FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Fox

Booooomkin question

Hey guys I am fairly new to boomkin, but how important is it to have the haste cap? The 10293 cap.

Hey guys I am fairly new to boomkin, but how important is it to have the haste cap? The 10293 cap.

The soft cap is 10289 btw. It's a big deal but linking your armory would help a lot. Generally speaking ~550 gear level is when it's best to push for it.

Oh ok well I definitely have the cap. Is it true that our damage and dps for the whole fight relies on our burst? As far as beginning rotation goes.

Astral to solar

Cast starfall

Then one wrath

Pop cds

Apply moonfire (sunfire gets applied cause of celestial alignment)

use starfall when the first one ends

spam starfire

use starsurge when it brokes

wrath to lunar

keep up moonfire / sunfire

then just follow normal boomkin rotation.

Is this the right opener this is what I was told to do. I haven't yet tried it, but I'd figured I'd ask the forums just to make sure.

Oh ok well I definitely have the cap. Is it true that our damage and dps for the whole fight relies on our burst? As far as beginning rotation goes.

Astral to solar

Cast starfall

Then one wrath

Pop cds

Apply moonfire (sunfire gets applied cause of celestial alignment)

use starfall when the first one ends

spam starfire

use starsurge when it brokes

wrath to lunar

keep up moonfire / sunfire

then just follow normal boomkin rotation.

Is this the right opener this is what I was told to do. I haven't yet tried it, but I'd figured I'd ask the forums just to make sure.

yep, that should work fine. If you need more in-depth info, or have more specific questions there's a guide/thread here, https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/5528-balance-moonkin-info-and-fixing-your-dps/ but most stuff should be covered by the general spec guide.

• Like 1

I mean is our opener what determines the fight for us. As dps and damage wise. Like I said I haven't tried this opener yet, but I plan to today. When I start with the opener I am using now my dmg in the beginning my burst is 260k-280k. Then I go down to like 200k it is horrible. Hopefully with this opener I can burst better and keep the damage up.

What I will do is do flex this weekend and post up logs to see maybe if there are anymore tips anyone has or see that I am doing something wrong.

You can also log the flex to warcraftlogs if you want to share that could help some. Armory link as well. Have you tried Ask Mr Robot to setup your gear yet?    

The opener is a huge deal for EVERY class. If you can average 1M DPS for the first 20 seconds but consistently botch it and only manage 500k, you're giving up 10M damage just in the first 20 seconds, plus probably another few million during the rest of Bloodlust. On a four-and-a-half minute fight, that can definitely be 50k DPS across the fight lost.

Without a link to your armory, it's hard to guess where you should be. But, if you're about 550 and playing well, I'd expect you can at least open at 600k even with less-than-ideal trinkets.

Will look forward to seeing your logs.