FORUMS
Damien

Retribution Paladin Leveling Guide

This thead is for comments about our Retribution Paladin Leveling guide for TBC.

Guest Maxicus

Isn't there an error in the rota? Should start with seal of the crusader to get even more holy dmg and 3% extra crit on the target from the skill, then use command or righteusness.

1 hour ago, Guest Maxicus said:

Isn't there an error in the rota? Should start with seal of the crusader to get even more holy dmg and 3% extra crit on the target from the skill, then use command or righteusness.

You are 100% correct, this was an oversight by me and I will add this to the guide shortly. Thanks for noticing and your feedback!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Guest Maxicus said:

I was going to say. Once you unleash this skill onto a target it increases your holy damage on the target by up to 35..so you will have Holy damage as well as physical damage.

• Like 1

Guest mr. trash zug zug

Keep up either Seal of Righteousness IconSeal of Righteousness or Seal of Command IconSeal of Command, depending on which one you should be using.

"depending on which you should be using" means? 

I've been using only Command since I got it. Am I supposed to use Righteousness in some situations? I would maybe use it if I had to tank something because its gives more reliable threat.

22 minutes ago, Guest mr. trash zug zug said:

"depending on which you should be using" means? 

I've been using only Command since I got it. Am I supposed to use Righteousness in some situations? I would maybe use it if I had to tank something because its gives more reliable threat.

Hey Mr. Trash! So both seals are good damage, there is a breakpoint at 3.5 swing speed where seal of command becomes better due to its proc per minute rate. The amount of swings you get with a weapon faster than 3.4 usually results in more damage from righteousness' flat damage added to every hit than you would have gotten from your seal of command procs since its proc rate is partially tied to your swing speed as it has a set amount of procs per minute. I hope that helps!

• Like 1

Guest wregdar

don't we want to spec into deflection for faster weapon swings after a parry?

5 hours ago, Guest wregdar said:

don't we want to spec into deflection for faster weapon swings after a parry?

Hey Wregdar! There are a ton of great talents for Paladin leveling and I personally think that is such a small benefit compared to other talents I opted to take other stuff but there are some flexible points you could probably put in there if you would like.

Guest on_space

is the leveling rotation supposed to be the same ? or is this just a bug of some kind ? like when you move the slider to level 1 the rotation is still the same as if you were 70 

7 hours ago, Guest on_space said:

is the leveling rotation supposed to be the same ? or is this just a bug of some kind ? like when you move the slider to level 1 the rotation is still the same as if you were 70 

Hey on_space, the rotation itself which is more of a list of priorities  is the exact same throughout the leveling process there are just some added abilities as you level up. This is a good suggestion though and I will look into implementing this to avoid any confusion, thank you!

2 hours ago, Guest Cydro said:

Do we ever use seal of truth as ret?

Hey Cydro! No, unfortunately not. It can take a while to stack the debuff and the  damage that the DoT effect deals is pretty negligible and the bonus damage you get from judging the target that has the debuffs stacked on them doesn't compare to judging with Seal of Blood. It's definitely not useless but you won't get the same damage output, it could be helpful potentially against a rogue in PvP or someone you're trying to stop them from stealthing though.

Guest Pigg3h

Is the talent tree messed up for anyone else? It isn't displaying correctly like other guides.

2 hours ago, Guest Pigg3h said:

Is the talent tree messed up for anyone else? It isn't displaying correctly like other guides.

Hey Pigg3h, what specifically about it is messed up?

Guest Pigg3h
2 hours ago, Sellinz said:

Hey Pigg3h, what specifically about it is messed up?

Hi Sellinz, it seems to have been fixed since I commented. However, instead of displaying them like the in-game talent trees, they were being displayed in plaintext in a kind of list. Likely, some CSS/HTML was rendering properly which was resolved.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Guest Pigg3h said:

Hi Sellinz, it seems to have been fixed since I commented. However, instead of displaying them like the in-game talent trees, they were being displayed in plaintext in a kind of list. Likely, some CSS/HTML was rendering properly which was resolved.

Thanks

Awesome I am glad its resolved and of course thank you for checking out the guide and letting us know.

Guest Zirup

What blessing is the most effective when leveling retri pala? BoM or BoW? :D 

Obv you do more damage with BoM. But with BoW you don't have to drink as often.

On 7/29/2021 at 2:15 PM, Guest Zirup said:

What blessing is the most effective when leveling retri pala? BoM or BoW? :D 

Obv you do more damage with BoM. But with BoW you don't have to drink as often.

Hey Zirup! So it is largely preference, I personally prefer Might because it lessens your time in combat so there is less chance for outside factors like other players or mobs respawning  to impact each fight but you really can't go wrong with either.

Guest Pilgor
On 6/2/2021 at 1:02 AM, Sellinz said:

I'm sorry but not taking 5% for the parry haste is dumb. You fell for the noob bait. I want a guide written by an actual paladin player. 

On 10/23/2021 at 12:42 PM, Guest Pilgor said:

Sorry you feel that way but pretty much everything taken is consistently better. There are for sure benefits of parry haste but it's extremely unreliable and IMO not worth taking over the other things listed when leveling is all about minimizing your downtime. 

Guest Go 49ers
On 10/23/2021 at 9:42 AM, Guest Pilgor said:

I'm sorry but not taking 5% for the parry haste is dumb. You fell for the noob bait. I want a guide written by an actual paladin player. 

This is needlessly aggressive. Also that's some high and mighty talk coming from someone who can't figure out how to quote correctly.

@Sellinz

Hello. Dont you get out of mana really fast with this rotation/playstyle? Are you using gear with intellect instead of strength? Dont you lose much time drinking to re-gain mana back? I really dont know what gear to pick and I am always go OOM fast without even using Consecration..

Edited by Rohirrim

9 hours ago, Rohirrim said:

@Sellinz

Hello. Dont you get out of mana really fast with this rotation/playstyle? Are you using gear with intellect instead of strength? Dont you lose much time drinking to re-gain mana back? I really dont know what gear to pick and I am always go OOM fast without even using Consecration..

Hey Rohirrim! You do unfortunately burn through mana very quickly as a Ret paladin while you're leveling, Strength should be your highest priority on your gear but if you find a piece with intellect and strength don't avoid it. The class isn't designed to be able to sustain the maximum usage of abilities for very long so you just have to find the balance between kill speed/down time that works best for you, I typically just try to do whatever I find minimizes my down time the most as opposed to maximizing my kill speed but some mobs are more dangerous than others so you kind of have to make a judgement call. I hope that helps.

• Like 1

@Sellinz Yeap got it 😛 Thanks! For example if I fight 2 mobs I need to down one quickly to reduce damage taken.. so I can use my full dps abilities and then I can go conserve mode on the other

9 hours ago, Rohirrim said:

@Sellinz Yeap got it 😛 Thanks! For example if I fight 2 mobs I need to down one quickly to reduce damage taken.. so I can use my full dps abilities and then I can go conserve mode on the other

Yep exactly, and like I said you'll find a balance that works best for you personally the more you feel it out but with leveling unlike max level DPS it is hard to define exactly what the best way to go about it is but as long as you're constantly fighting mobs you should be leveling at a pretty good pace.