FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Staff

Daily Per-Character Dungeon Limit Removed

58522-the-burning-crusade-classic-press-

Blizzard decided to remove the daily dungeon limit on all Burning Crusade realms, effective with the launch of the Burning Crusade Classic pre-patch.

Blizzard Logo(Source)

Hello!

The daily limit was a setting that we chose with great care last year, as we measured that it would impact an extremely low number of legitimate accounts, while giving us a helpful means to limit the impact of exploitative accounts before we could detect them and close them.

Now, with The Burning Crusade Classic pre-patch upon us, we understand that players are about to play WoW in a different way as they level up their Blood Elves and Draenei and then go through the Dark Portal and level some more. Over the next few weeks, the impact of the daily limit is more difficult to know, so we’re going to remove the daily limit on all Burning Crusade realms, effective with the launch of pre-patch.

As before, we will carefully observe player activity so that we can decide what daily limit, if any, is appropriate to enact after Outland leveling activities have peaked.

Thanks!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Staff
      The Burning Crusade Classic Arena Tournament, the first TBC competition, will feature a $30K (USD) prize pool split between two regions. It will be broadcast between July 23-25 on YouTube and Twitch.
      (Source)
      Do you have what it takes to enter The Dark Portal and return to where competitive WoW first took hold? Then welcome to the Burning Crusade Classic Arena Tournament (CAT)!
      From the Ruins of Lordaeron to the Ring of Trials, Burning Crusade Classic has taken players back to where World of Warcraft PvP took off. To celebrate not only the return of The Dark Portal but the birth of World of Warcraft Arena, we are bringing you the Burning Crusade Classic Arena Tournament. Our first Burning Crusade competition will feature a $30,000 (USD) prize pool split between two regions, Americas and Europe, broadcast July 23-25 on YouTube and Twitch. The top 10% of all players will also receive the original Vanquisher title, representing the best of the best Arena competitors wherever you venture in Outland.
      Burning Crusade holds a special place in the history of competitive WoW, and we hope to showcase that history and our deep love for Arena and the community that has built up around it for the past 14 years. We can’t wait for you to join us at an event full of familiar faces, special guests, and some of the best Arena PvP skills that CAT has to offer. Here’s everything you need to know to compete!

Are You Prepared?
      Gather your teammates and head back to where it all started:
      Registration: OPEN NOW and closes on July 9. Register on Gamebattles for NA and EU. Qualifiers: July 17-18 Format: 3v3, Best of 3 Double-Elimination Top 8 Broadcast: July 23-25 Format: 3v3, Best of 5 Double-Elimination Prize: $30,000 (USD), split into $15,000 per region 1st: $5,000 2nd: $3,500 3rd: $2,000 4th: $1,500 5th/6th: $1,000 7th/8th: $500 Vanquisher: Top 10% of players will be able to show off their Arena prowess once again with the Vanquisher title!
      Join us, Supatease, Venruki, Ziqo, and some special guests in July as this Completely Awesome Tournament storms into the Burning Crusade Classic Arena! Be sure to follow WoW Esports on Twitter to be up-to-date as we share new details ahead of this celebratory event. And don’t miss a single moment of CAT on July 23-25, live on YouTube and Twitch. We’ll see you in Outland!
    • By Starym
      More BCC hotfixes arrive with a fix for the Consecration thread bug and more.
      June 15 (Source)
      Short term buffs are no longer removed upon the Arena gates opening, true to 2.4.3 reference. Fixed an issue where the events from “Deathblow to the Legion” Netherstorm quest could fail to progress. Paladins who are defeated in Netherstorm or Tempest Keep dungeons and resurrect automatically at the Spirit Healer will once again generate threat with their periodic abilities. Fixed an issue where weapon master’s would also teach the Crossbows skill when learning the Bows skill. Fixed an issue where Priest’s Shadowfiend would attack enemies that are crowd-controlled. Fixed an issue where some dungeons and raids were not applying PvP rules on PvP servers, causing PvP flags to incorrectly expire.
    • By Staff
      The Classic Arena is ready to go starting with this reset! Blizzard have put all the details in the post below so check it out:
      Arena Season 1 (Source)
      Are you ready to rumble? Burning Crusade Arena Season 1 has begun calling forth the finest combatants in all of Outland to converge and compete in three arenas—Ring of Trials in Nagrand, the Circle of Blood in Blade’s Edge Mountains, and the Ruins of Lordaeron above Undercity.Up for grabs are gear, mounts, title rewards, and most importantly—immortal glory. Step into the arena, champion, and test your mettle.
      If you’re not familiar with how the Arena system works, read our article on the honor system updates for Burning Crusade Classic.
      Entering the Arena
      Once you have your team of 2, 3, or 5 players ready, you can queue for arenas by talking to an Arena Battlemaster. All Arena Teams begin at 0 team rating and must climb their way through the ranks. Communication and coordination is key!
      In Season 1, certain PvP items will have personal rating requirements to purchase in addition to their Arena point cost. Once purchased, even if your personal rating drops below the threshold, you’ll still be able to equip it. The rating requirements are as follows:
      Shoulders require 2000 personal rating Weapon requires 1850 personal rating Arena points—the currency required to purchase Arena gear—are awarded during the weekly reset and are based on the team that earned the most points. To qualify for Arena points, your personal rating must be within 150 of the rating of your team, with at least 10 games played, and you must have participated in 30% of your team’s games the previous week.
      Obtaining Arena Gear
      Once you earn Arena points, various vendors will make their wares available to you. Travel to the Ring of Trials in Nagrand, Circle of Blood in Blade's Edge Mountains, or Area 52 in Netherstorm to find them.
      Seasonal Rewards
      At the end of each Arena season, eligible players get rewards based on their rating. Season 1 features a unique title—the “Infernal Gladiator”— and players who reach the top of the bracket in their region will receive seasonal rewards as follows:
      Infernal Gladiator (Top 0.1%) Gladiator (Top 0.5%) Duelist (Top 0.5% – 3%) Rival (Top 3% – 10%) Challenger (Top 10% – 35%) In addition, recipients of the Infernal Gladiator and Gladiator titles will also receive a Swift Nether Drake mount—an extremely fast flying mount only available during Season 1.
      To qualify for a seasonal reward, your personal arena rating needs to be within 100 points of your team’s rating, and you must have participated in 20% of your team’s games.
      Players will need to win at least 50 games to qualify for a seasonal reward. Once a season has ended and a new one begins, the previous season's Arena gear can be purchased without the requirement of a specific rating.
      The Arenas await you. It’s time to earn your place among legends, champion.
    • By Starym
      A lot has been said about the recent toxicity of WoW players, and PvP has been more aggressive on this topic for a longer time, with battleground chat in particular always being a bit of a minefield. Well, today we see an example of how it can work out pretty well, thanks to great players and agriculture.
      So before you click the article off and (rightfully) think I've lost it and am just rambling: during a Classic Alterac Valley game (obviously, AVs are prime chat territory) a player was commenting on their recent big mango harvest in the general BG chat when another player just... asked for one. Tiger_Tesla was idly chatting about their 100lbs of mangos when the wonderfully named Tuchmynutsap (who, shockingly, is a Rogue) just asked for one, and then whispered their mailing address. So far so cute chat interaction, funny guy asked for a mango, but the kicker is, Tiger_Tesla actually sent some! 

