FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

Cool Looking Maps for Old Lordaeron, Current Stormwind, Elwynn and Durotar

2VNu0ME.jpg

We have some nice-looking fan made maps to check out today, with a pre-third war (Eastern) Lordaeron and some more current ones, all made in Inkarnate!

Two players recently took to cartography, and ejl42's map of Lordaeron before the third war is the most interesting, with some creative license in there for smaller settlement names and setups, but it's all based on available knowledge and looks very... green:

vtzob55tt1071.jpg
Source.

And then there's the more time-accurate Kingdom of Stormwind map:

iyev55tokxz61.jpg
Source.

With some notes from ejl42 on both:

Thank you for the appreciation on my recent Kingdom of Stormwind map. This is another I did of Eastern Lordaeron prior to the Third War. You’ll notice names like Vandermar Village and Hasic which are somewhat canon. Brookridge and The Greatwood I put in due a lack of lore representation. Enjoy!
I made these maps with the intention of designing a hearthstone/DND crossover style tabletop RPG based in alternate reality where the Lich king corrupts the Wrynn family instead of the Menethils and so the butterfly effect after that would change the story afterwards
Hasic is suggested to be on the Eastern seafront... so there’s a bit of assumption on my part that actually the DK area is an adaptation of Hasic
Parts of it were from looking at the existing maps, some parts were from memory of the area in game.. sadly there’s no tracing option ?
Thanks, I intend to! I love it, it just takes a long time. This may have taken me in the region of 15 hours as I wanted to get in a lot of smaller details even down to the angles of beaches etc [for the Lordaeron one]
In terms of WoW yes it was added in WOTLK however Stormwind harbour was noted as early as Warcraft 1 as it was sacked by the Horde in the First War. It’s sort of like an anti-retcon that it was only added later in the WoW timeline.

We then have two actual zone maps by Grazzbek to check out, with Elwynn and Durotar getting the Inkarnate treatment, also with some added original spots as well.

964vgb4zga071.jpg
Source.

ey0tsuy0go071.jpg
Source.

I'm DMing a Warcraft DnD campaign and have been recreating maps to try and scale the world up and flesh it out more. This is one of four completed so far. Guildies told me to post these to the wow subreddit so...I guess I'll start with one of the least changed ones.
[For Stormwind] That's just the stamp I used. The stamp is supposed to represent a city. Kinda gotta work with what ya got.
[On some of the settlements]Made them up myself. The scaling I used made the distance between the settlements of Elwynn far too large for there only to be Westbrook, Goldshire, Northshire, Eastvale, and Stormwind
People seemed to like the Elwynn Forest map so here's Durotar.
Some changes:

• The flooded road leading to the Barrens has a boardwalk (as I figured it would have one built after the cataclysm)
  • Due to map scaling, Dranosh'ar Blockade and Bladefist Bay were made into independent settlements
  • Watch Towers were added along the canyon (it is a 3 day in the journey through the canyon in the campaign)
  • Increased presence of the Darkspear in the surrounding islands of the Echo Isle

Some really nice work there and it's always great to see more of Azeroth mapped out, even with some creative personal additions to flesh it out even more!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Staff
      Executive Producer Holly Longdale teased some upcoming experimental PvE-focused content that Blizzard will soon reveal to the community.
      It appears that Plunderstorm isn't the only new mode Blizzard plans to add to WoW this year.
      Holly Longdale today teased an upcoming PvE-oriented event that will soon be revealed to us. Holly might be talking about the "Timerunning Pandamonium," expected in Patch 10.2.7.
      (Source)
      Greetings Citizens of Azeroth,
      It’s been great seeing so many players taking the plunge into Plunderstorm and we’ve loved seeing all of the stories and feedback as this experimental event evolves. It will be exciting to see some of the community content creators going head-to-head as duos during the Plunderstorm Creator Royale on March 30!  This isn’t the end of the things we want to try in World of Warcraft, however, and we have more in store we can’t wait to show you.
      Dragonflight Season 4 is in route as testing begins on the PTR and we’ll have more news to share soon™ on the next experiment we have up our sleeves. We hope those of you who are looking for PvE focused content will enjoy what we’re planning, all while we continue to press forward on development of our next expansion for World of Warcraft— The War Within.
      We can’t wait to share with you all the many things the team has been hard at work on.
      With gratitude and excitement for what we’ll do together next,
      Holly Longdale
    • By Stan
      Blizzard just pushed an encrypted Patch 10.2.7 build to the WoW Dev 3 CDN branch.
      WoW Dev 3 has been updated from 10.2.6.53840 to 10.2.7.53954. The build is encrypted and we can't datamine it.
      Placeholder for tweet 1773384989314298365 13 days ago, we saw the very first encrypted Patch 10.2.7 build on a different branch (WoW Vendor 2).
      Placeholder for tweet 1768106695425700174 According to the 2024 roadmap, Patch 10.2.7, dubbed Dark Heart, is set to introduce new features such as Timerunning Pandamonium, Harbinger Quests, Troll & Draenei Heritage Armor, and a new holiday event.

