FORUMS
Damien

Discipline Priest Leveling

This thread is for comments about our Discipline Priest leveling guide for TBC Classic.

Guest Naightsain

So whats up with a Gearing up Guide - I want  to play Disci as supporter - but not sure what gear is the best - so it looks like  that the disci does not do damage for healing (like later with the passaive healing) so is the same gear like holy or is it a mix from damage gearing and heal gear?

6 hours ago, Guest Naightsain said:

So whats up with a Gearing up Guide - I want  to play Disci as supporter - but not sure what gear is the best - so it looks like  that the disci does not do damage for healing (like later with the passaive healing) so is the same gear like holy or is it a mix from damage gearing and heal gear?

You are correct, it is not a mixture of damage or healing.  Disc priest was only changed in later expansions to return health back based on your damage dealt.

We will have a full in-depth Priest guide soon where it shows recommended gearing, stats etc.  Disc Priest follows the same gearing options as Holy, so you can simply use those pages to see your gear choices.

In end-game content, it is highly recommended to play Holy spec as it far exceeds Disc in terms of viability and healing.

Guest Spell Rotation

Is the Discipline spell rotation the same as Holy? I was doing some research as a 24 priest, and was surprised to see Holy Nova (10 pt Holy talent) listed in the Discipline rotation. Is there another rotation recommendation for solo leveling or PvP? Thank you for your time.

On 6/19/2021 at 10:50 PM, Guest Spell Rotation said:

Is the Discipline spell rotation the same as Holy? I was doing some research as a 24 priest, and was surprised to see Holy Nova (10 pt Holy talent) listed in the Discipline rotation. Is there another rotation recommendation for solo leveling or PvP? Thank you for your time.

Holy Nova should only be used in a dungeon scenario.  You can simply ignore it if you are not in that situation.  For solo, you'll want to do something like:
Mind Blast from max range > put Shadow Word Pain on the target while running back and waiting for your global cooldown, smite till mind blast, wand at low health