FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

A Summary of All Patch 9.1 Build 38627 Class Changes

58105-patch-91-build-38394-all-class-cha

We’ve summarized all class changes that went live on the 9.1 PTR in Build 38627.

Death Knight

PvP Talents

• Delirium Delirium Your Howling Blast and Frost Strike apply Delirium to the target. A disease that debilitates the target's movement, reducing the cooldown recovery rate of movement enhancing abilities by 25%. Stacks up to 2 times. Lasts for 15 sec. Howling Blast applies Delirium, reducing the cooldown recovery rate of movement enhancing abilities by 50% for 12 sec.
  • Decomposing Aura Decomposing Aura - All enemies within 10 8 yards slowly decay, losing up to 3% of their max health every 2 sec. Stacks up to Max 5 times. stacks. Lasts for 6 sec.
  • Cadaverous Pallor Cadaverous PallorTransfusion Transfusion, and Necrotic Strike Necrotic Strike have been removed.
  • Deathchill Deathchill - All targets within 5 8 yards are afflicted with Deathchill when Remorseless Winter is cast.
  • Last Dance Last Dance Reduces the cooldown of and duration of your Dancing Rune Weapon by 50%. Reduces the cooldown of Dancing Rune Weapon by 50% and its duration by 25%.
  • Life and Death Life and Death - When targets afflicted by your Festering Wound Virulent Plague are healed, you are also healed for 10% 5% of the amount.
  • Strangulate Strangulate ranged changed to 15 yards (was 30 yards).
  • Dead of Winter Dead of Winter - After your Remorseless Winter deals damage 5 times to a target, they are stunned for 4 sec. However, your Remorseless Winter's cooldown is increased by 25 sec and its radius is reduced to 5 yds. Remorseless Winter's cooldown is increased by 25 sec.
  • Raise Abomination Raise Abomination cooldown increased to 2 minutes (was 1.5 minutes).
  • Death's Echo Death's Echo (New PvP Talent) added - Death's Advance, Death and Decay, and Death Grip have 1 additional charge.
  •  Necrotic Wounds Necrotic Wounds (New PvP Talent) added - Bursting a Festering Wound converts it into a Necrotic Wound, absorbing 5% of all healing received for 12 sec and healing you for the amount absorbed when the effect ends. Max 6 stacks. Adding a stack does not refresh the duration.
  • Spellwarden Spellwarden (New PvP Talent) added - Rune of Spellwarding is applied to you with 100% increased effect.
  • Bitter Chill Bitter Chill (New PvP Talent) added - Chains of Ice reduces the target's Haste by 12%. Frost Strike refreshes the duration of Chains of Ice.
  • Doomburst Doomburst (New PvP Talent) added - Sudden Doom also causes your next Death Coil to burst up to 2 Festering Wounds and reduce the target's movement speed by 45% per burst. Lasts 3 sec.
  • Blood for Blood Blood for Blood has been redesigned. Heart Strike deals 60% increased damage, but also costs 3% of your max health.

Druid

Balance

• Stellar Drift Stellar Drift (Level 45 Talent) - Starfall deals 50% additional damage and allows you to cast while moving while it is active, but now has a 15 12 sec cooldown.

PvP Talents

• Star Burst Star Burst (New PvP Talent) added - Starfall has a chance to call down collapsing stars. Enemies that come into contact with a star cause it to burst, knocking up nearby enemies and dealing [ 280% of Spell Power ] Arcane damage. Generates 0 Astral Power. Approximately 7.5 procs per minute.
  • Prickling Thorns Prickling Thorns has been removed.

Hunter

Legendary Powers

• Bag of Munitions Bag of Munitions - Up to 5 targets hit by your Death Chakram are also hit by Explosive Shot.
  • Fragments of the Elder Antlers Fragments of the Elder Antlers - When Wild Spirits hits fewer than 5 targets, there is a 200% chance for each target hit to be damaged by Wild Spirits a second time.
  • Pact of the Soulstalkers Pact of the Soulstalkers - When your Resonating Arrow deals damage to a target, your party gains 5% increased critical strike chance for until cancelled.

Mage

Baseline

• Time Warp Time Warp - Allies will be unable to benefit from Bloodlust, Heroism, or Time Warp again for
  • When the effect ends, you die all affected players are frozen in time for 10 sec.

Anima Powers

• Timebreaker's Paradox Timebreaker's Paradox - Time Warp lasts 300% longer, but causes all affected players to die be frozen in time for 10 sec at the end.

