FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Redfella

Trinket question for 10man

I have a Warforged Samophlange as my primary trinket, and am sitting on 13k spirit and the highest haste cap. I'm comfortable with my regen with this combination -- if I drop the trinket I'd have to skip even more socket bonuses to grab the haste cap, and be at around 15k spirit to be comfortable with regen.

So, the question: Should I be using Nazgrim or Thok trinket as my second until I get Prismatic from normal\hc? I do have the Flex version of it, but I'm wondering if the upgraded Thok\Naz outperform it.

We have quite easy time on all the fights where we do not stack, so I like having the cleave effect for the stacking fights, but otherwise aren't sure which one of Thok or Naz trinket would be better. I usually leave the cleave trinket on in favor of the Flex Prismatic since I'd go over the haste cap. I guess I should be using Nazgrim primarily, Thok fro cleave fights and replace them with Prismatic once it drops?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Redlan/advanced

Edited by Redlok

That sounds like you've got a ton of spirit - I'd review the way you're healing a bit, you can re-work your mana usage to not need so much (I go with about 12.5k with no trinket).

Prismatic Prison > others. Period. Got a flex version? Use it 'til you get a real one.

I personally use Thok's over the DSD - but our group is good about not spreading out all over the damn place. Even when we don't need to stack, we're generally not spread that far out, and the cleave accounts for a solid 3% of my healing, before the int buff.

Nazgrim is our last choice. The multistrike may sound nice, but the cleave is better, IMO, just because it helps more than one target and we're generally healing multiple targets at a time.

Prismatic Prison of Pride is by far the best healing trinket in the game. I'd use it even if it were LFR. The Amp it gives will give you everything. I'd look into your spirit too. It sounds like a lot. I'd even look into getting the trinket off Blackfuse as your secondary trinket? The Int + Spirit proc may be nice overall. But this is just on a pure healing perspective instead of class specific.

Well, our guild is semi-casual and I find I really have to Rejuv-blanket the shit out of everything since people constantly take damage when they should not. This leads to Swiftmend and Sagemender being down almost 24/7 and me spending even more mana due using Genesis on top of all so that players would be topped off before they do more mistakes. 

I've followed Krazyito's gearbuild instructions on stats and so far they've worked wonderfully for me. Even at 562 ilvl I can throughput over 300k hps on stacking fights without much else than mana issues. 

If people didn't stand in the fire, it would be np, but it is what it is. On good evenings we oneshot HC-bosses up till Shamans, on bad nights we have multiple wipes on normal Nazgrim. smile.png

I'll take Prismatic back in and start rotating Samophlange\Thok for certain fights.

Edit: Reforged\Gemmed to be at 12k spirit now and will see how the 6,5% increase in mastery and a bit of spellpower will work for me. Just have to reduce blanketing and hope people get better avoiding stupid stuff all the time.

Edited by Redlok

Just to chime in, here would be my personal rankings of trinkets.

Amp always.

Thok for throughput/stacked

Seigecrafter for mana regen / spread

Nazgrim never if the other two are options.

This is ALL versions of the trinkets.