonsamdi's Pact (Runecarving Power) disappeared prematurely if Fae Guardians (Night Fae Ability) lasted longer than 20 seconds. Items and Rewards
      Shards of Domination Blood Link's target application has been made more reliable. Using the Silver Shardhide Whistle toy while in a Druid form will now cancel the form and activate the toy instead of failing and putting the toy on cooldown. Torghast, Tower of the Damned
      Anima Powers Priest Fixed an issue where Bwonsamdi's Pact (Runecarving Power) was not benefitting from Dreamspun Mushrooms (Anima Power). Torments Avenger will no longer spam sound effects on every kill.