FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kazistrasz

[Balance] Overhaul Inc: What Would You Like to See?

After perhaps hearing our complaints of nothing new happening to laser chickens, we've finally heard they've got big stuff in the works!

am6jOcP.png

Celestalon later tweeted that we're getting "fundamental" updates partly because of the high learning curve (hard to get in the groove, easy to perfect, so he claims).

Here's my question: what would you guys like to see in these big changes?

Personally, I'd like to see something done to make us better at lower gear levels - we're more dependent on having significant amounts of a single, secondary stat than pretty much any other class except warriors. If they could reduce our crit-dependency (maybe make Starsurge procs based on something other than purely a chance on DoT crit), I'd be happy.

I think it would be nice if Shooting Stars went up to two stacks, but that's just a QOL thing to not lose quite so many from Moonfire/Sunfire proccing in tandem - if you're just not good at quickly utilizing your procs you'll still see quite the loss.

I'd also like to see Wild Mushroom given a treatment to sort of mirror the resto mushroom - make it one big one instead of three so we only need a single GCD to place it (reduces damage it has to do in order to have a valuable DPET). Also give it some way of building up a charge instead of being immediately worthwhile to Detonate. Perhaps as a % of DoT ticks with DR for multiple targets, or simply on a timer that builds to a cap exponentially - something to make it a "do I use it now with damage on all of these targets or continuing letting it build for higher damage per target later?" type of situation.

And fire mages, they have a ridiculous dependency on crit as well. Honestly, I'd like the AoE to be a bit more up to scratch, It doesn't need to turn into Destro FnB quality, but Hurricane and Astral Storm hit like wet noodles, and it'd be nice to have some AoE capability beyond tab target multidotting everything.

That's a good point on the AoE. I didn't include mages, because they can at least go into frost or arcane at lower gear levels. We don't have another option while still being a ranged DPS.

I think if they fix Wild Mushroom well enough, it could provide the snap AoE we're missing.

I would like to see less of a dependency of multi-dotting in order to increase single target damage.  They started to do it by decreasing the % gained after x targets, but it still seems silly rotational wise.

oh, and feral with mastery rolleyes.gif