FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Staff

Burning Crusade Classic Dark Portal Pass and Deluxe Edition

IkYEOA8.jpg

The pre-expansion patch arrives on May 18. Everyone who wants to prepare early will have the option to buy a Dark Portal Pass, allowing them to boost 1 character of their choosing on a Burning Crusade Classic realm to level 58. As previously hinted through datamining, there's also a Deluxe Edition of the Burning Crusade Classic that comes with the Viridian Phase-Hunter mount and toys.

Blizzard Logo(Source)

Are you prepared? World of Warcraft®: Burning Crusade Classic™ launches on June 1, and the pre-expansion patch arrives on May 18. As with WoW Classic, Burning Crusade Classic will be included with every WoW players’ subscription at no additional cost.

For those who haven't played WoW Classic recently, or if you're looking to enhance your experience, we have a host of special items just for you.

Starting on May 18, after the weekly scheduled realm maintenance, everyone who wants to prepare early to join the adventure when Outland opens on June 1 will have the option to purchase the Dark Portal Pass, allowing them to boost one character of their choosing on a Burning Crusade Classic realm to level 58 (limit one per World of Warcraft account; not usable on blood elf or draenei characters). The boosted character will receive:

• Apprentice Riding skill
  • Race-specific mount
  • Weapon skills up to level 58
  • Access to certain flight paths
  • A set of level 58 magic (green) quality gear
  • Up to four Runecloth Bags (14 slots each)
  • A little bit of gold to start their journey

Dark Portal Pass

Intrepid explorers looking to further enhance their Burning Crusade Classic experience can purchase the optional Deluxe Edition. This edition includes all the items from the Dark Portal Pass, featuring:

• The Reawakened Phase-Hunter mount, a creature that draws on the otherworldly energies that transformed Draenor into Outland, for use only in Burning Crusade Classic and designed to match the look of the original expansion
  • The Viridian Phase-Hunter mount, a variant for use in modern World of Warcraft (including Shadowlands) and reflecting the game’s current visual style
  • A Dark Portal Hearthstone for use in Burning Crusade Classic, providing a unique visual effect inspired by the gateway between worlds
  • The Path of Illidan toy for Burning Crusade Classic, which causes your character’s footsteps to leave flickering fel fire in their wake for a short time
  • The Dark Portal Pass, which boosts one character to level 58 (same restrictions as standalone Dark Portal Pass apply; upgrading from the Dark Portal Pass to the Deluxe Edition does not grant a second boost.)
  • 30 days of World of Warcraft game time, providing access to WoW Classic, Burning Crusade Classic, and the modern game

Deluxe Edition

For more information on World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Classic, visit the official site.
  • Thanks 1

How stupid are the people in charge off TBC Classic? How are people supposed to take part in the end game races when they have two weeks to lvl a shaman in ally and Paladin in horde? You Dont even have the time to lvl your character to lvl in TBC with friends who are already lvl 60 And not to add the disgusting Wallet milking with the Shop 😕

Its sad whats happening with blizzard classics and retail and there is No hope its getting better 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Dvanom said:

How stupid are the people in charge off TBC Classic? How are people supposed to take part in the end game races when they have two weeks to lvl a shaman in ally and Paladin in horde? You Dont even have the time to lvl your character to lvl in TBC with friends who are already lvl 60 And not to add the disgusting Wallet milking with the Shop 😕

Its sad whats happening with blizzard classics and retail and there is No hope its getting better 

I agree, it won't be the same as it was back then (for those who wanted it). It will only complicate any guild race for first kills, if people will be ahead in levels, with shamans and paladins behind. 

Well, many people won't be happy about deluxe edition. I'm also not a fan of it. The idea was for classic rewards to be separate (if you can even call them "rewards", they are from the shop after all), now there is a mount given to both versions of the game. Of course they know what they are doing. Sadly, there is a market for it and enough people are going to buy it.

47 minutes ago, Arcling said:

Of course they know what they are doing.

Yea unfortunately the player base is often the victim of the player base; they wouldn't do stuff like this if there wasn't a promise to make money off it.