Source.
      This has to be the most fruity thing to happen in WoW since the Suramar Arcandor quests, and will be one hell of a surprise for Tuchmynutsap when the mangos arrive (and hopefully we'll get a comment on it on reddit when they do). Here are a few comments from Tiger_Tesla, who posted the whole thing to reddit:
      The box is where I put the fruit when I picked it. Its still sitting in my kitchen. I then put 5 mangos in a bad, walked to the post office, and asked him how I can send this to a "friend" in AZ. He said the cheapest way was in the envelope you see there. He then gave me the sticker to fill out, I took a picture of the bag with the sticker BEFORE I put it on, then shipped it out. I was going to provide a tracking number but then realized that would reveal public information
      Tracking says they arrive thursday
      See, here I was thinking the worst plot twist would be the fruit being destroyed in transit, resulting in a rotten bag of mush. The idea of Tuchmy coming on reddit and being like "Lol nerds. That was a fake address. Some people are so gullible" would be the ultimate toxic plot twist.
      Not sending that box lol. Picked out 4 or 5 good ones. It would be $22 by weight, but using a flat rate envelope was ~$8
      The ones i sent were probably 4-5 days from fully ripe. I wanted them a little harder so they would survive the trip And since this is reddit, someone seemingly already knows who is as well, so we'll be finding out the fate of the mangos after all!
      Weird small world moment. Tuchmynutsap-Whitemane is my guild leader
      I'll bring it up in guild chat tonight if he hasn't already been made aware.  - Ghetto_Blaster And finally, to being this little agricultural detour back to what's really important, Tiger_Tesla used this newfound attention for the correct cause:
      Thank you all for the awards and kind words! Im going shamelessly use this moment to say that my guild Nightshift on Sulfuras is recruiting. We raid from the hours of 11pm-2:30am eastern time (US) and we currently have openings for all classes, but specifically: Enh shaman, Ret Paladin, Hunter, Mage, and Warlock for our 3x25man rosters. You can visit sulfurasnightshift.com to submit an application
      So, now that Tuchmynutsap has EVERYBODY beat in the "weirdest thing to happen in a BG" conversation (at lest if the address was indeed theirs), let's see if someone can get 2nd place - what's the weirdest thing that's happened to you in a battleground?
    • By Starym
      More hotfixes for Classic, with new Jewelcrafting designs for epic gems, honor fixes and more.
      June 14 (Source)
      Priest’s Prayer of Mending now displays on the Raid-style party frames. The Alliance now receive the correct amount of bonus honor in Eye of the Storm. Flag captures in Eye of the Storm no longer grant bonus honor, true to 2.4.3 behavior. The Jewelcrafting design patterns for Don Julio's Heart and Crimson Sun are now available on Consortium vendors. Fixed an issue where Rested would sometimes become active outside of a rest area. Fixed an issue where quest givers can fail to offer the Call to Arms daily if it was for Arathi Basin.