Paladin

Blizzard documented a 10% damage reduction to Ashen Hallow Ashen Hallow and Hammer of Wrath Hammer of Wrath in the latest 9.1 update notes, but the changes didn't go live in Build 38627.

Baseline

• Crusader Strike Crusader Strike now costs 11% of Base Mana (was 9% of Base Mana).
  • Flash of Light Flash of Light - Expends a large amount of mana to quickly heal a friendly target for [ 168% 202% of Spell Power ].

Holy

• Infusion of Light Infusion of Light - Your critical Holy Shocks reduce the cost of your next Flash of Light by 30% or increase the healing of cause your next Holy Light by 30%. to generate 1 Holy Power.
  • Holy Paladin Holy Paladin (Spec Aura) // Damage of All Abilities reduced by 8%.
    • Decreases damage/healing by 8%: Blessed Hammer, Consecration, Crusader Strike, Eye for an Eye, Final Reckoning, Glimmer of Light, Holy Prism, Holy Shield, Holy Shock, Judgment, Light's Hammer, Sanctified Wrath, Shield of the Righteous, Zeal
      • Decreases damage/healing by 10%Judgment
  • Crusader's Might Crusader's Might (Level 15 Talent) - Crusader Strike reduces the cooldown of Holy Shock by 1.5 1.0 sec.

Protection

Retribution

Legendary Powers

• Duty-Bound Gavel Duty-Bound Gavel
    • Holy: Vanquisher's Hammer gains 1 additional charge. An additional cast of Word of Glory will automatically trigger Light of Dawn.
    • Protection, Initial: Vanquisher's Hammer gains 1 additional charge. An additional cast of Word of Glory is empowered will automatically trigger Shield of the Righteous.
    • Retribution: Vanquisher's Hammer gains 1 additional charge. An additional cast of Templar's Verdict is empowered will automatically trigger Divine Storm.

Priest

Holy

• Symbol of Hope Symbol of Hope - Bolster the morale of raid members within 40 yds. They each recover 60 sec of cooldown of a major defensive ability, and regain 12% 18% of their missing mana, over 5 sec.

PvP Talents

• Inner Light and Darkness Inner Light and Darkness - Activate to swap from one effect to the other, incurring a 12 sec cooldown.
    • Inner Light: Healing spells cost 15% less mana.
    • Inner Darkness: Spell damage and Atonement healing increased by 10%.

Legendary Powers

• Bwonsamdi's Pact Bwonsamdi's Pact - Each time you take damage from Shadow Word: Death while your Fae Guardians are active your Faeries effectiveness is increased by 25%.
  • Pallid Command Pallid Command - Casting Unholy Nova summons a Maldraxxi Champion to aid you for X seconds. Each time an ally is healed by Unholy Transfusion your Maldraxxi Champion's healing and damage done is increased by 1%, up to a maximum of X%.
  • Shadow Word: Manipulation - Mindgames gains 1 addtional charge and its cast time is increased by 50%.
  • Spheres' Harmony Spheres' Harmony - Boon of the Ascended's cooldown is reduced by 2 seconds, up to 60 sec, for each stack of Boon of the Ascended consumed by Ascended Eruption.

Shaman

PvP Talents

• Control of Lava Control of Lava has been redesigned - Flame Shock damage increased by 30%. Your Flame Shock damage over time has a 10% chance to reset the remaining cooldown on Lava Burst, and increase its damage by 15%, stacking up to 3 times. Flame Shock's damage occurs 15% more often. If Flame Shock is dispelled, a volcanic eruption wells up beneath the dispeller, exploding for [ 300% of Spell Power ] Fire damage and knocking them into the air.
  • Seasoned Winds Seasoned Winds - Interrupting a spell with Wind Shear decreases your damage taken from that spell school by 20% 15% for 12 sec.

Legendary Powers

• Elemental Conduit Elemental Conduit - Each friendly target healed by Chain Harvest automatically has Riptide applied to them. Each enemy target damaged by Chain Harvest automatically has Flame Shock applied to them.
  • Seeds of Rampant Growth Seeds of Rampant Growth - Each pulse of Fae Transfusion's damage effect reduces the cooldown of Feral Spirit by 7.0 sec.

Warlock

Aflliction

Demonology

Destruction

• Eradication Eradication (Level 15 Talent) now increases the damage of pets and guardians.

