FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

@Shizwix

All the more info the better.

So if I went 14880 , I can get destro as my 2nd spec? , if I read that properly? M

Like you I always have used the imp glyph , but having trouble on what other glyphs to use?.

Also do you know how long imps are 'out' after they spawn.

And been using the drain life trick but can only get about 750k damage from it, but am I right and assuming that

Higher haste = more tick's but does that mean more damage?

Yes, you can run destro with that haste point. You'll GCD cap incinerates with Backdraft when you have haste procs running, but it's still doable.

I like using Glyph of Healthstone and Demon Training, for most fights. Healthstone turns it into a minor defensive cd, and Demon Training makes my Sac Pact a bit bigger, which never hurts.

Imps fire off 10 firebolts, and then vanish. 

Not sure on the Drain Life trick, haven't tried it myself yet, but I would guess more haste means more damage, provided you aren't sacrificing a ton of mastery for said haste.

provided you aren't sacrificing a ton of mastery for said haste.

A common misconception. Never think of it as sacrificing mastery. Haste and Mastery are arguably equal for Demonology. They just excel in different situations.

And been using the drain life trick but can only get about 750k damage from it, but am I right and assuming that

Higher haste = more tick's but does that mean more damage?

Yes, more ticks = more damage.

You need to make sure you snapshot it with procs up in meta. You can also cast it in caster form, for example at the end of a LMG proc.

Very minor gains, and likely not worth it until you are comfortable with the spec.

Edited by Liquidsteel
  • Like 1

Started playing around last night with some chatting with Zag. So much rust builds up in 8 months. I've been trying to get some practice in in flexes all day, but I can't seem to get groups that halfway understand the concept of using lust on the pull. Or we pull the boss and I somehow have neither trinket proc.

Also in need of just more gear with less haste/mastery on it and a real freaking BBoY - this 548 is killin me.

Kazistrasz I know what you mean , I tried it 2-3 weeks ago and omg it felt so alien to me , but liked the challenge.

But after going back to destro it got boring and after what was said on this post , I could feel the spec pulling me back in again lol.

Now after this weekend's Raids , I'm hooked, love the spec. Long live demonology !!

Sorry liquid, looking back at the post I put about drain life, more ticks does = more damage but isn't that compromised with having less mastery?

Edited by Nalar

No because you make up the less damage per tick from more ticks in the same period, or by just seeing those ticks occur quicker than they otherwise would have, meaning you can spend the time gained doing something else.

Try not to always compare stuff in a vacuum, and don't get too hung up on Mastery as being far and away the best stat for Demonology. Consider them equal.

Try not to always compare stuff in a vacuum, and don't get too hung up on Mastery as being far and away the best stat for Demonology. Consider them equal.

To echo this with a saying you've all heard a lot - try not to get hung up on your stats being the primary reason for your awesome or shitty DPS.  The reason is your spell use.

• Like 1

Nicely done! Kaz told me you were pretty pleased with yourself. I only managed to get 28th on 10H Norushen, the campaign continues!

I got so crazy excited when Malk hit 20% and I was at 570k.  I offered 10k to my raid if they kept me over 500k.  I let them roll for it - saw rolls of 94, 96, and 97.  I made it as exciting for them as it was for me.  Keep up the good work - Demo gets easier the more you play it.  Shit just flows so nice together - using a moderately high Haste build?

Wow nice. Clean 530k is huge.

And people say Demonology is underpowered smile.png

I hope they keep saying/thinking that.  I need to buy a good Rogue for a pull on this fight before Tricks damage gift goes away. 

Zagam, what haste are you running at?

And congrats can't play at the moment computer broke, :(

A bit of a noobish question but it is better to use MF when in meta form and using fire aura, isn't it?.

A bit of a noobish question but it is better to use MF when in meta form and using fire aura, isn't it?.

Yes. You want to go in with enough Fury to last for all of the cooldown. Generally this involves jumping in Meta when loads of adds come, popping MF + Immo Aura, and spamming ToC for free 4 pc cleave.

Zagam, what haste are you running at?

And congrats can't play at the moment computer broke, sad.png

Somewhere around 16k. 

You would never use MF with Hellfire.  That's just sillypants.

