FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Pobar

Enhancement Lightning Bolt

For context, I'm a 563 enhance starting Heroics. I'm just looking for opinions on how people hardcast lightning bolt? I don't see any specific advice on the subject, just that lb is the bottom priority filler spell, and I generally use it as such, unless i have no maelstrom stacks and have abilities coming up before the potential cast would end. However, judging from recount dps sources I'm the only person I've encountered who does this. Generally lightning bolt ends up being my number 2 or 3 damage contribution. What guidelines do you guys follow for hardcasting? Wait till a certain number of stacks? Don't at all?

For context, I'm a 563 enhance starting Heroics. I'm just looking for opinions on how people hardcast lightning bolt? I don't see any specific advice on the subject, just that lb is the bottom priority filler spell, and I generally use it as such, unless i have no maelstrom stacks and have abilities coming up before the potential cast would end. However, judging from recount dps sources I'm the only person I've encountered who does this. Generally lightning bolt ends up being my number 2 or 3 damage contribution. What guidelines do you guys follow for hardcasting? Wait till a certain number of stacks? Don't at all?

It's pretty easy, once you get the hang of it!  You want to use LB whenever you have 4-5 Maels, and if you ever have a GCD gap while everything is on CD, you can use LB at 1 stack or higher.

Someone on here a while back worked out it was usually worth (in practice) to clear your MW stacks before a Stormstrike if you had 3+ stacks. I.e. if you have a gap pre-SS, cast LB if you're above 2 stacks.

Same thing for UE, because while Unleash Wind is up you're getting stacks mega-fast.  Once it's actually up, you can wait to get 5 stacks because you'll get them about as fast as they'd chop cast time (and still get the actual melee swings).

• Like 1

Im necroing this topic to ask one question. I searched Shaman sub forum and i didnt find similar question, so ill fire it away.

My main alt is enhance shaman, i would say decently geared. When everything procs my melee attack speed goes far below 1s attacks per second, down to .74s APS. Now.. following the logic that our GCD is reduced by Haste and WF procs will happen more, is it worth it having such high APS?

While i was speced in Ancestral Swiftness my damage chart was like this: Lava Lash, Melee, Ligh Shield..
I speced to Echo to avoid such high APS and my DPS went up for about 8-10k, my attack chart was: Lava Lash, Ligh Shield, Melee.

So.. does it worth it go have such high APS and go below 1s APS?

I'm not entirely sure what the measurement "1s attacks per second" means. If by 1s you mean "one second", you've said that you get one second attacks per second. That could either mean "one attack per second" or "one attack in each period of one second".

Not so important there, but when you move to "0.74s APS" it could mean "0.74 attacks each second" or "one attack in each period of 0.74 seconds", which is entirely different! So, count me confused.

Also I don't understand why having melee swings below the GCD is bad - is Windfury somehow tied to the GCD? My inexpertise in Enhance shows here.

Im necroing this topic to ask one question. I searched Shaman sub forum and i didnt find similar question, so ill fire it away.

My main alt is enhance shaman, i would say decently geared. When everything procs my melee attack speed goes far below 1s attacks per second, down to .74s APS. Now.. following the logic that our GCD is reduced by Haste and WF procs will happen more, is it worth it having such high APS?

While i was speced in Ancestral Swiftness my damage chart was like this: Lava Lash, Melee, Ligh Shield..

I speced to Echo to avoid such high APS and my DPS went up for about 8-10k, my attack chart was: Lava Lash, Ligh Shield, Melee.

So.. does it worth it go have such high APS and go below 1s APS?

The GCD is only reduced by haste for certain spells (such as Totems, LB, and UE) but not for abilities (such as Lava Lash and Stormstrike).

Your total Attack Speed doesn't matter at all, as Windfury is capped on an ICD and Maelstrom gen should be normalized (from the days of Slow MH / Fast Spell OH.)  Your Echo change is coincidental, and simply shows the RNG swing possible from Echo repeating Static Shock.

That said, are you achieving that much haste because you're gemmed for it?  That still sounds kind of fast.  You should be gemming for Mastery, if that is the case.

Have you tried Elemental Mastery?  With the CDR trinket (Assurance of Consequence) and glyph (Glyph of Fire Elemental Totem), EM+PE is a very powerful build.  Even EM+UF, holding EM for Fire Ele, is typically coming ahead of Echo or AS builds.

EM = Elemental Mastery

PE = Primal Elementalist

UF = Unleashed Fury

AS = Ancestral Swiftness.

Ah sorry for going full retard, i now see that i wrote it completely confusing.

Oke so its like this. With all procs my attack speed goes down to .74 sec, that is 1 attack per .74 seconds. I know that Windfury has ICD of 3s, having higher attack speed (more attacks) means more procs but since my attack speed is so low does it impacting my DPS cause of spell GCD? Is it ok to go below attack speed of 1 sec?

Update:
Hybrys to the rescue! biggrin.png Actually im reforging hit=exp>mastery=>haste>crit. Gemmed to mastery too with two haste gems on the belt. Im in extremely odd place as i have combination of warforged ToT gear and HC t16 set so i have huge amount of haste i cant rid of. My lack was not so good and i ended up with tons of gear which were upgrades, but had haste value on them as this is my alt and were currently gearing two hunters to join our main team.

Ty mate for quick answer, and sorry Stoove for going full retard :D

Edited by Bedle