FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

3 Encrypted Cinematics Available in Patch 9.1

54562-most-popular-classes-and-specializ

3 encrypted Patch 9.1 cinematics are currently present in the game files. These usually contain spoilers, so we will need to wait until June 29 to watch them.

All combined, the cinematics have 7.46 minutes.

• interface/cinematics/shadowlands_910_950and952_1920.avi is 2 minutes and 25 seconds long and has 69.09 MB.
  • interface/cinematics/shadowlands_910_951_1920.avi is 3 minutes and 7 seconds long and has 88.32 MBs.
  • interface/cinematics/shadowlands_910_953_1920.avi has 1 minute and 56 seconds and 54.67 MBs.

There are also lower-resolution versions of the same cinematics present in the game files (1080p / 640p). What do you hope to see there?

I just want a satisfying conclusion to the Sylvanas storyline. Plus, since we'll definetly get 9.2 and not 9.3, I hope we also get a tease for the next expac

56 minutes ago, Dejo93 said:

I just want a satisfying conclusion to the Sylvanas storyline. Plus, since we'll definetly get 9.2 and not 9.3, I hope we also get a tease for the next expac

i hope they give us something good i dont want her back thats not possible but i dont want her just to be dead and thats the end

1 hour ago, Dejo93 said:

wont be satisfying they said a while back they wont "garoosh" her id bet its gunna be a redemption arc which most players are against. i am too id only be happy if they dies for good . be even happier if arthas or uther deals the killing blow    

• Like 1

My hope for her "redemption" is she tells us how to save Anduin. It would show remorse without her getting any personal cheese. Anything else will likely be hollow.

3 hours ago, N3ilo said:

i hope they give us something good i dont want her back thats not possible but i dont want her just to be dead and thats the end

Very unlikely that they would kill her now, most likely she will live until another patch. Hopefully not a redemption story, but probably it's going to be just that. With how many cinematics there are, it's pretty much confirmed that this is a middle patch and 9.2 will be the last one for this expansion. Can't see how they would stretch this even further, especially with those delays. Jailer's story should wrap up within next patch.

2 hours ago, Laragon said:

My hope for her "redemption" is she tells us how to save Anduin. It would show remorse without her getting any personal cheese. Anything else will likely be hollow.

This is my bet. It's the only thing which doesn't feel completely off to me. 

My singular wish is that she doesn't replace Bolvar. He was the one dude I showed up for and his current job is apparently to be everybody's punching bag. I wouldn't even call it a bad end for her. I just want Bolvar to be cool again. 

45 minutes ago, Arcling said:

Can't see how they would stretch this even further, especially with those delays.

Surprise!!! It was all the fault of the Legion! 😱

Edited by Halock

2 hours ago, Halock said:

technicly its all the fault of some prince that coulnd leave the glowinng sword alone

6 hours ago, N3ilo said:

technicly its all the fault of some prince that coulnd leave the glowinng sword alone

Just blame the horse that dared to die on him and give him enough PTSD to pick it up.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Rahulv21 said:

Will be get any CGI based cinematic or not ? Or all cinematic will be like normal Ingame type ?

That's an interesting note.

Battle for Azeroth was RIPE with AWESOME cinematics. Was it just a one time thing? Did they plan to do more but then their budget was slashed?

On topic: I've said it many times, but I'm just done with the emphasis on Sylvanas. I get it appeals to so many types of fans (fans of elves, fans of undead, fans of archers, fans of women in games, fans of edgelords, etc), but as an OG warcraft fan, I'm just done. I wish we had a few more orcs, trolls, dwarves and gnomes that got some love.

1 hour ago, TyZone said:

gnomes

thats really what we need more cool and clever gnomes and that comes from a hord guy i wish we could borow some of them 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Teufel said:

Just blame the horse that dared to die on him and give him enough PTSD to pick it up.

okey that comment just made the day of me and my wife

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Halock said:

More like the Dreadlords! They had some master plan and were double agents all along, even when among themselves they've never mentioned it before!

5 hours ago, TyZone said:

On topic: I've said it many times, but I'm just done with the emphasis on Sylvanas. I get it appeals to so many types of fans (fans of elves, fans of undead, fans of archers, fans of women in games, fans of edgelords, etc), but as an OG warcraft fan, I'm just done. I wish we had a few more orcs, trolls, dwarves and gnomes that got some love.

Usually it's just humans, orcs and various flavors of elves who get the spotlight, which can be very boring. Other races only appear when there is some content directly tied to them, and then they disappear (but even then, most bases are in human and orcish style). Occasionally few npcs from these races will appear and that's all.

I bet Sylvanas wouldn't have as many fans if they've made her look like an undead, because she doesn't even look like one. To most people, especially those unfamiliar with lore, she looks like a dark elf from other fantasy works. Cinematics were probably for special occasion, that being one of their most favored characters, Thrall.

Edited by Arcling
  • Like 1

On 6/20/2021 at 10:34 AM, TyZone said:

Battle for Azeroth was RIPE with AWESOME cinematics. Was it just a one time thing? Did they plan to do more but then their budget was slashed?

I don't know the answer, but something interesting...

They made a lot of cinematics in BFA and to (I presume) cut down on what must be the most demanding part of the process they reused character models constantly.

There's really quite a limited cast once you notice. Thrall, Anduin, Genn, Saurfang, Zappyboy and Sylvanas all appear multiple times. Bannerlady from Saurfang's last cinematic seems to be based on the archer models from the main trailer. The rogues also look like they're based on that model. Footmen reappear constantly. Even the skeletons from the SL trailer are reused from the WotLK trailer.

There are some which aren't reused at all -- the draenei, nelves, etc, from the annoucement trailer and Saurfang's son. But they have the camera placed on them little or at all, and don't look half as attractive when you see a still of them. 

So! They like to reuse models. And thus far in SL we've had several highly detailed models they haven't reused, because we've only had the main trailer and several short clips. These are:

Bolvar, Denathrius, the Winter Queen and the Jailor. Also Krexus but boy, he seems irrelevant now. 

Seems to me pretty likely we're going to get at least some of those in later cinematics. Also interesting: Kyrestia is the only covenant leader who doesn't get a model. It seems to me that's quite possibly because they knew they were going to use her polished in-game model instead of the HD ones.

/tinfoilhat

• Like 1

On 6/20/2021 at 3:39 PM, Arcling said:

I bet Sylvanas wouldn't have as many fans if they've made her look like an undead, because she doesn't even look like one. 

I've always thought her look is best in comparison to the undead around her. On her own she's pretty, but not necessarily unusual. Her cinematic model is wonderfully expressive though.