FORUMS
kostasM

aernath

Are you seriously letting Aernath go over a fake chat log? 

Is this what it takes to ruin a person nowdays? 

i dont care if you make this post visible or not ,Im just very dissapointed by your reaction to this and i feel i have to let you guys know 

• Thanks 2

As we explained on Twitter, it's not the chat log, as we weren't able to get enough evidence of it being genuine. The problem is the exchange he had a day before on Twitter. When people started notifying him that his comments were offensive and transphobic in nature (rightly so with information available at the time), he didn't back down or try to defuse the situation. He jumped right back in and kept going. If you fail to show restraint and judgment (regardless of the topic) in your public conversations, you probably shouldn't be managing a company's Instagram account.

4 hours ago, kostasM said:

Are you seriously letting Aernath go over a fake chat log? 

Is this what it takes to ruin a person nowdays? 

i dont care if you make this post visible or not ,Im just very dissapointed by your reaction to this and i feel i have to let you guys know 

Thanks a lot for your support and sadly I am in shock about this decision, that chat log is a terribly made fake and that "discussion" never happened, I never said anything transphobic or did not intend to offend anyone in any way.

Doesn't it totally contradict with my initial happy reaction to Chromie news on that very same discussion anyways? 

If anyone wants, you can learn the whole story of what really happened on my Twitter at the pinned thread I shared:

Please take your time to read the whole thread and then decide for yourselves.
Thanks a lot again.

• Thanks 1

"We're good :)?"
"No need to escalate this"
"If that's misunderstood, let clarify"

If this is not a language of someone who "is trying to defuse the situation", I don't know what language you were looking for.

Edited by Freiszcze
  • Thanks 2

This entire situation is just depressing, and I hope IcyVeins rehires Aernath in a hurry. Aernath has contributed a great deal to IcyVeins, and any time anyone asks @yrelapologist on twitter for any form of evidence that the screenshots are real (which absolutely are a major contributing factor to the reason Aernath lost his job), yrelapologist/june declines to share a video or any other evidence pointing to the validity of the screenshot (which multiple people have questioned the validity of with plenty of evidence).

Icyveins really needs to rehire Aernath, have him issue an apology for the very minor, accidental instance of what could barely be described as transphobia, and then explain in detail why it is very likely that the screenshots are fake. The instance of transphobia that many people point to are instances where Aernath was directly quoting a book written BY trans people and other members of the LGBTQ+ community. On top of that, Aernath was CELEBRATING the fact that Chromie was trans.

From what I understand, Aernath is Turkish, so there is a minor language barrier to boot that could easily explain away the miscommunication.

Anyways, as a member of the LGBTQ+ community who has been arguing with nazis and transphobes since I learned to type, I can say with a great degree of certainty that Aernath doesn't have a transphobic bone in his body, and every instance that people on twitter are pointing to are due to a miscommunication, and the ridiculous screenshots still haven't been proven to be valid by any party at all.

image.thumb.png.9360ed2b31ee45134ce1d68a6a3e141c.png

Edited by isaac1207
minor clarifications
  • Thanks 2

On 5/14/2021 at 2:22 AM, Damien said:

As we explained on Twitter, it's not the chat log, as we weren't able to get enough evidence of it being genuine. The problem is the exchange he had a day before on Twitter. When people started notifying him that his comments were offensive and transphobic in nature (rightly so with information available at the time), he didn't back down or try to defuse the situation. He jumped right back in and kept going. If you fail to show restraint and judgment (regardless of the topic) in your public conversations, you probably shouldn't be managing a company's Instagram account.

Having read the entire exchange and then some that you're referring to, I'm actually appalled that you would take his words--as someone who is trans and ESL myself--out of context. This is such a deplorable and kneejerk act I can't imagine feeling comfortable supporting this site any longer if this is how you treat people who are unquestionably supportive of LBGTQ rights and allies! I hope you rescind your decision and do what's right. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1