FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
swaggadragon

I feel like Mr. Robot is duping me.

So I only recently started using Mr. Robot with the stat weights from the sticky post. Before, I was gemming mostly crit and was sitting around ~35%, now Mr. Robot has asked me to basically change everything to haste. Now, I am at 27.74% crit, which I don't like because I'm below 30%.

I'm wondering if someone can shed some light on the situation for me. Did I screw up somewhere? I know I have way too much mastery right now, so i'm trying to replace those pieces (not using tier legwraps even because of the mastery). AMR says I'm optimal, but i'm just not sure. Even in the 'guaranteed optimal' section (which, tbh confused me)- it says I have 37.34% crit, which doesn't match up in game. Any help would be great. 

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/4a37b0ad-31da-49af-9bf3-8635c1c58ada

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/Maggles/simple

Ah okay, I see. But in LFR currently, with full raid buff, my crit chance is only showing to be 32.74%. Does the Prismatic Prison of Pride factor in to that value without showing it?

I'm not sure if it is the case in your exact situation, but I know with spirit for healers they will calculate the average spirit gained from something like a trinket proc, and figure that into your overall spirit. They may do the same thing for other stats when procs are involved. So they may be calculating the average crit you will gain from all of your int procs on your trinkets.

PPP only affects your crit damage and healing.  Not your actual crit value.

Also are you sure you were full raid buffed?  Regardless, check to see if the rating matches up (check "from gear" it says 12057 rating)

Ah thank you! The gear ratings all match up perfectly. Is it still worth it to be gemming so much haste to reach the breakpoint and sitting <30% unbuffed crit, though?

Ah thank you! The gear ratings all match up perfectly. Is it still worth it to be gemming so much haste to reach the breakpoint and sitting <30% unbuffed crit, though?

Unbuffed is not really a relevant stat to aim for in raiding as you will generally get the crit buff from one of the many classes that provide it.

Provided your buffed crit doesn't suffer too much then going for a higher haste break point is most definitely a good idea.

My rule of thumb is go for the highest haste break point you can reach without dropping below 35 - 40 % crit raid buffed.

• Like 1