PvP Talents

• Rapid Contagion Rapid Contagion - For the next 15 sec, all of your periodic damage over time effects occur 30% 33% more often.

Legendary Powers

• Contained Perpetual Explosion Contained Perpetual Explosion - Impending Catastrophe's final explosion damage is increased by 50% plus 10% for each enemy target hit on the way to its final target.
  • Decaying Soul Satchel Decaying Soul Satchel - Each target affected by Soul Rot increases your Haste and Critical strike chance by 5% for until cancelled.
  • Languishing Soul Detritus Languishing Soul Detritus - When Scouring Tithe generates Soul Shards, gain 100% increased movement speed and 100% increased critical strike chance for 8 sec.
  • Shard of Annihilation Shard of Annihilation - Decimating Bolt also increases the critical strike chance and critical strike damage of Shadow Bolt by 15%.

Warrior

• Execute Execute - Attempts to finish off a foe, causing up to [ 268.8% 295.8% of Attack Power ] Physical damage based on Rage spent. Only usable on enemies that have less than 20% health. If your foe survives, 20% of the Rage spent is refunded.

PvP Talents

• Overwatch Overwatch has been removed.
  • Warbringer Warbringer (New PvP Talent) added. Charge roots enemies for 2 sec and emanates a shockwave past the target, rooting enemies in a 10 yd cone.

Let's nerf the Ret Pal again and again and again and let all the broken spec in peace. X')

Above all, we don't want the Ret a viable spec, oh god no, what a crime. XD

1 hour ago, Leodagan said:

Let's nerf the Ret Pal again and again and again and let all the broken spec in peace. X')

Above all, we don't want the Ret a viable spec, oh god no, what a crime. XD

Was the legendary a big nerf? Because apart from that, I don't see how a healing nerf is a nerf to ret's viability?

Wait a minute... what's that about time warp? lol

I forsee some epic trolling. I think I'll make a mage just for that and head on over to LFR for some shenanigans.

Edit: After re-reading I realize I am dumb as a soggy brick. That said "anima power" and for some reason I read it as "Conduit Power"

Edited by krapmyself

7 hours ago, Manbearpig said:

Was the legendary a big nerf? Because apart from that, I don't see how a healing nerf is a nerf to ret's viability?

If you're talking about the new legendary, yeah he's got a massive nerf by his rework, but that nerf was needed cause the "old" legendary effect was pretty broken. I'm not talking about that.

At SL launch, the Ret could compete with other strong classes. It didn't please so they nerfed WoG in PvP to the ground because when you've got 173 planets aligned you could use a big heal (with sacrifying your dps..). Not mention other nerfs about conduits, etc..

Anyway, about 9.1 patch notes, we'ce got (so far) :

• -10% dmg on Hammer of wrath (just why ? oO)

• +2% mana cost on Crusader Strike (for info, spend 3 flash of light and you're oom, so if even your basic attack will suxx your mana even more..)

• dmg/healing aura on Flash of Light down to 39% (was 67%..) and dmg calc up to 168% from 202% spell power (still looks like a nerf but I didn't tested it yet)

• Also nerfs from previous build like Aura of Reckoning (down from 250% to 200%)

The Ret shouldn't be touched from the beginning, he was fine but some people couldn't accept that the Ret was too close to the good spec.

The WoG nerf already destroyed him, he could just do the same as the others with less damage and yet he's got the nerf, not the others. Why ? oO

And for people crying about Ret Damages, we could do good damages only during our burst. Is it that hard to run for few seconds ? Using cc's ?
Beside that => 0 damage while most other spec got constant really STRONG damages (Mage, boomy, warrior, warlock (and a LOT other spec) who can keep HUGE pressure 24Hours).

As I observed, mostly whiners are very low skill players but Blizzard listen the majority so..

I just don't understand, when I play on my Boomy, my FMage or worst, my Priest, it's like I go to the option and enabled the GOD-Mode... U_x'

I don't feel at all to play the same game as I do on my Ret.

Still asking myself why I love my good old Ret so much.. 😕

P.S. : I didn't answered clearly to Manbearpig. About the healing nerf (even if the Flash of Light nerf isn't the big issue to me, WoG got clearly more impact), it affects your survivability and assist (it's an Hybrid spec from the beginning..). I'm talking mainly about PvP of course but also in PvE. BiDD I saved a few mates with my weak heals, now it won't heal at all maybe ?
In PvP, it's just horrible how they absolutely destroyed Ret survivability, especially with WoG destruction.

Edited by Leodagan