49 minutes ago, Arcling said:

Well, many people won't be happy about deluxe edition. I'm also not a fan of it. The idea was for classic rewards to be separate (if you can even call them "rewards", they are from the shop after all), now there is a mount given to both versions of the game. Of course they know what they are doing. Sadly, there is a market for it and enough people are going to buy it.

the thing i dont get is why the people have a problem with stuff like that its no pay to win nobody get hurt when they dont buy it and blizz is a company after all so making money is a thing they should do

37 minutes ago, N3ilo said:

the thing i dont get is why the people have a problem with stuff like that its no pay to win nobody get hurt when they dont buy it and blizz is a company after all so making money is a thing they should do

It's simple - all mounts from the shop are made to look more unique than the ones earned in game. Whenever they add a new model, they reuse it for various recolors, but shop mounts are usually made to stand out more. What's the issue? We might get less cool looking rewards. Players who feel more, let's say, invested in game will know that there is no prestige in these store mounts and having them doesn't mean anything. Thing is, they are not the main target. Enough people don't care, they will simply see something that looks cooler than those various recolors and they will get it. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Arcling said:

It's simple - all mounts from the shop are made to look more unique than the ones earned in game. Whenever they add a new model, they reuse it for various recolors, but shop mounts are usually made to stand out more. What's the issue? We might get less cool looking rewards. Players who feel more, let's say, invested in game will know that there is no prestige in these store mounts and having them doesn't mean anything. Thing is, they are not the main target. Enough people don't care, they will simply see something that looks cooler than those various recolors and they will get it. 

the thing is i get what you mean the first bad mount that came to the game was in store and as a forsaken player i wasnt happy that i needed to pay extra but we have some pretty nice mounts you can get throu playing i personaly dislike the most mounts from the store and in this case it feels like a collectors edition and that is a thing where we got unic stuff since vanilla. so yeah i get that people say: "oh boy thats my dream mount it sucks that i just can get it throu extra money" but like i said blizz needs to make money and its not only with them in the last years the gaming community is acting like its a sin that a developer trys to make money and i think it could be so much worse

Edited by N3ilo

this is no different from playing the "free" version to buying the deluxe/CE version. if you don't want it, don't buy it. Players asked for the boost on both versions of the game, Blizz answered. will they charge too much for this? of cause they will because they are bleeding money because of shitty choices

2 hours ago, Rhokdelar said:

this is no different from playing the "free" version to buying the deluxe/CE version. if you don't want it, don't buy it. Players asked for the boost on both versions of the game, Blizz answered. will they charge too much for this? of cause they will because they are bleeding money because of shitty choices

The difference being, this pack litterally gives you a mount at 100% speed, negating completely the 60% and 100% mounts you'd have to pay in gold pieces as a regular player, that's called an unfair advantage obtained using real money, and in gaming linguo, that's called pay to win.

Edited by doritoes

9 hours ago, Dvanom said:

Sad? Yes
Unexpected considering the fact that it's still Activision? No

Yep, everyone's peeing their pants over this, but consider the following (because math is fun!):

• $60 Level Boost
  • $25 Mount in Retail
  • $25 Mount in Classic
  • $10 Toy (that's also $10 on ebay from the TCG for retail)
  • $10 Hearthstone (that's $1000 on ebay from the TCG for retail)
  • $15 for a month of game time

Yep folks, that's nearly $150 of prime digital microstransactions bundled up for the price of less than half.  There's how we're looking at it, but then there's how Blizzard looks at it.  And if you want the stuff, we're gonna have to look at it the same way Blizz does.

I know I won't win any friends with this post (I made the same post on wowhead), but all this stuff is optional.  You don't have to get it.  You still get BC classic FREE with your existing sub.

For me personally, I would have spent the $15 on a month of game time anyhow.  I'll spend $50 to go see a movie, and I haven't seen a movie in a theater in a LONG time.  Consider me in.  I played BC already when it dropped the first time and I like new crap.  Especially that hearthstone.  I've wanted that thing for years and aint no way nohow I'll drop $1000 on one from ebay.

• Like 1

My problem is that blizzard spends more time on a store mount's development than actual earned mounts in-game. So even though no one feels like they have to buy a store mount, it still diminishes other mounts due to development time on said cosmetic items. I personally love warpstalkers and thought it would've been badass for blizzard to add in TBC related content to work on towards this mount since its TBC related, but sadly it has to be bought which I won't do so I probably won't ever get to ride a warpstalker. Even if I bought it, it wouldn't feel good to ride knowing that it took nothing, but money to obtain. I love riding basilisks all the time, but if the only basilisk was through the in-game store, I wouldn't ride them. In Bfa for instance u get a 5th color variation for the worms from keystone master, but you can buy a completely unique warpstalker. Just doesn't make sense to me man

5 hours ago, doritoes said:

The difference being, this pack litterally gives you a mount at 100% speed, negating completely the 60% and 100% mounts you'd have to pay in gold pieces as a regular player, that's called an unfair advantage obtained using real money, and in gaming linguo, that's called pay to win.

