FORUMS
aceperson

so apparently my letter is actually spreading

First and foremost, yes, I am the person responsible for the J Allen Brack letter on mmochamp last night. I honestly didn't think this would take off like it did to the point of icyveins covering it for a bit. 

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2595263-So-i-got-a-response-from-J-Allen-Brack-(which-I-wasn-t-expecting)/page19

I stress that the letter is real. While i can't be certain brack wrote the email himself, the email is completely genuine. if anyone has a way to help me prove it's real, i'm open to listening. i heard something about eml but have no clue what that is.

edit: apparently the email has been proven genuine through some kind of tests involving the html, the dkim, and the spf (whatever those are).

Edited by aceperson
  • Like 1

The video with you opening a new tab for Gmail and showing the original header does indeed seem to prove the email to be genuine. The reason why we took down the post is because at the time Stan wrote it, he didn't have this evidence and just trusted the screenshots you had shared, which isn't very good reporting. 

• Like 1

i figured it was for an integrity reason. but no worries. i'm just surprised this has gotten as big as it did. i figured the thread would just get locked and not get seen again. if you want to contact me about anything, email my throwaway account [email protected] and i'll give you a response and my main email as well.

Edited by aceperson
  • Like 1

Thanks for sharing aceperson! 
Just for practical reasons I'm leaving your own video here, so people can watch it rightaway and judge for themselves:

Thanks a lot for sharing that too.

A personal question here, since I couldn't notice in the crowd on your original post: 
Did anyone ask the difference between your email address source provided handle of JAB being "j.allen.brack" and email you received being "JBrack" and have you answered something related with it? 

Don't get me wrong, I also don't know much about the technical part here, that eml may probably prove it at this point, but that small  handle difference detail there was the only thing for me, can create questions of "address masking" and such. As I said, not sure about its technical part either though.

that was brought up quite a few times and stumps me too. one guy who was techy made a guess that the email i found was from an old version of the server and the email response i got had the old email as a tag so it was redirected by their system. so it was a valid email  but not the current one.