FORUMS
Damien

Enhancement Shaman Leveling

This thread is for comments about our Enhancement Shaman Leveling guide for TBC Classic.

Guest Teagan

Quick suggestion- I think the talent choices for levels 15-20 should be swapped, you can't get ghost wolf until 20 so I think it makes more sense to take points in thundering strikes first

15 minutes ago, Guest Teagan said:

Quick suggestion- I think the talent choices for levels 15-20 should be swapped, you can't get ghost wolf until 20 so I think it makes more sense to take points in thundering strikes first

You're right, I forgot that even though TBC brings a lot of quality of life improvements, making Ghost Wolf available a bit sooner is not one of them 🙂 gonna change it accordingly, thanks!

56 minutes ago, Guest Teagan said:

Actually went a lot further and changed a significant part of the tree, as well as added Stoneclaw Totem to the rotation (against multiple enemies) based on my experiences with the pre-patch, your comment was a great catalyzer for improvement, thanks again! (might take a while for the site to update)

4 hours ago, Guest Noob sham said:

why shield ? when you go DW at 40 ?

It is meant for Shamans leveling from scratch, as they'll likely be using 1h + shield for a good while until they can get a good 2h, and even then, often you get 1h weapon quest rewards which are better than the 2h you have been using for the past levels.

5% increased Mana pool for 5 talent points is a really bad deal, but if you are already 58+, as we assume in the boosted guide, then you will already be dual wielding no matter what and at that point you can drop the shield specialization and pick it up since its better than nothing.

Guest guest shaman

Another note, you have stormstrike as the talent at 40 and dw at 41, wouldn't it make more sense to swap those too?

29 minutes ago, Guest guest shaman said:

Another note, you have stormstrike as the talent at 40 and dw at 41, wouldn't it make more sense to swap those too?

Its kinda dependant on your setup, many people won't have two good dual wield weapons ready and in that case Stormstrike is always useful.

If you already have two great one-handers ready can pick DW first, up to you!

Guest For the Horde!

In Enhancing Totems really better than Improved Lightning Shield or Anticipation? assuming you are solo questing? Thanks!

1 hour ago, Guest For the Horde! said:

In Enhancing Totems really better than Improved Lightning Shield or Anticipation? assuming you are solo questing? Thanks!

Not for solo questing of course, would use Anticipation for leveling if not grouped up, good luck! 🙂