FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Shard of Domination 3-Set Bonuses in Patch 9.1

58627-sanctum-of-domination-raid-testing

If you equip 3 Shards of Domination sockets of the same type, you will activate various set bonuses that will work in the Maw, Korthia, and the Sanctum of Domination raid.

9.1 raid gear comes with a new type of sockets called Shards of Domination. There are 3 types of sockets: Blood, Frost, and Unholy. When you equip 3 sockets of the same typeRunic Dominion Runic Dominion will grant you the power of a Rune Word (3-set bonus).

• Runic Dominion Runic Dominion - The presence of Domination magic is especially strong in this area. Equipping 3 Shards of Domination of the same type will grant you the power of a Rune Word. 

Shards of Domination Set Bonuses

Here are the 3 set bonuses that will activate when you equip 3 sockets of the same type in Sanctum of Domination. The tooltip values are incorrect at this time, but they do give us a good idea about how Blizzard plans on making raid gear BiS for raiding in Patch 9.1, as revealed a while ago by Game Director Ion Hazzikostas.

Blood 3-Piece Set Bonus

• Blood Link Blood Link - While inside the Maw or Torghast, damaging an enemy establishes a Blood Link. Blood Link pulses every 3 sec, dealing 0 Shadow damage and healing you for 100% of damage dealt. If your Blood Link would overheal you, it instead heals a nearby ally. Limit 1.

Frost 3-Piece Set Bonus

• Winds of Winter Winds of Winter - While inside the Maw or Torghast, each time you deal a critical strike, the Winds accumulate 6% of that effect, up to a cap of 0 per critical strike. Every 20 sec, the Winds unleash, dealing Frost damage equal to the total accumulation and surrounding you in the Winds for 20 sec, absorbing 100% of damage dealt by the Winds.

Unholy 3-Piece Set Bonus

• Chaos Bane Chaos Bane - While inside the Maw or Torghast, your spells and abilities have a chance to drain a Soul Fragment from your target, granting you 0 Primary stat for 30 sec and stacking up to 15 times. When you reach 15 stacks, unleash Chaos Bane, dealing 3 Shadow damage split between nearby enemies and granting you 0 Primary stat for 15 sec.

So let me understand they want to make certain gear pathing more viable inside of that particular content.

Make sense, I don't care for it, but I get the idea.

So we then take a shared area such as torghast that all pvp'ers, raiders, and m+ will need to participate in in order to craft legendries to still compete and participate optimally in their given area.

Then we are going to tie in a raid specific item into torghast giving that particular player base an edge going into a patch where torghast is converting from a win or loss to a rating system where your rating will dictate your rewards?

Awesome job Blizzard. Great content.

Why do we still play?

Edited by Ain

3 hours ago, Ain said:

Then we are going to tie in a raid specific item into torghast giving that particular player base an edge going into a patch where torghast is converting from a win or loss to a rating system where your rating will dictate your rewards?

It seems you misunderstood. 

In 9.1 PVP gear will be the best gear in PVP content. For Mythic+ we have better options in form of currencies you can get from Great Vault (IMO it should be more i mean like 500 Valor something like ) 

Making PVE gear be better at PVE content is logical but the thing is you can do Torghast in 9.1 with PVP gear and get all rewards easily. Torghast is not hard at all. There is star based system but gear type wont make much different i promise you that you will get everything done in PVE section with PVP gear too. Only important thing is iLVL of gear. Only exception is Mythic raiding and super high keys which is not a surprise. For a average player who focus on PVP they should clear Torghast easily each week. For average PVE player they should cap their weakly Honor/Conquest easily.

IMO this changes are for those high end raiders, Mythic+ players, high end PVPers and ...

Don't be sad over this things and believe me you can get everything you want in each season if you just play it.

You can focus on PVE and PVP at same time and you get all rewards for both. Or if you focus on 1 of them then you will be able to do other ones standard contents levels without any pain. Here with this set bonuses for Torghast for example there wont be much difference in outcome and there won't be any different at all when it comes to rewards. Any player with any type of gear focus will clear Torghast and get all rewards. This set bonuses are for Torghast and world quests in Maw and i think Korthia too. Its not a big daily honestly. If i am a PVP focused player i will remember PVE focus player will get this bonuses when completing World Quests in Maw or doing Torghast but i get extra 13 iLVL in all PVP contents. But without that set bonuses its not like i cant complete World Quests or they hard for me because its not. We all know its not. Lets not whine about everything.

Remember now there are people even completing Torghast WITHOUT any gear equiped. 

This new things in the game are necessary for 10% of players who are min-maxers. high end raider. DPS pars masters. high end PVP players and i think we even need more this things because those 10% always go extra mile to achieve extraordinary things which most of the time we see on Icyveins and they deserve this.

15 hours ago, Ain said:

So let me understand they want to make certain gear pathing more viable inside of that particular content.

So we then take a shared area such as torghast that all pvp'ers, raiders, and m+ will need to participate in in order to craft legendries to still compete and participate optimally in their given area.

Why do we still play?

The problem is you're confusing need to participate with want to participate. For instance, right now Torghast "recommends" a ilv 195 for layer 8 but we all know that's not really necessary. Players have completed layer 8s in Torghast with far lower ilvs. Granted, Torghast is "easier" at the higher ilvs.

Similarly in 9.1, Shard of Domination will make Torghast layers easier once players have achieved a 3 set bonus. Players will likely want the power gains to make life easier but it's not necessary.

Additionally, I doubt that a PvP player would trade their Conquest PvP gear (which gets an ilv boost in PvP) for a weaker gear piece even with the set bonus. In other words, the bonuses should be tuned in such a way that higher ilv still valued more than the set-bonus proc. 

And finally, as to the win/loss rating system in Torghast. The rating system only exists to push progression to a higher layer. Once you reach layer 12, a five star/gem rating doesn't unlock a non-existent (for now) layer 13. Now a five star/gem rating may allow you to reach the new floor 7 boss but last I checked that also requires Torghast research at rank 3 as well.

20 hours ago, Ain said:

Why do we still play?

So let me get this straight, they made progression in Torghast gated behind your own performance rather than time gating (which Torghast isn't that damn difficult in the first place), and you're concerned that you're going to be behind in collecting Soul Cinders for the higher ranks of legendary gear in 9.1 over *checks notes* a minor QoL buff that just makes running Torghast slightly quicker and won't make or break completing Torghast runs?

Edited by SidonisAntares

21 hours ago, SidonisAntares said:

So let me get this straight, they made progression in Torghast gated behind your own performance rather than time gating (which Torghast isn't that damn difficult in the first place), and you're concerned that you're going to be behind in collecting Soul Cinders for the higher ranks of legendary gear in 9.1 over *checks notes* a minor QoL buff that just makes running Torghast slightly quicker and won't make or break completing Torghast runs?

My complaint is that they stated they wanted to make gear pathing more targeted to the areas that people will play and benefit more in then decided to take one of those gear paths and include a benefit to a shared area that all players will need to participate in. I don't care how easy or difficult the content is.