FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
cuernov

(Resto) Need Advice

HI

I quit wow a long time ago and i started to play again.I think i am doing something wrong on my healing rotation because people with lower gear are doing better than me.If you guys can check my gear and logs give me some tips will be great.thanks

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stonemaul/Malboroman/advanced

Logs

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Lyb1CWGh63DqPVjX#type=healing&boss=-2

Well, first you're gemming way too much spirit.  I would recommend going down to like 12k spirit or so and learn to manage mana a bit more.  

I tried to see if you could reach 13k haste, and while you could, you would be losing a TON of int (like 1200~1400).  So I would wait until you have more haste on your gear.  So instead i would recommend this for now: 

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/92f41b4f-0781-4eaa-ac30-0547886db63b

This will give you about a 5% increase to your total healing via mastery.

Next, I would recommend you changing some talents around.  Soul of the forest is the best throughput talent for this tier.  Since people are usually always at full health, and there aren't very many long full damage phases, you can do a lot of sniping with SotF -> WG on damage.  

I would also recommend using Nature's vigil instead of heart of the wild on any long fight.  If yu can only use HotW once during a fight, and its over 3 minutes you're better off using NV for the more constant throughput.  If a fight lasts a short amount of time, or you only get 1 big source of damage (maybe juggernaut) then HotW may be better for that 45s of extra healing.

All in all, NV is usually better on longer fights, while HotW better on shorter ones.

Looking into logs, I'm looking pretty much only at Iron Juggernaut.  Your harmony is 99%, only falling off at the very end of the fight which is good  

It seems you were using Soul of the forest on Iron juggernaut, good.  You may want to try to use SotF with WG more often.  Save WG for SM,  or SM for WG

You used SM 9 times, out of a possible 22~.  You should only be missing around 3-4 max depending how many times you're saving it for WG.  But you should be trying to use it on CD as much as possible.  The same goes for WG, you used it 23 out of a possible 34~.

The only excpetion I should see is with WG.  If anything, SM should always be used on CD and you hold the WG for it, thus having about as many WG as SM.  Sometimes, its good to throw an extra WG in there, but for the most part, SM and WG should have the same number of casts

Lastly, your rejuvs may need to be casted better.  Should try to have a much higher difference between rejuv and your other spells.  Gradually start throwing more and more to see what your mana can handle.  Ask for mana tides or mana hymns to help you throw out even more.

• Like 1

Looking at harmony uptimes for each fight:

Sha: 83% could be better.

Gala: 79%% needs work

Shamans: 98% good

Nazgrim: 88%, could be better

Malk: 99% perfect

Thok: 54% bad.  You have so many instants, and regrowth is way fast enough to be able ot throw in to refresh.  Never lose this buff.

Make a weak aura or something that tells you that you have 5 seconds left on harmony to remind you to refresh it.  If you SM on CD, then you should always have this buff.

• Like 1

Wow thanks for taking the time to help me out.I will change talent and gem see how it work out,You are right i don't use enought SM because the second i think to cast it the person is already full life. I will post in a week to see if you see i am doing better if you have the time to see my logs again.Thanks again

I'll use this thread to ask for specific resto advice, which may be usefull for everyone.

Yesterday we got to Juggernaut hc with our group and as this fight requires 3 healers i'm going as resto. For first 2minutes i've found myself quite usefull, but not doing too much - main thing is that i can rejuv those, who get damaged while easily dodge'ing all the crap that boss throws at me, and if i see that situation is getting tricky (for example other healers (rshamy and disci) are being chased by drills) i just finish hot'ing up and pop up genesis.

That part is fine. It gets tricky after boss enters siege phase - that's when situation goes out of hand, i feel that i can do so much more, but simply can't figure out what. 

~10secs before siege i start covering whole raid for rejuvenation, so everyone is maxed out and got a hot for upcoming damage. After boss throws us away we all group up in shroom and i pop it to get everyone up. after that i continue rejuvenating everyone and for second throw our shammy puts his totems down, so he cover's it. For third one i pop up tranq, but it's merely enough to get everyone up, and it happens for us to lose 1-2 people... We absolutely can not aford this, so I wonder what could I do better? 

Spirit walker grace to move and tranq? Pop NV or HotW with tranq? Use SotF with tranq for super boost?

Idk I'm just throwing ideas. I'm use to people being bad and just dying. Maybe there's nothing you can do and they are just getting hit by mortars?

Even in 25 man we have like tranq + Devo + tide + rallying and people still die. You can't heal stupid.

The thing is, that we're using the "get pushed away and just try to survive for 1 min" kind of tactic, as we have quite decent dps (we get boss down to ~55% during first assault phase). But when the siege phase comes into play even though we're away from the boss so we only get bombs, tars and laser. That constant 70k raid wide damage from boss and 400~500k when he throws us away is something really hard to heal up... 

As for your advices i don't find myself requiring movement, so first option is kind of out of question. HotW + tranq is an option, but it only helps for one siege phase, and we're getting 2 of them..I could try using NV for this fight.

Third option is something i've completely forgot. I should just click swiftmend on anyone damaged, and then use tranq, this could work. 

I'm thinking about building up two healing bursts - one would be tranq buffed by swiftmend, and another could be NV + Berserk and shitload of rejuvs. This may actually work.

Edit: I guess i should also try to get at least LFR version of pride trinket, as currently i've got shitty combination of nazgrim and blackfuse trinkets... 

