FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nyax

[BM] Some feedback

Hi Icy Veins.

Although I don't post much (at all), I read these forums a lot and I really appreciate the content all this community provides and I want to thank you for your work.

I played in a 10 men HC roster from last december to february as a guardian druid, but the roster collapsed before we killed Malko and I decided to rebuild a new project with my guild as a BM Monk. We started HC in 25 men 2 weeks ago and if we get to the Juggernaut in 2 weeks, I don't want to be the cause of wipes cause I'm too squishy.

So I wanted to know what I'm doing wrong or not doing, if I could optimize my gear to make sure I don't get OS'd (as the damages are much higher in 25 men, I felt it a lot in Juggernaut and Thok, even in normal) and so on.

So here is my armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ysondre/Xinshui/advanced

AMR link with weights : http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/9d8ff245-91da-4eb9-9150-330287a5c76e

(I know I have to remove these exp gems) wink.png

And my logs from yesterday : http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/fWVrQDjagXJZbxTt

Any advice will be appreciated, glyphes, talents, CD usage... anything

Thanks!

PS : You can even correct my english if you want, it would be helpful. tongue.png  

Edited by Nyax

Your damage layout looks great, your EB uptime vs tanking time looks great (although it looked like you used EB a little early a couple of times), and your Guards were good, although not timed great.  Remember to use them as a cooldown for a big hit, not a reaction to a big hit, as 2 of the 5 Guards go to waste on Thok.  Your gear is also good, for a crit build.  (Besides the exp gems you mention)

Now, I know you're concerned about the big hits from bosses like IJ, but have you thought about a Mastery build?  Quite a few of my friends in high-end guilds run them for 25m, just because every single hit is so dangerous, compared to the similar AoE effects.  Mastery, in this patch, is significantly better effective health than running a crit build, but it plays a lot slower, and you have to purify a lot more.  I'd definitely suggest looking into it.

Thanks for your answer, and for the filters you created to analyse my AM, I'll definitely use them in the future. I'll try to plan my guard usage a bit better, it's kinda random for a lot of bosses and you pointed this out very well for Thok. =S

Concerning the mastery build, I thought about it a bit but I don't really fancy that slower / fully defensive play style, and as I got a lot of items with mastery I was thinking it would be enough, but I think I will get more mastery when I'll get to the IJ, just to feel safer.

Can I consider an hybrid build? Like crit to 40/50% then go for mastery? Or keep my crit gems and reforge my gear to mastery, so I could switch back easily to crit if I want to (a normal clean for instance)?

Also, I'm actually running 7000 haste and I'm confortable with it, should I go for 8000 as I will have to purify a lot more?

Thanks for your answer, and for the filters you created to analyse my AM, I'll definitely use them in the future. I'll try to plan my guard usage a bit better, it's kinda random for a lot of bosses and you pointed this out very well for Thok. =S

Concerning the mastery build, I thought about it a bit but I don't really fancy that slower / fully defensive play style, and as I got a lot of items with mastery I was thinking it would be enough, but I think I will get more mastery when I'll get to the IJ, just to feel safer.

Can I consider an hybrid build? Like crit to 40/50% then go for mastery? Or keep my crit gems and reforge my gear to mastery, so I could switch back easily to crit if I want to (a normal clean for instance)?

Also, I'm actually running 7000 haste and I'm confortable with it, should I go for 8000 as I will have to purify a lot more?

Hybrid builds are definitely viable, you just have to tweak it until you're comfortable with both the speed and incoming/outgoing damage.  I'd aim for ~20% Mastery (or ~14500 rating) which makes your Stagger 20% + 20% from stance + 20% from Shuffle.  You should be able to easily get that from purely reforges, and should sit you around 42% crit in current gear.

I'd stick with 7k Haste, as you really won't be purifying that much more often.  You'll just want to practice holding one Chi for emergency Purifys.

For fight specific things, don't underestimate the value of Zen Med to mitigate the DoT damage, and remember to use Dampen Harm and Guard as cooldowns for incoming boss damage OR against the bombs.

Let me know how it goes!

So, adjusted my priority this way :

haste to 7000 > mastery to 15% > crit > mastery over 15%

And I'll raise my mastery cap to 20 when we will get to the IJ.

I also remained to fix my cap without changing all my gems : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ysondre/Xinshui/advanced

I'll focus on my AM and CDs usage for the next raids, and I'll let you know about the result of the raids of the week. ;)