• By Stan
      We've looked at the Mythic+ Tier List for the first time in Patch 10.2.6!
      DISCLAIMER
      The following post is based on data from U.GG. Therefore, the data presented here may differ from Petko's Mythic Tier Lists maintained on our site.
      How the Data is Calculated
      U.GG's tier list is created by evaluating damage and healing scores from the very best players and factoring in the frequency of each spec's appearances in the highest rankings of the current Mythic+ season. The tier list of each spec is determined by its effectiveness and prevalence at the highest levels of Mythic+ play.
      Mythic+ Tier List for Dragonflight Season 3 Week 20
      This week's affixes are: Tyrannical, Afflicted, and Bolstering.
      Healer Tier List
      S-Tier Mistweaver Monk A-Tier: Restoration Druid Discipline Priest Holy Priest B-Tier: Restoration Shaman Preservation Evoker C-Tier: Holy Paladin
      Tank Tier List
      S-Tier: Vengeance Demon Hunter A-Tier: Protection Paladin Blood Death Knight B-Tier: Guardian Druid Brewmaster Monk C-Tier Protection Warrior (down from B-Tier)
      DPS Tier List
      S-Tier: Retribution Paladin Shadow Priest (up from A-Tier) Fire Mage A-Tier: Outlaw Rogue Havoc Demon Hunter (down from S-Tier) Augmentation Evoker Demonology Warlock Fury Warrior Beast Mastery Hunter Balance Druid Destruction Warlock Arms Warrior (up from B-Tier) B-Tier: Windwalker Monk (down from A-Tier) Elemental Shaman Unholy Death Knight Enhancement Shaman Frost Mage Survival Hunter Frost Death Knight Marksmanship Hunter (up from C-Tier) Feral Druid  C-Tier: Arcane Mage (down from B-Tier) Devastation Evoker Subtlety Rogue Affliction Warlock Assassination Rogue
    • By Staff
      Here's a video explaining all Plunderstorm skills under 10 minutes.
      Whether you're a seasoned player in need of a quick refresher on what Plunderstorm brings to the table, or you're new to the game mode altogether, this video has you covered. It breaks down each ability in detail, thanks to BBB.
    • By Staff
      Dragonflight Season 4 adds a new world quest for Spark of Awakening.
      To get your Spark of Awakening, you must complete a different quest every week.
      The weekly quest is available from Therazal in central Valdrakken. There are 3 options, but only one is active every week, similar to how Awakened raids rotate.

Dragon Isles Quest
      Participate in a Community Feast Participate in a Hunt Lay siege to Dragonbane Keep Zaralek Cavern Quest
      Protect the Researchers Under Fire Loot a Secured Shipment (Suffusion Camp) Complete a Time Rift Amirdrassil Quest
      Earn 50 Bloom during the Superbloom Complete a Superbloom Plant 3 Dreamseeds Quest Rewards
      Completing any of the 3 quests above grants the Season 4 spark fragment (Splintered Spark of Awakening) via Weekly Awakened Activity and a Cache of Awakened Storms.
      You will need two Splintered Spark of Awakening and 250 Flightstones to create one Spark of Awakening.