Edited by Pinkis

Like Krazy's said, you need to be using raid CD's. It's not just on you to keep everyone alive - it's on your other healers every person in the raid to get you through.

Look for the following CD's to mitigate the damage from each pulse:

Warriors (All Specs): Demoralizing Banner, Rallying Cry

Paladins (All Specs): Devotion Aura

Rogues (All Specs): Smoke Bomb

Death Knights (Frost/Unholy): Anti-Magic Zone (Blood can take this, too, but they have more important talents that tier for tanking)

Priests (Disc): Power Word: Barrier

Monks (BM): Avert Harm (may require additional cooldowns to survive)

Look for the following CD's to provide throughput to the raid:

Druids (All Specs): Tranquility (use with SOTF as resto, off-spec with HotW is very strong)

Monks (MW): Revival

Paladins (Holy): Guardian of Ancient Kings

Priests (Holy): Divine Hymn, Lightwell

Priests (Shadow): Vampiric Embrace (requires damaging boss)

Shaman (All Specs): Healing Tide Totem, Ancestral Guidance (requires damaging boss for DPS specs)

Shaman (Resto): Ascendance

Additionally, ensure that every raid member is using Healthstones (if available) and their personal cooldowns. 55% by first Siege Phase isn't getting very far - it's on pace to not only get a second Siege Phase but also possibly (even likely) have to contend with the enrage timer. The way we do it, we pull the boss to about the middle of the room and can still pew pew the boss while dodging tar and not have to deal with running around from mortars. This also lets DPS Shamans and Priests use their throughput cooldowns. Look through some of my past streams and you can see what we do.

It took us a while to clean this fight up, but it was almost entirely people taking unnecessary damage in Assault Phase. Yell at anyone standing in bombs, drills, etc. The biggest thing is teaching your raid members that it's as much their job to ensure their survival as it is yours and forcing them to use all of their defensive abilities. As a pro-tip for a resto druid: throw Symbiosis on your hunter if you have one. It gives you Deterrence, which you can use to deflect (that is, take no damage and not get the knock back) a Shock Pulse. You can't heal, so build a /cancelaura Deterrence into your button for it so you can pop it right before it hits and cancel it right after. You won't have to heal yourself for that pulse, and you'll also have less interruption to your healing right after the hit when people have taken damage.

That's a good point. The warrior needs to get within 60 yards of the boss to place it. Its also only 10% so better for the first pulse.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll spread the info in my group. As for hitting enrage - that's not a problem, we just need to survive siege phase twice. Assault phase takes 2 mins, and siege phase takes 1 min, if we repeat it twice thats 6 mins, and enrage timer is 7:30 as far as i remember. So it gives us 1min + to get last 10~15%, as we're getting 40+ per 2 mins i'd consider that quite easy. Although we've only had a couple of hours for this fight, so we just need some time to get into it, and as you've said - people need to learn to use their defensive cd's.

For the record i've found that list of class specific raid cd's really usefull, because i'm not familiar with most of the classes.

The enrage is 7:00. If you can keep everyone alive, you're on par to beat it. If you start losing people, that 55% in the first 2 becomes a whole lot less the the next time around.

The enrage is 7:00. If you can keep everyone alive, you're on par to beat it. If you start losing people, that 55% in the first 2 becomes a whole lot less the the next time around.

Yesterday we killed this boss. I haven't checked the timer, but we did like 50% in the first assault phase, and left 10~15% after second. We had one dps down at the end of the encounter. 

What we changed - we used DK's bubble for the first shock pulse, which helped A LOT. Healers did not have to work their asses out trying to get out of wall and keep everyone alive. Also we stacked just before and after second shock pulse. Before - to get priest and rogue cds down, and after - to pop my shroom. For the third shock pulse I did use the deterrence which was superb after I got used to putting it just before shock pulse and canceling after (I did cancel it a bit too soon a couple of times). And for the third pulse our pally put his aura up and I used swiftmend + tranq combo, which topped up everyone and gave a short hot to get back into position.

One thing that I've learned though is to spam rejuv just before shockpulse, letting those who are more squishy get rejuv last, and after shock pulse - genesis. This way it was way better healing throughput. I got ~160k after the fight, while our shammy and priest had ~130k each. (Shammy was quite bad, as heavy movement fights are his weak spot).

Well, one thing I did not mention that our group changed a bit - we lost a mage (our top dps) but got a warlock (~ same ilvl, but  did a bit lower dps, as he's not used to group yet). As we got candies from warlock it gave additional personal CD for everyone.

So from resto dudu perspective at juggernaut what worked for me:

Spamming rejuvs before shock pulse leaving squishy targets last and popping genesis after.

Detterence to negate shock pulse.

SW + Tranq combo.

I even forgot to use Berserking with NV, as learning to combine raid cds helped a lot.

Since you're getting both Siege Phases, NV might be good. Once you're down to just one, I recommend HotW since it's a stronger CD and lasts almost the entire thing (25% for 45 seconds versus 12% for 30 seconds) and there isn't much need for CDs during Assault Phase.

I usually Tranq after I think the second or third Shock Pulse. Second if we're struggling a little or third if I just want us topped back off as we start over. Pre-HoTing is definitely a good thing to start doing. Following with Genesis is good. Try also catching a SM+WG as the Rejuvs are ticking, too.

Glad to hear you guys are making it! On to Shamans!