FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Staff

Chains of Domination Key Art

59278-patch-91-release-candidate-now-ava

A preview of the official Patch 9.1 key art.

The 9.1 key art has been revealed. In the foreground, we see Anduin holding his Mourneblade. The Jailer's shadow is right behind him and chains are descending from Torghast. In the background, there are multiple forsworn in the sky. Chains of Domination is as the name implies all about the Jailer's control over Anduin, who is used as a weapon against us.

Lich King Anduin looks just like Arthas.

vme7l10ol0671.png

Source: Reddit

By all similarities one thing most forget that Arthas voluntarily gave up his freedom and with this his body
He said he would pay any price if it helps him defeat malganis and safe his people

Anduin didn't gave up for all we know he was forced and that is possibly why he regained controll for a split sec in the cinematic

so i dont think they will share the same fate

Is that the pacifist who cried when he was granted Light powers to heal his troops? There's no making a badass out of this b'itch, just bring back Arthas so he can stomp his face and revert him back to his pathetic normal self.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, BobTheHuman said:

...just bring back Arthas so he can stomp his face and revert him back to his pathetic normal self.

I never could understand why people demand fanservice over good writing, and then go on to bash the said writing.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Teufel said:

I never could understand why people demand fanservice over good writing, and then go on to bash the said writing.

No, I'm not in favor of bringing back dead characters at all, more often than not it will only diminish what has been established prior to their death and removes all stakes. Who cares that Loki keeps dying  in the MCU? However, Arthas is showing up anyway right (that's what I've been hearing), might as well do a good deed while he's around.

8 hours ago, Teufel said:

Good writing? What are you smoking, kid?

3 hours ago, ElBilly said:

Good writing? What are you smoking, kid?

One of the best merits of good writing is knowing when to end a character's story. Arthas is a good example of a complete arc that needs no continuation, one of the few in Wow.

But then for some reason ppl were demanding Arthas since forever to ruin it, mostly with yet another dumb "redemption arc", and now with SL, when it will happen it will be executed poorly, trying to cram the staff that was not intended to be there, and people will whine about.

Try processing a statement before picking a talk, "kid".

10 hours ago, BobTheHuman said:

No, I'm not in favor of bringing back dead characters at all, more often than not it will only diminish what has been established prior to their death and removes all stakes. Who cares that Loki keeps dying  in the MCU? However, Arthas is showing up anyway right (that's what I've been hearing), might as well do a good deed while he's around.

The issue: why should he be doing a good deed. Or, anything, for the matter, any motivation would look cheap for someone who was in "magical mcguffin corruption" zone for the most of their arc.

I have a feeling that if the fanbase wasn't yelling about it all the time for no point other than nostalgia, they might've just let a sleeping dog lie, like they promised.

Edited by Teufel

On 6/22/2021 at 9:04 AM, Teufel said:

The issue: why should he be doing a good deed. Or, anything, for the matter, any motivation would look cheap for someone who was in "magical mcguffin corruption" zone for the most of their arc.

I have a feeling that if the fanbase wasn't yelling about it all the time for no point other than nostalgia, they might've just let a sleeping dog lie, like they promised.

You sound like someone who believes in the integrity of WoW's storytelling and is actually excited to see where things go next, this begs the question: Are you serious?

You sound like someone who believes in the integrity of WoW's storytelling and is actually excited to see where things go next, this begs the question: Are you serious?

I sound like someone who has seen fulfilling "fan demands" ruin the writing of quite a few shows and franchises, including one example with the author not caving in and the moronic part of the 'fandom' angrily doing "a (crappy) better rewrite".

WoW's story going downhill? Obviously. Does not stop one from hoping the damage can be contained and some things, like Arthas' arc, would stay intact. But since the 'fans' were unable to contain their ovaries with "bRiNG aRthAs BaCk!!!!!1111" for years, he is going to be ruined along with Sylvanas, Uther, Elune, and God knows whom else.

But, if nothing else, it would be hillarious to watch them rage, I guess.

1 hour ago, Teufel said:

I sound like someone who has seen fulfilling "fan demands" ruin the writing of quite a few shows and franchises, including one example with the author not caving in and the moronic part of the 'fandom' angrily doing "a (crappy) better rewrite".

WoW's story going downhill? Obviously. Does not stop one from hoping the damage can be contained and some things, like Arthas' arc, would stay intact. But since the 'fans' were unable to contain their ovaries with "bRiNG aRthAs BaCk!!!!!1111" for years, he is going to be ruined along with Sylvanas, Uther, Elune, and God knows whom else.

But, if nothing else, it would be hillarious to watch them rage, I guess.

Yeah, they'll make a total embarrassment out of Arthas that's for sure, but if they at least make him destroy that little b'itch for having the audacity of weilding a true warrior's weapon and trying to look like a cool Lich King, that might be a Shadowlands cinematic I finally like.

Yeah, they'll make a total embarrassment out of Arthas that's for sure, but if they at least make him destroy that little b'itch for having the audacity of weilding a true warrior's weapon and trying to look like a cool Lich King, that might be a Shadowlands cinematic I finally like.

Irony here is you named the exact reason he cried them joy tears in BFA cinematic, which adds to his character gracefully, rather makes him "a b*tch" (and given his service record, I can't imagine a logical reason to call him one, other than "me hate on principle").

Anduin, as noted by many characters, is not a good fit for a warrior's life, but there is a calling that suits him and he's exceptionally good at it. Blaming him for not being Varian or Arthas, but rather his own person, which got 'a warrior-king' and 'a Lich King' roles forced onto him is quite silly.

20 hours ago, Teufel said:

Irony here is you named the exact reason he cried them joy tears in BFA cinematic, which adds to his character gracefully, rather makes him "a b*tch" (and given his service record, I can't imagine a logical reason to call him one, other than "me hate on principle").

Anduin, as noted by many characters, is not a good fit for a warrior's life, but there is a calling that suits him and he's exceptionally good at it. Blaming him for not being Varian or Arthas, but rather his own person, which got 'a warrior-king' and 'a Lich King' roles forced onto him is quite silly.

I'm not blaming him for not being Arthas or Varian, I just really dislike who he is and what he stands for. I don't have patience, understandig or willingness to accept characters who don't like fighting, cry and fall into deep remorse after a kill... in Warcraft, especailly if they are placed in leadership positions. Now he is being made to resemble very, very closely the greatest character in Warcraft and that pissess me off big time.