So you can ride 100% with this mount even if you don't have the 100% skill? But in the end you'd need to buy the 100% skill anyway since it's a requirement for the flying skill. And the skill is whats expensive in TBC as they shift the cost from mount to skill.

Edited by hirlix

That's disgusting.

Classic should, even according to Blizzard itself, convey the feeling of back then.

There weren't any mounts, character boosts or toys to buy for real money.

But once again, Blizzard throws its own promises for disdainful mammon overboard.

Shame on you, Blizzard!

A joke also the players who are already crying that blood elves and draenei cannot be boosted. Play it up, as it had to be done in the past.

I don't think there is anything less interesting than the first kills in Classic.

2 hours ago, Cordana said:

Yep, everyone's peeing their pants over this, but consider the following (because math is fun!):

• $60 Level Boost
  • $25 Mount in Retail
  • $25 Mount in Classic
  • $10 Toy (that's also $10 on ebay from the TCG for retail)
  • $10 Hearthstone (that's $1000 on ebay from the TCG for retail)
  • $15 for a month of game time

Yep folks, that's nearly $150 of prime digital microstransactions bundled up for the price of less than half.  There's how we're looking at it, but then there's how Blizzard looks at it.  And if you want the stuff, we're gonna have to look at it the same way Blizz does.

I know I won't win any friends with this post (I made the same post on wowhead), but all this stuff is optional.  You don't have to get it.  You still get BC classic FREE with your existing sub.

For me personally, I would have spent the $15 on a month of game time anyhow.  I'll spend $50 to go see a movie, and I haven't seen a movie in a theater in a LONG time.  Consider me in.  I played BC already when it dropped the first time and I like new crap.  Especially that hearthstone.  I've wanted that thing for years and aint no way nohow I'll drop $1000 on one from ebay.

Hey, you got me buddy (no sarcasm, I think you're 100% right)! Unfortunately the OTHER thing they're charging for, the char copy, is preeetty much EA-style business practice, so well, at least the deluxe edition is ok i guess.

Also just as a comment to everyone else, seriously it's cosmetics. It's the DEFINITION of optional. Yea you want that mount, yes it would be cool if it was obtainable via something hard in-game but really, if you don't have it you're not hurting, you're not left out, it literally doesn't affect you. Just be happy it's still just cosmetics (and the clone thing which is... ugh...).

22 minutes ago, Starym said:

Hey, you got me buddy (no sarcasm, I think you're 100% right)! Unfortunately the OTHER thing they're charging for, the char copy, is preeetty much EA-style business practice, so well, at least the deluxe edition is ok i guess.

someone mentioned it under the other post that you could technical dupe your gold if you could copy chars for free like crazy and i think thats the reason we have to pay for a copy

8 hours ago, Cordana said:

This is one of the worst types of excuses. These are digital goods, any value is purely arbitrary. 

6 hours ago, Starym said:

Also just as a comment to everyone else, seriously it's cosmetics. It's the DEFINITION of optional. Yea you want that mount, yes it would be cool if it was obtainable via something hard in-game but really, if you don't have it you're not hurting, you're not left out, it literally doesn't affect you. Just be happy it's still just cosmetics (and the clone thing which is... ugh...).

Tbh, this "it's only cosmetics, stop complaining" is not a good argument to me. Cosmetics are important, otherwise they wouldn't be sold. They do affect what unique-looking content is being locked, that would otherwise fit thematically as a reward. Besides, those things are fine in f2p games, not with subscription model and various other services. As to why using "it's only cosmetics" excuse is not a good idea, rather than making lengthy post, I can recommend some videos on this topic (for example Jim Sterling made one a couple of years ago).

Also, as others have mentioned, there is apparently riding skill included in this, so this isn't even "just cosmetics".

Edited by Arcling

6 minutes ago, Arcling said:

not with subscription model and various other services.

the subscrition model is a nice piont cause i am very sure since blizz is owned by very hungry boys u can bet your cheeks that we would pay double the amount per month if they woulnd make a pretty dime with all this extra stuff.

and we all know if that was the fact we would fall in a shitty spiral where piople say its to much we leaf in trying to make them lower the price but activision would do *filtered* and after a year or so wow would die cause its not enough profit for them lets just be happy that you cant buy loot boxes that gives you mythic gear nobody gets hurt when a cool mount is behind extra pay we have plenty of nice mounts in game much more then you can buy with money

Edited by N3ilo