FORUMS
Damien

Frost Single-Target Mage Leveling

This thread is for comments about our Frost Single-Target Mage leveling guide for TBC Classic.

Guest Desertwind

FOR A FROST MAGE:

Fine...now I "know" what to do at level 60...

What do I do at level 16, 17 or 25 etc???

How do I spend my first few talent points and what order do I progress in.  Your chart just shows the totals?  (Where do I put talent point #1...#2...#3 etc, up to 40, 50, or even 60

It seems kind of ridiculous to wait until level 60 to buy conjure food and/or water (or are you saying you should already have it and just buy the upgrade???)  I have not idea what spells are available at those "cloud levels"

If this is supposed to be teaching somebody who does not know what their are doing, you are leaving out allot of information.

I am looking for a build who will spend allot of time playing solo and sometimes having a pickup second...having a decent AOE for mobs, but not specialized in it and joining in the 5 person groups for dungeons.

I am not trying to be critical of your information...I just do not understand allot of it (references, abbreviations and things left out (order to spend talent points)

Thank you for taking the time to do all of this.

On 6/3/2021 at 2:49 AM, Guest Desertwind said:

FOR A FROST MAGE:

How do I spend my first few talent points and what order do I progress in.  Your chart just shows the totals?  (Where do I put talent point #1...#2...#3 etc, up to 40, 50, or even 60

It seems kind of ridiculous to wait until level 60 to buy conjure food and/or water (or are you saying you should already have it and just buy the upgrade???)  I have not idea what spells are available at those "cloud levels"

If this is supposed to be teaching somebody who does not know what their are doing, you are leaving out allot of information.

I am looking for a build who will spend allot of time playing solo and sometimes having a pickup second...having a decent AOE for mobs, but not specialized in it and joining in the 5 person groups for dungeons.

I am not trying to be critical of your information...I just do not understand allot of it (references, abbreviations and things left out (order to spend talent points)

Hello Desertwind,

criticism like yours is always welcome and very important for us to improve the quality of our guides. Maybe, most of your questions can be answered if you use the slider and adjust it to the level you want the guide to display, as shown in the image below.

If you could be a bit more specific about what you do not understand from the references, abbreviations, etc., pleasebe a bit more specific, and I will help you as good as I can 🙂

image.jpg

Guest Teleport

Teleport is learnable at lvl 30, not 20 as stated in the guide.

Guest My bad
5 hours ago, Wrdlbrmpft said:

Hi, which teleports are you talking about?

My bad!  I was looking at the TB teleport, not the Org, UC, and Silvermoon teleports...please forget I said anything.

Guest What?
On 6/2/2021 at 5:49 PM, Guest Desertwind said:

FOR A FROST MAGE:

It literally breaks down what talent, rotation, everything, per level in the guide. I don't know how much further they could break it down for you. Are you not using the level slider?

Uncommon Patron

As I level, strictly following this guide can lead to major challenges if the enemy is immune to frost.  I would recommend still having a backup spell in fire or arcane--not sure what the best secondary spell is, but when you go through the rotation and see "immune" showing repeatedly, it causes panic and makes what should be a simple battle quite challenging with the rotation presented.  For example, I was level 28 and trying to attack level 23 "Befouled Water Elementals" in Ashenvale was not simple.  🙂