FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Watermasta

Drain Soul Back!

So Drain Soul is back and Maelific Grasp is gone. Drain Soul now has the same effects of Maelfic Grap.

How do you guys feel about it? Can someone post the exact information from blizz? I'm at work and websensed!

So is Soulshatter.  With the changes to KJC, it's only a matter of time before they bring back Fel Flame.  I think only Carrion Swarm will stay permanently gone.

Blizz takes 4 away.  Listens to community.  Gives 3 back.  Ain't no complaints here.

You mean...

Blizz takes away 4, intending to give back 3

Community Panics

Blizz gives back 3

We feel lucky to only lose 1, instead of mad at losing 1

in regards to them basically changing MGrasp Visual to DS, as cool as the DS graphic is the way it slowly comes out from the mob to the player wont work for a shorter channel like MG.  They will need to adjust it or your channel will be done before you see the full graphic.

Are people really upset over losing Carrion Swarm? 

Destruction suffers from button bloat more than any other warlock spec. 

I don't think Fel Flame is coming back personally.  *Shrug* I could be wrong.

EDIT: I meant 'Demonology', not 'Destruction'

Edited by Stunlocked

Stunlocked, I think you mean Demonology suffers from button bloat. Destruction certainly doesn't. And I am sad to see Carrion Swarm go, it was nice to have an interrupt that didn't require a specific pet. And the AoE knockback was useful for PvP, I would guess, but I rarely PvP, so that bit doesn't matter to me as much.

Carrion Swarm is very nifty, especially PvP, and very much so at the lumber mill in Arathi Basin.  Good times.... fear towards edge, carrion swarm off.

It is very nice in some arenas too.

Stunlocked, I think you mean Demonology suffers from button bloat. Destruction certainly doesn't. And I am sad to see Carrion Swarm go, it was nice to have an interrupt that didn't require a specific pet. And the AoE knockback was useful for PvP, I would guess, but I rarely PvP, so that bit doesn't matter to me as much.

Correct, I meant Demonology. 

And yes, I can see how Carrion Swarm would be a lot of fun in PvP.  One of my favorite PvP moments was when I used a succubus to knock a boomkin off the cliff in Eye of the Storm. 

• Like 1

Yes, I am very upset to see Carrion Swarm removed.  A situational knockback (since I always glyphed) and an AoE interrupt on 10s cooldown was a very nice part of our toolkit.  But.. It was deemed power we shouldn't have....

Another interesting post implying Drain soul will have elements from both MG and DS spell graphic....

Can you PLEASE give Drain Soul the Malefic Grasp animation in Warlords? Would hate to see such a cool animation disappear.
The new Drain Soul has a combination of live's Drain Soul visual, plus Malefic Grasp's missile visual. (Celestalon)

Edited by Soulzar

Personally I want the old pink line back. JK. I don't think they've ever made a spell graphic quite so spot-on as Drain Soul.

I miss DS. It was like calmness settled over the fight in execute phases when you could finally drain the boss hard while watching this long channel.

It was a spell that really worked before Panda.

Drain Soul animation was changed in... Cataclysm? It used to just be a pink little line, just as Drain Life was a green little line and Drain Mana was a blue little line.