I got so crazy excited when Malk hit 20% and I was at 570k.  I offered 10k to my raid if they kept me over 500k.  I let them roll for it - saw rolls of 94, 96, and 97.  I made it as exciting for them as it was for me.  Keep up the good work - Demo gets easier the more you play it.  Shit just flows so nice together - using a moderately high Haste build?

I hope they keep saying/thinking that.  I need to buy a good Rogue for a pull on this fight before Tricks damage gift goes away. 

I'm running almost 16k haste, seems to be comfortable. I'll probably stick with it and just aim to increase the mastery as I continue to gear up, but we'll see. It DID help that I had a friendly rogue throwing me Tricks all the time :P

All of my parses are sans Rogues.  I really need to recruit one...

• Like 1

I did the first 3 bosses with low haste high crit today. Feels icky.

Good damage though, especially considering now weve gone 25 and recruited some new locks, meaning I no longer get tricks so they can compare better...

Low Haste as Demo?  Bleh.  I enjoyed seeing my Shadowflame tick interval be 0.3 seconds with them critting as high as 350k.  So nasty.  Doom ticking on a 5 second interval is quite delicious as well, especially when they're ticking at 900k+.  Only reason I could see high Crit being beneficial is maybe 1 or 2 more Imps per fight on average and a slightly higher Soul Fire damage portion.  I don't think the Crit benefits outweigh Haste.

Well I don't tend to play farm more than once a month. I just had time for 3 bosses before I needed to leave for work, so stuck to my Destruction reforge that I'll be using on Garrosh next raid.

Anyway, I got to 100% confirm to myself that low haste Demo is horrible to play.

I think once we get consistent Garrosh kills on 25 man sorted ill go back to my beloved all out haste build which I tried one week. Most fun build out there for me personally. (You remember those 4.8s Doom intervals I linked you couple months ago)

Edited by Liquidsteel

Zagam I'll look on your armoury to see what haste your on but you say your on 16 k haste , what haste breakpoint (if any) do you get to when your haste buffed?

Yeah it was a silly pants question asking about MF and using out of meta form lol

I'm not playing (more of cannot then choosing not to) atm so cannot try out what haste your at?

But did try 18k haste and it was fast for me don't know if it upped my dps tho.

But keep the demo stuff coming , I'm loving the talk lol.

If you go on Ask Mr Robot and select Demonology spec, you can go into Edit Weights and choose a soft cap for haste.

In their you can see all the haste breakpoints, as well as the ones once you add in stuff like bloodlust and meta gem and berserking.

It's how I discovered 14880 haste for trolls over the regular 14873.

Off the top of my head, 16k haste would be just above a doom breakpoint with 30% haste (meta gem or BL, but not both). 

Thanks , I do play about with AMR , but wish in demo spec it would show what your mastery would be in meta form when you have optimised , maybe it does and I'm just not seeing it.

I do like the 14880 haste BP, but was wondering If I could go higher in my gear without sacrificing much.

Zagam I'll look on your armoury to see what haste your on but you say your on 16 k haste , what haste breakpoint (if any) do you get to when your haste buffed?

Yeah it was a silly pants question asking about MF and using out of meta form lol

I'm not playing (more of cannot then choosing not to) atm so cannot try out what haste your at?

But did try 18k haste and it was fast for me don't know if it upped my dps tho.

But keep the demo stuff coming , I'm loving the talk lol.

It's not a straight breakpoint. Part of it is a "feel" thing, and part of it also seeing where there are breakpoints with the various haste buffs and looking at the opener and so forth.

Thanks , I do play about with AMR , but wish in demo spec it would show what your mastery would be in meta form when you have optimised , maybe it does and I'm just not seeing it.

I do like the 14880 haste BP, but was wondering If I could go higher in my gear without sacrificing much.

Like Liquidsteel said earlier in the thread, you aren't really SACRIFICING for haste, you're just prioritizing it more. For example, I play at a higher haste rating, I'm sitting at 15808 haste, just because with my gear, that's where I've ended up. I still have 14.8k mastery, and the play feels smooth. Once I get another upgrade or two, I'll probably get to 16k, and then just focus on boosting mastery after that, because I like the way it flows with this level of haste. I'm also not a troll, so no Berserking :/

Yeah on demo I have to get out if the mindset if mastery is king ,

It's been a big feature with locks in MoP, but with demo it's like you can hit hard but how frequent do you want to hit!.